Versace S/S 2010 : Georgia May Jagger & Simon Nessman by Mario Testino

Really dislike Georgia's head in the two new shots, looks way to photoshopped. :ninja:

Yay the gown debuts! :heart: I like the side to side position a bit more. Is Paolo going to be the half naked one here in all the shots? :lol:

tbh, i prefer her lying down to upside down...

and that's Simon Nessman??? doesn't look like him...

Georgia is just yuk. I cant think of anything else to call her. Can you imagine how terrific these would have looked (especially the white gown shot) if Georgina, Maryna or Mariacarla were shot instead.

I would prefer they would chose another long gown than the white one. A colorful one, but i still like it.

^ I agree. They should shoot the turquoise one and the final white one, they had much more dazzle to them.

In the white gown shot there is so much Photoshopping going on her face, it's unreal. I really don't care for these ads personally..

Georgia is just yuk. I cant think of anything else to call her. Can you imagine how terrific these would have looked (especially the white gown shot) if Georgina, Maryna or Mariacarla were shot instead.

well, rumor has it that versace lost the bidding war -- to armani, no less -- for megan fox and one can imagine her in each of these poses working it out. her features would really look good in this campaign.

Megan Fox sure would have been better; she's more beautiful as well as suitable. But we all know that these girls have next to no modelling abilities. But then again, that doesn't even matter anymore.

First gown!Yay finally!It looks amazing in print,but I would have preferred to see the one on Vlada(which was the best of the whole show) or the one on Ginta
I'm getting scared about Georgia though,she's like Abbey twin sister,they look like the same :shock: ...or maybe it's the photoshop...

Versace ads are getting worse.
And Georgia May Jagger is so much overrated... by looking at those pictures, the only thing I can say is that it's not deserved at all.

I really dislike this campaign because it is absolutely uninspiring and unaspirational. I think it is wrong for what the collection was. I hate she is laying down, but maybe that's to signify Alice falling down into Wonderland? Either way, I still believe it would have been more dynamic with more than one (amateur) model. Another thing I do not like is the fact that, If I had not seen the collection, I would not really understand what the clothes are like. Not good campaign in my eyes. :neutral:

This collection from Donatella was hardly classy, but you're right any of the girls you mentioned would have made at least the shots with the gowns look that way.....unfortunately Georgia looks like a little girl dressing up in her mum's bedroom....at least in the shot with the white gown.
In some of the other shots, she does seem more suited to the clothes as it was a fairly young collection, but another model would have brought so much more to this IMO.
Is is a while since Versace have used a new girl in the advertising and there was so many girls from the last show who would have fit the mould here.....Ginta Lapina, Abbe Lee, Jac, Constance, Edita and more.
Missed opportunity IMO all for the sake of using someone who's family name is very recognisable. Also I have no problem with Georgia I just feel she isn't particularly right for this.

I imagined this campaign to be very similar to Versace's SS04 campaign. Full of patterns, prints and very extreme lighting to exaggerate the pretty colour. Instead it was just underwhelming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->