Terry Richardson - Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SCBlondie@Oct 17 2004, 03:31 PM
That was one of my SAT words!

Sorry. :ninja:
[snapback]399882[/snapback]​

:lol: I remember once studying for that and thinking, when I'll ever see this word again ~

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Oct 17 2004, 02:28 PM
I thought the interview came off as pretty genuine and honest. I am impressed by alot of Terry's work, especially his earlier stuff where he uses available light or minimal lighting. Sometimes, I feel like it is relying too much on shock-appeal, but I think there is a lot more to it than that much of the time. I'll have to take a look at the exhibit before I say anymore

And model mom, I am sure that Terry is smart enough to stay away from the under eighteen set. His public/private life is pretty well documented, so I doubt many agencies would send under-age girls to shoot with him. :flower:
[snapback]399818[/snapback]​

I don't know. Did you see the latest issue of Purple? There is a whole spread of him running around woods stark naked with his penis taking up half a page, chasing some models. I'm sorry, but I don't see the art in it...

I generally like his work. But I was just surprised to read that he doesn't like p*rn.

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Oct 17 2004, 02:28 PM
I'll have to take a look at the exhibit before I say anymore
[snapback]399818[/snapback]​

imo...the exhibit is :sick: :yuk:

and so is he... :ninja:

sasha...i hate to say this...but was your top on or off at the time?...and did it ever come off at any time...and if so...how did he persuade you...and isn't he just ... :yuk: :ninja:

Originally posted by faust@Oct 18 2004, 01:35 PM
I don't know. Did you see the latest issue of Purple? There is a whole spread of him running around woods stark naked with his penis taking up half a page, chasing some models. I'm sorry, but I don't see the art in it...
[snapback]400787[/snapback]​

I agree with you faust. I think its all just a huge ruse so he can shag whatever model is stupid enough to think its going to advance her career. He gives me the creeps. why does his 'art' always include him? :evil:

I don't like his work but I can see why he's bound to be an exhibitionist. He went through a lot and that's his own twisted way of facing his demons. For normal people the obvious choice would be psychotherapy.

i wonder how it feels to know that the only reason you're remotely relevant is because you have celebrity friends and fashion hype surrounding you. i love what he has contributed to fashion: the ads he shot are some of my favorites (erin wasson/jr gallison in gucci fall 01; jamie bell/maggie gylenhaal in miu miu fall 04) but this other more graphic stuff is nothing more than the product of bored wannabe-art-people with too much time and money.

Originally posted by Polina_sexy@Oct 18 2004, 03:18 PM
He rules :smile:
[snapback]400971[/snapback]​

would you model for him?

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 18 2004, 03:26 PM
i wonder how it feels to know that the only reason you're remotely relevant is because you have celebrity friends and fashion hype surrounding you. i love what he has contributed to fashion: the ads he shot are some of my favorites (erin wasson/jr gallison in gucci fall 01; jamie bell/maggie gylenhaal in miu miu fall 04) but this other more graphic stuff is nothing more than the product of bored wannabe-art-people with too much time and money.
[snapback]400975[/snapback]​

i wonder how it feels to know that the only reason you're remotely relevant is because you can get into a garbage bin and suck c***.

i saw him in the grocery store the other day...i couldn't get out of there fast enough...he just gives me the creeps...eewwww....

idon't even want to be in the same building with him...

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 18 2004, 01:07 PM
imo...the exhibit is :sick: :yuk:

and so is he... :ninja:

sasha...i hate to say this...but was your top on or off at the time?...and did it ever come off at any time...and if so...how did he persuade you...and isn't he just ... :yuk: :ninja:
[snapback]400825[/snapback]​

my top was very much on. :lol: he's really a nice guy, seriously. and quite funny too.

The exhibit blows. Sorry.

Some of his work is "good" - ie technically good and interesting even... He's pushes the envelope playfully for many of his Sisley campaigns but for the most part he is like the book the Jungle... Aiming for lord knows what but hitting in the stomach.

I won't drone on forever, basically I refuse to buy the fact that because it's Terry it's good, amusing, funny or okay. I think he is overrated.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featur...1329062,00.html

Wondeful quote from the article:

'We suddenly have a few prominent photographers who are dealing with their sexual neuroses, and for some reason we're all expected to watch. Even stranger is that many of us do just that.'

Why is it that we blindly advocate this 'cult of ego' that artists subscribe to these days and indulge them by calling their personal hang-ups 'art'?

Originally posted by faust@Oct 20 2004, 02:14 PM
Prince, someone posted this already
[snapback]402757[/snapback]​

Oh, dear. I'm sorry. Sorry, o great moderators.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 20 2004, 02:18 PM
Oh, dear. I'm sorry. Sorry, o great moderators.
[snapback]402765[/snapback]​

I'm looking forward to your comments in the original thread though :lol:

After accidentally missing this thread I will re-iterate what I said in t'other...

"We suddenly have a few prominent photographers who are dealing with their sexual neuroses, and for some reason we're all expected to watch. Even stranger is that many of us do just that."

Why is it that we blindly advocate this 'cult of ego' that artists subscribe to these days and indulge them by calling their personal hang-ups 'art'?

The guy strikes me as very much an artist in the British vein, we're a right bunch of egotists, however, he has none of the self-serving mystique and cyclical-argument...he basically admits everything and that may be something that strengthens his position because when you no longer deny your flaws you go all po-mo and unassailable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->