Straightening / Flat Irons

no advice on hairdryers I'm afraid but GhD ceramic straighteners are excellent. you can get your hair pin straight or you can use them to create ringlets / curls /waves...and your hair stays like that until next time you wash....even after sleeping on it. I paid about £100 a few years ago...don't know how much they cost now, but they are well worth it!

^^^

ok, I've only just discovered how to do it so am still learning. I have really long hair so I can only get the bottom half of it to curl....I suppose if you have shorter hair it would work better. What I do is take a section of hair about an inch wide and pull the straighteners through to about half way, then instead of continuing to pull it down straight at a 90° angle, I kind of point the straighteners upwards (with the hair obviously still between the plates) and then twist them while pulling down...I'm not sure I can describe it any better than that I'm afraid...it takes practice and I'm still not a pro at it but it definitely does work!
do you get what I mean from my poor description??

I have a T3 wet/dry flat iron, I agree it does snag the hair. I used to have a CHI a long time ago until it broke, but it was a really wonderful straightener. I now have a CHI which is just as good IMO. Go with either CHI or sedu :smile:

The Hai flat iron is by far the best, and I have had them all. Its similar to the chi, but IMO BETTER!

When I went into the salon the receptionist recommended the Chi straightener. So I bought a Chi that's black and says "Global Beauty" on the top. Is this the Chi she was talking about, or do you think she meant the turbo?

I used this one and it's realllllly good. Like, I-went-running-in-foggy-Seattle-night-air-and-my-hair-stayed-sleek good. But I just wanted to make sure the one I got is the true Chi straightener...

go with a chi. the black one that says "global beauty" on it that was mentioned above is, well, the one i have which works wonderfully.

flat irons

I went yesterday to purchase a Chi iron. The clerk helping me suggested the Paul Mitchell flat iron. Does anybody have any feedback on this iron? I have also seen that the Sedu is a very popular flat iron. I am confused on what to buy. Thanks for your input.

wow! I use a flat iron too ...i forgot the name though, i just love it! It makes jennifer aniston hair indeed! Very straight and supershiny.

i have a vidal sassoon one that doesn't work at all!! I was looking into a Chi, or a sephora magic ionic one. But now this sedu sounds good! Which do you guys recommend?

^ also looking around folica.com I was looking at the Bion digital one, or a solia? so which one do you guys recommend: sephora magic ionic, Chi, Solia, Sedu, Bion? (or any other suggestions are more than welcome!) I hate how my hair looks/feels static-y and dead with the flat iron I have now, and I def. need a nice new one!

I own a Chi and I love it! I don't straighten often, but when I use the Chi my hair is much fuller (in a good way..aka not dead-looking) than with a regular iron. If not a Chi, then I suggest another ceramic one :smile:

right now I'm in between the sedu and solia...and I really am not sure which one I should get....

TrueCeramicPro Hair Straightener

i've seen the infomercial and i really want to get it.
but i read reviews and customers have complained about it.
does anyone here own this product?
or better yet, any suggestions about where to get an awesome hair straightener?
thanks in advance.

^^ folica.com has lists of the best flat irons, etc... it's a really great site...i'm just not sure whether I should get solia or sedu?

GHD is absolutely the best! My own's from Vidal Sassoon Pro-Elite and it's almost as perfect but a bit cheaper.

I wouldn't be parted from my GHDs. I've had them for about a year and a half now and they're still as good as when I first got them.

ShuggaStiletto said:
right now I'm in between the sedu and solia...and I really am not sure which one I should get....

Same dilemma here. I'm going for the Solia.

^ really? i was leaning towards the sedu...just b/c on the folica.com list it's #1 ...but Solia is much cheaper...so I really just don't know!! i'm very indecisive with things like this!:rolleyes:

healthy flat irons

In your opinion, which flat iron out there is the best and less damaging?

Also, are the T3 ones worth the hype? There are 3 different ones, original, dome and wet/dry. Which is best?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fer1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->