Tattoos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Versus_1

Reaction score
I've never liked the idea of tattoos before, but i'm beginning to reconsider getting one that's not obvious and really small.

i think i've always hated tattoos because the first thing that comes to my mind are those huge green tribal like tattoos that old men always have.

i don't have pics, but after seeing model Susan Eldridge's tattoo,( she has a really cute tiny clothes hanger on the back of her neck close to her hairline), and Kate Moss's star on her ankle, i'm starting to like them and want to get a tiny one of my own. Good idea or not???

does anyone have any experiences or even regrets.
....or what about pics of your own or the ones mentioned?

I have one tattoo on my lower back (i'll post pic later).

It took me 5 years to get it because I didn't want to regret it. It's been about a year and a half now and I still don't regret it.

I guess the reason why I haven't regretted it is because I put a lot of thought into it and it symbolizes a lot for me.

I suggest not to rush into it. Think about what you want to get and if you'd still like it in say 10 years from now. I also suggest to pick a good place to get it at. Make sure they sterilize the needle and the area well before applying the ink.

Good luck!

i have two tattoos... one is of a moon and star on my lower left back (got it for my 18th birthday).. the other is a sun on the lower right back.. they're across from each other right above my ***... sometimes I forget I have them.. but I still love them and I dont think I will ever regret them. :heart:

Mine's also on my lower back... right in the centre above my bum crack. It's sort of an abstract design, 3 stars superimposed upon one another to create a flower. Kind of hard to explain. It took me 4 years to get a tattoo although I've wanted one since I turned 18. I'm glad I waited too... I wanted something custom designed and it took me a while to figure out exactly what I wanted. Some of my friends got one as soon as they were legally able to get one. They all piled into a car during lunch period and went to the first tattoo parlour they saw once they got downtown. I don't think they even knew what they were going to get and just picked some random flash design off the wall. A couple of my other friends got matching friendship tattoos (at least these were custom made but were an ugly design that my friend drew in class). I don't think they even talk to each other anymore.

I don't like them all. Sorry, just my opinion. They can be okay on guys, depending on the size, location, and design, but I just don't like how they work on girls.

one day my mother asked me...why don't you have a tattoo... :o

if i had gotten a tattoo...i'm quite sure she would have been hysterical...so i found it hilarious that she was now asking me this question...

i'm not particularly fond of them and have never thought of anything that i would want to have for the rest of my life...so i have none... :flower:

I don't know where I want one to be on my body, so I don't have any :P

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jun 11th, 2004 - 1:34 am
I don't know where I want one to be on my body, so I don't have any :P
that's the other thing...

I think they can look cool and I sometimes enjoy them on other people. Last week in Buffalo Exchange (clothing exchange store) one of the women working there had some words tattoed on her upper arm in spidery, antique-looking handwriting. I couldn't read it but graphically, it was outstanding.

I also see a lot of boring, typical or poorly done tattoos.

I am not tempted to get one myself. There is no thing that I don't get tired of eventually. :neutral:

I have heaven written in japanese between my shoulderblades, on my spine. I got it when I was sixteen, so eight years ago. I don't regret it the slightest.

i hate tattoos :sick: sorry if i offend anyone, but they are trashy to me, the other day at the beach i saw a young girl with a tattoo of a forest wrapped around her leg, it was gross

Hmm. I have a pretty large one that covers up a substantial chunk of real estate. It's custom work that took a really long time to complete. I don't ever show it off except when the artist who did it asks me to. It was a decision I undertook fairly lightly, but not one that I regret or anticipate regretting. It's very high quality, timeless work, so it's not something that will look dated in fifteen years. I tend to think that if you're going to get something, don't get anything off the walls; go big and go custom.

i like them depending on what it is. i think the stupidest ones are initials, whether their own or their boy/girlfriend's :yuk: i don't like hearts or ones that i can't understand either.

I personally like tattoos...I have been thinking of getting one for about 3 years now...I just never thought my brothers, my dad or my mom would approve..now I realized its my choice really and also my mom just got a tattoo...which shocked me and now that just makes it fine for me to get one..if I got her approval I dont give a damn about anyone else.

I have been thinking of this certain celtic knot but that are vines with flowers comming out and in the middle is this symbol thats a moon,sun and star that represent how me and my 2 best friends have a very close relationship that if one disappeared it would be like the moon or star or sun disappeared. Also those are our symbols...I'm the moon, janet is the sun, and ashton the star...Also the celtic knots of the vine aren't just a whatever design..it actually tells a story. :wink:

My tattoo is already drawn out by a artist I know and also I know where I would get it as well and who...I am just waiting for when I will ever get the courage to plaster that thing onto my lower back.....

enrichi, how were u able to get one at 16?...

Originally posted by Episternum@Jun 11th, 2004 - 5:16 pm
I tend to think that if you're going to get something, don't get anything off the walls; go big and go custom.
I agree, except mine isn't big. Well some people consider it big but by most tattoo artist's standards its small-medium. Tattoos are a lot like fashion in a way... it's an entire subculture in itself and I'm glad I got to learn a bit about it while I was researching before getting mine done.

Originally posted by tangerine@Jun 11th, 2004 - 4:46 pm
I am not tempted to get one myself. There is no thing that I don't get tired of eventually. :neutral:
I think tatoos can look good on some people, mostly when they're not blatant... I like the ones that are more discreet (lower back's always a good place, so is the ankle).

But like tangerine, I wouldn't get one, because I'm afraid that I won't want it anymore one day. But if I somehow did decide to get one someday (which is quite unlikely), I would want one of peonies on the left side of my lower back. :wink:

That's funny! I have three peonies worked into mine! They look good, too.

i have a tattoo. I love it. I designed it when I was 18, and I had been wanting it for five years probably... it has a whole story and significance to me.

it really annoys me when people go.. OOH! I WANT THAT ONE! and then ask me which parlor they can go to, to get the exact same tattoo. i always glare at them and tell them i designed it and i got it done 5000 miles away.

the smile and pull my shirt down and my pants up and walk away... because if i stay they usually look harder and it pisses me off.

I've been wanting to get one since I turned 18 on my foot or ankle but am way too scared it's going to really hurt. What's the pain factor like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->