Sex and the City Movie *Update* The Movie Sequel in the Works

After the show's finale, Cattrall, 50, was reportedly the one cast member not on board for a movie version. But she explained to the UK's Sunday Mail in June: "I thought they would go ahead and do the film without me. But then for it to be said that I was the cause that it wasn't being made was truly horrific. That was not my intention. My intention was to get more money for all of us."

She added: "I felt the only reason to revisit it after finishing it so beautifully would be a fabulous script and a big lump of cash for the actors. Working seven years for a cable TV series is not like doing Friends for NBC. We had all worked our [butts] off. If I was going to do this movie it had to be a retirement situation."

people

LOVE SATC
I'm excited for this!

Move if it doesn't belong here :smile:

I never blamed Kim for not wanting to do the movie,i actually think she was right to want more money.SATC was a phenomenen around the world and still they never got the raise Friends got,no matter what was the reason for that,i would do the same as Kim in wanting a substanial payment for the movie,because we all know its going to bring in the money no matter what.

I think Kim was right about the money and next to Sarah Jessica Parker, she really is one of the main stars of the show...people love Samantha.

^hope not. but even it wont be as exciting.. im sure what they wear will be a feast for the eye

what kim catrall said about the money on cable tv in comparison to network tv is so true.
i hope the ladies are paid handsomely for the project! like each of them get 10% of the gross earnings on top of a $15 million salary.

I dont get it still.. why??
whats so different... about nbc and a cable networking...

i'm very, very excited about this happening. i do have my concerns but i'm mostly excited just to see what they come up with. i just hope they dont make this an all age friendly film and cut down on the swearing, drinking and sex.

I know!! I'll be disapointed if it turns out tu be one of those family friendly movies =(

I dont get it still.. why??
whats so different... about nbc and a cable networking...

NBC is a national television station with hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising dollars. The market is larger and more viewers watch nationally syndicated television whereas cable television is a paid service...meaning people who want to watch HBO have to buy HBO. It isnt free so the market is smaller meaning the advertising dollars are smaller. Meaning the budgets for shows are smaller, the pay is for the most part less, etc. But there are great advantages to cable television....the rules are much more relaxed. SATC wouldn't have survived regular television because of the FCC rules, etc. That's the difference...hope that helps. :flower:

'Sex and the City' Film To Shoot This Fall

The long-awaited Sex and the City TV movie has been green-lighted and will start shooting this autumn. Actress Kim Cattrall, who stalled and then axed plans to make the project in 2005 over salary issues, has reportedly agreed to make the one-off film, which follows the four leading lady characters from the hit TV series. Her new deal includes a better salary and a future series deal with U.S. cable channel HBO, according to trade magazine Daily Variety. HBO aired the original Sex and the City series and the cable channel will also back the movie. The Sex and the City film will be directed by the series' longtime director Michael Patrick King, based on a new script he wrote. The project will reunite the TV show's stars, Cattrall, Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis. There are no other casting details available. Sex and the City was a ratings winner and critical success during its TV run between 1998 and 2004, when the last episode aired.

(source: http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-07-06/#2)

^ The movie still isn't on anyone's IMDB profiles yet. Either way, it's exciting and I'm happy Kim might get her own show on HBO! :clap:

OMG Yesssssssss finnaly an official confirmation,i am releaved.Novella thanks for posting.

To me, Patricia pretty much made the show since fashion was one of SATC's biggest hooks :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love PMK and all the story lines but we all love watching SATC for the clothes too ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->