Sweet Valley High

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by Belowen, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Diablo Cody is bring Sweet Valley High back in the form of a new movie... I am so excited, but at the same time nervous that it might be a royal screw up :lol: I grew up reading the books and watching the TV shows... I was obsessed! I used to pore over the book covers and study every little detail!

Is/was anyone else a fan?

2. olga.

olga. New Member

i read the books many years ago.. i was 8 years old or something and there was nothing particularly interesting to read in Poland (after the long period of Communism mainstream culture was to be discovered) and i found it in some library... loved them to death!

3. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Holy crap, this is going to be a movie? :huh: Well, damn.

Back in the day, I would have thought that a movie idea like this wouldn't be anything like the Bratz doll movie: all fake. But now, I imagine it's going to be a washed-up Cali teen movie.

4. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

I loved the show and the books. "Look right down any crowded hall. Is there a beauty standing?"

5. roisin

roisin New Member

I absolutely loved Sweet Valley High when I was younger! I wanted to be Jessica Wakefield, but I was definitely more of an Elizabeth :rolleyes:

I think Diablo Cody is cool, not exactly the type of comedy I would associate with SVH, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

6. Hipkitten

Hipkitten Diamond

I was a huge fan of SVH! I even had the board game :p

Too bad I'm not a Diablo Cody fan. Even still, I am intrigued to see how this translates to film.

7. CharmingNicky

CharmingNicky New Member

OMG! I was such a big fan, I still have the books (20 or so)! I cant really remember anything from the TV series apart from the fact that I watched it. A movie? Hmm I wonder how that's gonna turn out, hoping for the best!

8. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I wonder who they will get to play the twins? No doubt they will not fit my perfect image of the Wakefields and I will hate it :rofl: I didn't like the Daniel sisters because they looked nothing like the original twins!

9. Echoes

Echoes Confused & Bewildered

I hope they don't screw it up. Sweet Valley, Sweet Valley Hiiiiigggghhhhh..

10. Empress Merel

Empress Merel Active Member

I remember watching the show. I loved the episode where Jessica and Elizabeth went back in the time of the cowboys.

11. PinkPrincess113

PinkPrincess113 New Member

Omg! I totally read these books when I was younger and watched the episodes after school with my friends. Remembering the book covers now, they seem so old! I definitely loved Jessica better than Elizabeth.. super excited!! What's next Babysitters Club remakes? Lol!

12. jemina

jemina New Member

I used to watch this show with my grandpa:lol:

13. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Diablo Cody has started writing the script... She said it's going to be very 80's and will stick to the original source material :rofl: :woot: I hope they find a soft top fiat somewhere!

14. Echoes

Echoes Confused & Bewildered

I wish they'd bring the original series back on one of the TV channels here.

15. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I got Season 1 on DVD for Christmas this year :rofl: You can find them on ebay :flower: