Straight-leg Pants

I prefer low rise, as long as they don't go too far and turn totally trashy.

actually I don't care much about pants because I wear skirts most of the times :lol:

:heart: *straight leg jeans,
*men's style cut (slightly low rise) with tiny flair
worn extra-extra long
*pyjamas with cord waist (for summer)

*...low rise ? far too tired and non flattering for most
*high waisted? appologies but i really dont like them at all,
(much more on guys) :sick:

To sum up what plasticine was talking about,doesn't it really depend on the shape of your body? Certain trouser shapes work on certain people,I feel. Some look rather bulky on top when wearing something with straight-legs. I do prefer the look of the narrow man-style trouser with of course a wider cut,but again only can work if you're tall enough.

i guess it all depends on your figure- personally i like straight leg trousers and drainpipe jeans, they mean you can get away with marginally too short trousers, which is a bit of a problem when you have 35" legs, i think high waists can be quite unflattering though and so can straighter legs, then again ultra low jeans with a great tyre overhanging is pretty disgusting too, i think its more a matter of what works on your figure, i still like low fitting things but tend to avoid the ultra tight look or any fabric which is going to look cheap and trashy
i think the high waists have come in on the back of the "return to ladylike" dressing which a lot of places have been plugging,
plus you can only see so many bad stomachs before you decide that it is time for a cover-up and rethink.

Like some of you have already said, I think the most important thing when chosing pants is to consider your shape. Straight leg and high waist pants looks good on the right shape but they are definately not for me!
Straight legs makes my hips look too wide, and high waist pants will either be too big at the waist or too tight at the hips, so I prefer a bootcut or slight flare and a somewhat low waist (not so low that my underwear is on display though :wink: ). It's not a fashion statement though, I just wear what looks best on me :wink: .

I love straight leg pants. I also like pants that hug the thigh and butt a little bit, then flare out mid thigh, kind of a looser flare, instead of the flares that are tight through the thigh until it hits the knee then flares out.

I am prefering slightly higher waisted pants now, not high (as in up to the natural waist) but high enough that I don't have to worry about showing asscrack central when I sit, bend, twist... I am so over worrying that my underwear must match my outfit in case I showcase them to the entire world. Screw that!

Love the straight leg...but with some modifications like cuffed bottoms! AG makes fabulous jeans that are low rise & straight. Super flattering on everyone!!!

as a girl with long legs and sortof short waist....i won't wear a high waist pant, and i agree they are not comfortable. straight legs are great, though......and high waists are good for skirts

nornor

I prefer to wear straight leg pants that have a low-ish waist, mostly because I feel more comfortable in them and they suit me better.
Straight leg jeans are great!

for those of you who love lo-rise jns but like that narrow leg-a la "the Ramones"-
LEVIS has some great ones. very cool and very rock-n-roll. Urban might carry them.

Viktor and Rolf also do beautiful straight leg trousers-flawlessly cut and immaculate. I love Jil Sander's narrow trousers for s/s 04. Her pants also fit soooo well. I'm so glad she's back-and so is my boyfriend! One of the few designers who do great clothes for men and women. Helmut Lang is another.

While they may not be for every body type-they are my fave style of pants. :wink: :smile:

Straight legs are great but it is hard to get used to higher waists! I think the problem is that I forget that I cannot wear all of the same tops which I wore which low waisted pants. :unsure:

Straight legged pants should leave and never come back. I just don't think they're flattering on anyone. :yuk:

P.S. ~*BabyPhat Princess*~ the bags in your signature are pimp! :flower:

straight leg pants make my legs look even shorter and quite plumpy.... maybe i'm not trying on the right ones :/

I like straight leg jeans. What I hate are tapered jeans. They are awful to the hips and thighs, and even someone like Mischa Barton looks bad in them.

Originally posted by stellableue@Jan 18 2004, 02:12 AM
Love the straight leg...but with some modifications like cuffed bottoms! AG makes fabulous jeans that are low rise & straight. Super flattering on everyone!!!
[snapback]142042[/snapback]​

what is AG? i really like those jeans in the attached image. very nice.

i hope they're gone..i dun mind straight leg that much as far as it's not tapared :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->