Straightening / Flat Irons

satine112 said:
In your opinion, which flat iron out there is the best and less damaging?

Also, are the T3 ones worth the hype? There are 3 different ones, original, dome and wet/dry. Which is best?

Thanks.

Merged with existing "flat irons" thread. satine112 please use the search function prior to posting.

t 3 is definitely worth all the hype. the wet to dry used to snag, but i think that was only the first couple batches in production (my friend has a newer one and it works perfectly.) the type of iron depends on what you want to use it for. the domed is a lot skinnier. you can curl with both the original and domed. it's harder to do with the wet to dry..

Shoud I get the Hai 2 or GHD flat iron? Which one?

I've been reading Folica and trying to decide which flat iron to get. I am narrowing it down to either this one

http://www.folica.com/HAI_2_Ceramic_F_r2_2.html

or this one

http://www.folica.com/GHD_Hair_Straig_r1936_1.html

I don't know which one to get. First I chose the Hai2 over the Hai convertible because it's meant for longer hair which I have. Plus a stylist used it on me and I LOVED it.

I read though that the GHD has more of a stylist following and lots of celebs including Victoria Beckham and Jennifer Aniston use it... I'm not sure if this is true or not, but that is their claim anyways. I havent ever used the GHD though so I don't know... but the reviews on Folica have been good.

Now I'm just going back and forth and have no idea what to get :innocent:

if anyone is wondering about the solia still i recently got it and i like it a lot, its better than my old hai and my chi plus i got it on sale at folica.com for $88 with free shipping so it was a really good deal

I've been through the Sedu vs. Solia dilemma myself just a couple months ago. I ended up with the Solia whereas my friend got the Sedu. IMO, the solia works just as well...but i don't have curly hair..so i don't know if that helps.

The price difference is quite a bit..so if you're a bit tight..i suggest the solia as i've been using it and there are no problems at all. I traded with my friend for awhile...and i still like my solia more cos it's lighter and it doesn't get as hot.

My friend really likes her sedu though..but knowing her..i know even if both irons worked just as well, she would stand on her sedu side because she usually doens' get expensive things..but she really shelled out for her sedu. Also...the #1 thing is probably what makes everyone go for the sedu..but keep in mind the solia comes a very close second..yet the price difference is a good chunk if you're on a budget but want something of good quality.

I've heard the Chi breaks easily.....and imo the T3 just isn't worth it unless you're used to buying high end, luxury cosmetics/skincare/haircare on a regular basis.

Hope this helps. it might be abetter idea for someone w/ really curly hair to give an opinion though as my hair is pretty straight even w/o a straighter

pierrot_le_fou said:
i've seen the infomercial and i really want to get it.
but i read reviews and customers have complained about it.
does anyone here own this product?
or better yet, any suggestions about where to get an awesome hair straightener?
thanks in advance.

if you've never used a ceramic straightner before...then it might seem good. I borrowed my friends for the summer (since she was out of the country) and before that, i used a conair iron which really sucked and burnt my hair:angry:

BUT...i really suggest you not getting it because if you do some research online..the reviews for it are not good.

Also, havine used it myself, i noticed that the ceramic coating was starting to come off the plates...that cannot be a good sign.

That's just my opnion so i would recommend you gettig something else. Google flat iron reviews for some ideas. i'm using solia..but i think it depends on your budget, hair type etc. so i won't give you any suggestions..but hope this helps:flower:

Keep in mind infomercials always makje the product seem like it's much better than it really is. I understand because i'm a sucker for informercials myself like Cindy Crawford's meaningful beauty, Windsor Pilates, Youthful essence, Magic Bullet etc:lol:

^ hahah I'm a sucker for infomercials too- the Cindy Crawford and Windsor Pilates especially! (though I've never gotten them..only want to!)

I really want the Solia....hopefully I can get it soon, thanks for all the reviews on here you guys! I was debating Solia vs Sedu, and since the Solia is cheaper I will most likely get that.

I ended up getting a ghd from folica.com . I guess I liked it cause it's from Britain and I love Europe, lame reason I know. Plus I read that Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and the Atomic Kittens use it... It better be good, it was $195 It better be better than the Vidal Sasson one I have right now.

Hey guys :] i need some help. You see, I'm thinking of getting a more professional flat iron after years of enduring my cheap revlon ones. Anyways, at first I was considering the Chi, but i heard they break down easily<is that true?>, so now after looking at folica.com I'm thinking of getting either a Hai, Sedu, or Solia. However, I just want one that makes my hair look straight, and not the "fake straight" many of you might be familiar with, healthy looking, works well, and lasts long. So my question is, which one should I get?

-by the way i have somewhat wavy and little dry hair.

thanks !

Help!!

Hi there, I was wondering if the fabulous hair experts around here could help me out- I don't know who else to turn to! You guys seem knowledgeable in this area so it's worth a try :D Does anyone know how good "wet 2 straight'" flat irons are? I don't know about the rest of the world but here the brand Remington does irons that promise to straighten wet hair. I'm considering them because my hair is absolutely FRIED due to frequent over colouring/ blow drying/ straightening/ curling and I was thinking if I could just straighten my hair from wet I wouldn't have to blow dry anymore. Any thoughts? Or should I just invest in a good hairdryer and risk the damage?
Thanks guys :heart:

I have afro-curly hair and I use Babyliss and GHD. They're both great and I would suggest to anyone with any hair type to use REDKEN's Smooth Down Heat Glide. This protects, it's light and smells wonderfull. I get a 30 min reconstructive treatment about once a week, usually Rene Furturer or 5 in 1 Recontructor by AFFIRM(AVLON), and I condition! condition! condition! every time I shampoo, with Kerastase. Curly hair is usually drier. Also a tip: Sleep on satin or wear a satin head scarf, your hair won't split from rubbing on cotton all night. You'll see a difference. Hope this helps.

Will using the GHD make my hair look as though its been styled straight at a salon? I'm really after that sleek look THAT STAYS SLEEK!

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Will using the GHD make my hair look as though its been styled straight at a salon? I'm really after that sleek look THAT STAYS SLEEK!

Even better!! I have the GHD and it's fantastic! I totally 100% recommend it! Trust me, SO worth it!!!

Business of Art said:
Hey guys :] i need some help. You see, I'm thinking of getting a more professional flat iron after years of enduring my cheap revlon ones. Anyways, at first I was considering the Chi, but i heard they break down easily<is that true?>, so now after looking at folica.com I'm thinking of getting either a Hai, Sedu, or Solia. However, I just want one that makes my hair look straight, and not the "fake straight" many of you might be familiar with, healthy looking, works well, and lasts long. So my question is, which one should I get?

-by the way i have somewhat wavy and little dry hair.

thanks !

Definately the GHD, i have it for over a year. Oh my, i sound like a commercial. Anyway after i bought it, 5 friends of mine bought it as well (and that says something:wink: ).

I have to get GHDs...my hair is rubbish and my current irons are CRAP.

I agree - GHDs are definitely the best! I've had them used on me in salons, and they just glide through the hair, not like other kinds (like my el cheapo Remington Slimline Ceramic) which can pull and catch the hair.

I just ordered some GHDs from ry.com.au 20% off.

I have GHDs. But straight straight hair is a bit sh*t these days.

Just wondering, when you guys straighten your hair with a flat iron, do you let it naturally dry first and then take a flat iron to it, or do you blow-dry your hair straighte first and then use a flat iron? Is there any difference really?

I have a GHD straightener...best purchase ever :D

It works as a curler pretty well too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->