Stars seen in fur... Real or Faux!

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by William_St_Girl, Dec 22, 2009.

1. William_St_Girl

William_St_Girl New Member

I'm amazed how many stars are now walking out in fur... I find how they are wearing it a real insperation as I love fur myself! Think it's just the ultimate in star status and glamour... going back to its hay day in the 20's and 30's! Would love to see more of the pics people are posting on the star forums... but you cant serch the word fur as its only 3 letters... min is 4... so just wondering if people wouldn't mind posting the stars wearing fur here!

Im so needing some fur inspiration this winter!

Thankyou!

WSG x

2. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

I opened the Mirror today (I'm at home, I don't buy it) and on the third page was a huge spread about celebrities wearing fur, centred by Victoria Beckham wearing this massive fox coat and others wearing real and faux.
    I was shocked that the Mirror was promoting real fur as I remember when Victoria Beckham wore a Giambattista Valli dress with a fur back and they said the back was made of "feathers" and on other such occasions they've said fur coats are faux when they clearly aren't, like they're trying not to upset anyone.
    I think now fur has made a massive comeback and is very much in fashion this winter, they are just going with the flow and the general public will most likely follow.

3. William_St_Girl

So any way of searching on here to find stars wearing fur in this thread... its a right pest how the search engine only does 4 or more leter words... if you find any pics of stars wearing fur... please post here too... or at least shout out the names!

WSG x

4. Thanatos

Thanatos Active Member

Diane Kruger Agyness Deyn
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    fashionising.com, osoblog.com
    Rosamund Pike Naomi Campbell
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    zimbio.com, jadorefashionblog.files.wordpress.com

5. Thanatos

Thanatos Active Member

Drew Barrymore
    [​IMG]
    fabsugar.co.uk

6. Thanatos

Thanatos Active Member

Kate Bosworth
    [​IMG]
    myopera.com

Jessica Alba
    [​IMG]
    redcarpetfashionawards.com

Diane Kruger
    [​IMG]
    zimbio.com

7. tullepen

tullepen New Member

I'll bet Zeta-Jones will be a highlight here soon,given her numerous fur sprees this winter..

8. Leeroi

Leeroi New Member

Fur and feathers pieces are easy money for designers since people are willing to buy several coats during winter; some even have massive coat collections that can last them several weeks if they are to wear one only once and move on to another. I mean, isn't it a faux-pas for celebs to wear things twice? I guess they treat fur coats the same way.

9. William_St_Girl

Yeh I've never understood the big thing about why celebs should not wear the same thing twice... especially if its as nice as a fur!

Thanks for all of you who have posted and please post more if you see them!

WSG x

10. William_St_Girl

anyone any other suggestions over the past two weeks... loved the VB pics!

11. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

Victoria Beckham

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Loved this one

And when she was Giambattista Valli's muse
    [​IMG]

And in the Valli dress I was talking about in the second post:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

buzznet.com
    zimbio.com
    marieclaire.co.uk
    babble.com
    trait-trejection.blogspot.com
    mirror.co.uk

12. William_St_Girl

Yeh VB rocks in fur and I cant believe how she has got away with saying to people the above coats are faux and people have believed her... you dont get faux fur as nice as that...

Seen her in loads of others too... but adore the first one in the red fox!

WSG x

13. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

Diane Kruger:
    [​IMG]

Maggie Gyllenhaal:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    zimbio

14. William_St_Girl

Trinny Woodall... I love Trinny in fur... she has loads... think like me she has a mild obsession! LOL

Attached Files:

15. William_St_Girl

anyone got any updates this week!?!

16. xbryony

xbryony New Member

Hey all :blush:
    I'm writing a feature for a university project on the history of real fur and taxidermy used in fashion, so dating way back leading up to now, all the key moments where it was in fashion and things like certain uses getting a lot of publicity, eg. a celeb wearing a fox around their neck?
    Anyway I was wondering if anyone here could help me by sharing any historical moments that theyre aware of or if anyone knows where I can find this info? I'm trying to build up a bit of a timeline to make the feature flow but I have some big gaps where I'm unsure of anything big happening.
    The main time frame I'm hoping to fill is kind of 1900's up to about 2000, it's obviously a lot easier to find articles etc on things that have happened more recently and gotten a lot of attention, and some come from memory due to being alive at this time haha always helps...

17. William_St_Girl

^ Nice idea for a project! Good Luck!

WSG x

18. Kenysha75

Kenysha75 New Member

[​IMG]
    Kelis is still queefing over and over again about how Peta put her on their hit list after she was photographed wearing The Shaggy Dog's hide all over her body a few months ago. In case you needed to know, Kelis still doesn't give a fuc*. She tells MTV:

"I got a letter from PETA about this, which is strange, because I’ve worn way more fur than I had on this day. But for some reason, they figured they were going to mention it, which was stupid. I honestly, I mean, this was a pretty regular day. [Laughing.] It was freezing, first of all… I love that hat, I bought in Russia… I wrote back to PETA because I feel like ‘Who on earth are you to tell me about what I wear?’ Quite frankly, I find them completely hypocritical, and I was reading something about how they euthanize 97% of the cats and dogs and animals that are brought to them. Just, completely hypocritical. I think anyone who feels the need to protest about someone else… it’s just completely insane to me…. I couldn’t care less about what they think of me and my fur hat. I just find it funny that this is the photo, the day… I mean, I would have fur walls if I could. I’m a complete carnivore. And people who don’t wear it and don’t want to, it’s fine. I don’t have any judgments about them."

Have fur walls IF she could? b*tch obviously hasn't been to Sharon Stone's house, because she has a fur room with a fur dresser in it that contains fur-lined drawers holding fur dildos and fur ball anal beads. You know Sharon gets off again when she sees animal hair in her lady jizz.

And I hope Kelis likes the taste of paint, because Peta is going to throw a Benjamin Moore store at her any day now.
    dlisted

#18 Kenysha75, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by moderator maam: May 14, 2010
  19. William_St_Girl

I LOVE Kelis's attitude... why should PETA tell her what to wear??? And I love her fur style... that coat is LUSH!!!

Im not sure why the text about sharon Stone is really neccessary... even if she does have some sort of fur fetish! I prob have a mild one if im being honest! LOL

Thankyou Kensha75 for your comment though

20. stellina

stellina New Member

this has made me love kelis tbh!
    i love fur but i don't have any real ones... yet!