Versace S/S 2010 : Georgia May Jagger & Simon Nessman by Mario Testino

Georgia is just yuk. I cant think of anything else to call her. Can you imagine how terrific these would have looked (especially the white gown shot) if Georgina, Maryna or Mariacarla were shot instead.

Georgina?!?!? No, thank god for Georgia, she looks lovely - even if these aren't the most inspired photographs in town...

oh god

i didn't realize how ugly she looks in the white gown face-wise until i tilted my head

oh my.....

i think georgia's lack of modelling experience definitely shows...
she just looks really awkward and uncomfortable!
her poses look look too forced and her expression is blank
not versace's best campaign!

No standing up shots???....Oh well, i think the best shots for me are the ones with the printed dresses!

As much as I like Simon and Paolo, and despite the initial surprise I had when I first saw it, this does absolutely nothing to me. I'm very neutral about Georgia, but she looks so distorted it makes me weep.

Her head looks photoshopped onto her body. And I have never found a model to be so unphotogenic in my life. Her face is not working in any of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think such a lively and bright collection would receive a corresponding bright and young ad campaign. Instead they give us Georgia Jagger, who just so happens to be very talentless, and lazy lying down shots that don't encourage the clothes to pop out in your face like they did on the runway.
They're just so underwhelming for such a poppy collection.

Her head looks photoshopped onto her body. And I have never found a model to be so unphotogenic in my life. Her face is not working in any of these.

i couldn't agree more. plus she always has the same stuping and tiring expression on each shot... terrible campaign :yuk:

I think even if that campaign isn´t that amazing, the collection was so great that it looks good to me anyway.

The only thing I love about this campaign is Simon. I could stare at him all day! :wub: :heart:

Everyone can say what they want, but I personally love this. Georgia looks amazing and fits the collection very well in my opinion.

At least they tried to cast someone different from the usual Gisele/Kate duo...
Versace usually tends to use celebrities and supermodels in their ads,the only "normal" model I remember being casted for a campaign was Cat Mcneil for the FW07 one(which was horrible though)

and lazy lying down shots that don't encourage the clothes to pop out in your face like they did on the runway.

I got the impression that they went for that style of pose because she isn't that tall, I'm wondering if her legs are long enough to look right in the particular way you expect from Versace - that tall, commanding supermodel pose - but if that was the issue, I'd rather have had her standing up with her legs photoshopped than what they've done to her face while she's lying down.

The campaign(along with the collection) should be Versus. Versace needs to be something completely different and out of this world.

I feel very positive about this campaign, but I keep thinking im in my 20's, and the versace audience are much wider...this campaing, and the model selection feels very reducted to some kind of girl...I wish they would pick a much mature and super model to do this

I dont mind the poses, the white dress looks exquisite, the shoes! please!
this collection was a 10 for the brand

LOVE IT!:heart:

The full campaign is on Versace website :woot:
Can someone please get all the pictures?

I love love love these ones :heart:

2nsrzfa.jpg
sxi3nr.jpg

versace.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"