Shopping for Family of Brands-Carpe Diem, Linea, etc...

Just really relplying to Jhamie on the appropriate thred. See softie, someone obeys the rules!

The only place you'll get C Deim on line is the odd piece that pops up on Yoox, but nothing doing at the moment.

In Europe, as far as I'm aware, Colette (maybe only Linea and Sartoria?) and L'Eclaireur in Paris sell the line. In the UK, The Library on Brompton Road and Harvey Nicks in London - the latter has only a handful of pieces - black and white leather shirts, grey tees, long brown leather caot, brown leather trousers.

And to reply to your other question jhamie, I basically wear comme and junya!

ah right, cool mate, thanks for the info. I'll go have wee search...:D

You'll also find a Carpe Diem piece on eBay once in a while. I've never seen LMaltieri or Linea on eBay, though. Except for some woman selling pieces from YOOX at a stupidly inflated cost.

Why not? It's not like people are going to sell fake Altieri. :lol:

I don't like the idea of paying someone I don't know for an item with no warrenty or any form of legal purchase documents to fall back on...

Yes, it's a fairly reliable service, but there are a whole host of reasons to avoid it...

I've also had problems with Ebay, and as far as i'm concerned, they can go...you know where...

Actually, there is fake Altieri, so I would watch out.

If it looks too good to be true price-wise, then it is.

Even on auctions you will not find a piece by him for cheap unless there is some damage to it.

^Wow, I had no idea anyone made fakes. How you seen them yourself? What kind of stuff has been copied? I'm very intrigued by this.

there will be a new line basically consisting of t-shirt. but, in stark contrast to Anatomica, this is the simplest piece ever. it's just about dye.
called "Batch project" at the moment.

I tried on the high boots today. Ahh.. I still can't get over the upturned nose, even though with time they're supposed to level out. It looked much better on the stand. Maybe I just can't pull them off :unsure: .

sounds interesting runner...
especially in light of the fact that i have been experimenting with dye myself lately...:wink:

too bad about that faust...but maybe they're just not for you...
some things are just like that...
unfortunately...:(

*but you have penty of other great stuff...:flower:

I have a moan about carpe diem (again).

My leather shirt, lauded to some dgree here, has two problems. (a) the buttons are rubbish and almost all of them are just about falling off (b) the leather is so absorbent that just about every time i wear it I get stains on it that I need to frantically wash out.

I am not happy about this at all - not what you'd expect for the price (esp the first point).

Another related question. These things are supposed to be hand washable. HAs anyone else ever done this?

^ :shock: That really sucks. I'd be too scared to hand wash.

I myself have never done this, but I think it should be fine.
Some of the leathers are washed before they are made into the shirts anyway.

send it to me and i'll wash it for you.... it may take awhile though... a long while :wink:

AlexN said:
^ :shock: That really sucks. I'd be too scared to hand wash.

that does suck! i agree with raijin's comments on washing.

Alan Bilzerian (owns the store carrying his name) has told me that he washes and twist-wrings his crushed leathers from CDiem out himself.

One of the key things about the leather of CDiem is that it is indeed washed, and can be washed.

THanks for the comments. I will probably give it a try I think, the shirt has certainly been washed before. The buttons are a pain though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"