Straightening / Flat Irons

i just ordered one from folica...its on its way :D so ill let you know how it is once i get it...i heard there amazing though

stevialyse said:
i just ordered one from folica...its on its way :D so ill let you know how it is once i get it...i heard there amazing though

Yes please do! I've had my CHI for a while now and am thinking of buying a new iron, so your review would be most helpful ^_^

Well...I recieved my sedu the other day and it really is amazing. I've never had the CHI before but i have had a Sapphire, and the sedu is even better. I used it on the medium setting and i have very curly & frizzy hair and I only need to run it through my hair once. Its very lightweight so it makes straightening even easier. I highly recommend it.

I really want to buy a CHI ceramic straightener. Is there anyone who knows
any website where I can buy the european version of it ? :smile:

Appearently the american version won't work in europe, even with a
converter.

i dont ever straighten my hair .. its pretty straight anyway .. but to just get it slightly "straighter" i use a tinnnny bit of baby oil .. and that does it

I have GHD's, I spent an absolute fortune on them because I sent my bf to get them and the hairdresser conned him into buying the most expensive one's! but they are worth it, they heat up so fast, and work excellent. But saying that, I never use them any more, I just leave my hair with its natural wave, I'm sick of fighting it!

mine is FHI. it's a bit more expensive than the CHI (different brand just similar name) but it works way better. you can put more hair between the plates and it seemed to make mine smoother.

I have a Muster but I'd love a GHD one that curls as well as straightens

A warning about those residing in Europe and Chi irons. I ordered one via internet and the stupid site I ordered it from didn't mention that Chi irons cannot be used in Europe. I was pretty peeved off, spending so much money on the stupid iron and the plug transfer thing. They didn't want to return me the money either, since I opened the package.

Anyway now I'm happy with my GHD.

I have remington wet 2 straight hair straighteners but thinking about getting some ghds, but dont know what brand to get does any1 know the best ghd straighteners thats in the UK?

twilight fairy said:
A warning about those residing in Europe and Chi irons. I ordered one via internet and the stupid site I ordered it from didn't mention that Chi irons cannot be used in Europe. I was pretty peeved off, spending so much money on the stupid iron and the plug transfer thing. They didn't want to return me the money either, since I opened the package.

Anyway now I'm happy with my GHD.

Ok, i don't want to sound silly, cause maybe you've tried that, but i thought i could give it a try, just in case...
You can buy an adaptor for your plug, they are very cheap, like 5euros and it's easy to use. If the problem isn't the plug but also the Volts/Watts you can buy a converter (something like 10euros). Problem solved...:flower:

I use L'oreal Professionnel ceramic SI and it's great! I think SI are the best thing EVER (and i-pod:heart: ). How people live without it?

FashionJunkie said:
Ok, i don't want to sound silly, cause maybe you've tried that, but i thought i could give it a try, just in case...
You can buy an adaptor for your plug, they are very cheap, like 5euros and it's easy to use. If the problem isn't the plug but also the Volts/Watts you can buy a converter (something like 10euros). Problem solved...:flower:

It doesnt sound silly, that's exactly what I'm going to do :smile:

i use ones called 'i create' from morphy richards.They are really good with 2 heat settings,and they heat up within 20 seconds.My hair is really realy thick and wavy but these make my hair so sleek and shiny.

So i want your opinion:

I want to buy a new straightening iron and i'm between this two:

Babyliss porcelain ceramic Iron

GHD professional hair straightener.

My hair are wavy, so it's very very easy to make them straight.

on another forum some one wrote this
"I've heard the US equivelant for GHD is the CHI."

is this true?

Flat Iron that Curls

I was walking through the mall yesterday on a mission to find the best flat iron (I've heard the Sedu is the best thanks to folica.com and I know you can only buy it online) but I also wanted to check out the T3. (A hairstylist at a salon I popped into said the T3 snags your hair.. hmm..)

Well, I was really focused on my mission when this girl like, pounced on me and started yapping away about this new flat iron from Europe. You know Sales ladies. Yikes! But she did this cool thing--she curled my hair with the straightener. I think that's so cool... that way you can straighten and then curl so it's nice and soft. I didn't buy hers because I'd never heard of it, but I was wondering if there's a good flat iron out there that curls also?

If not... what's the best curler brand or curling iron?

BTW, I bought the CHI straightener, but it's black and says Global Beauty Works on the top... is this not the good CHI, which is red, right? Arugh. I'm thinking about returning it, ordering the Sedu, and just buying hot rollers.

Any answers would be helpful.. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->