The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on buying your pistols!!! Good for you! I'd love to know how you like them... I still wear mine pretty often and haven't regret buying them. Sometimes they feel a bit heavy though - in the literal sense of the word. Sounds strange but some days I feel like wearing a less heavy shoe. That Y clutch is so pretty so if you can save up for it, that would be awesome!

I actually ordered my bikini... Hmmm, I made my February purchase on Feb 1st already, I wonder if that is a bad sign :lol::blush: I hope it arrives these days and I'll post a pic if I'll keep it.

(It's actually -10 degrees Celsius outside... I think that made me order a bikini, hoping this will make summer come sooner...)

Will do! I'm wearing for the first time tomorrow, where I'm going to the Copenhagen Fashion Week. Think I'll love them! The go so well with everything.

I'm definetely getting the y-mail clutch. Been craving it for a couple of years now, and since my black clutch needs replacing and I should have the money in a couple of months, I think it will be a good investment.

Looking forward to see what bikini you ordered. Maybe I can be inspired.

Congrats on the pistols!! :D

RedAndNavy: I would like to! I have other non clothing items I would like to buy and save up for, so to stop there is probably what is best for me. Now if I will be able to is another story. :lol: I might have to fold and do the 1 piece a month strategy some of you guys are doing.

^ There's not a whole lot of difference between 10 items + non-key items and one item per month/count everything :wink:

^ yes that is very true, you've got me there. :lol:

The one item a month might work better for me I think. It feels like you're getting more because it's spaced out and there is always a purchase to look forward to, even though in the end it adds up to a very similar amount either way.

^ yes that is very true, you've got me there. :lol:

The one item a month might work better for me I think. It feels like you're getting more because it's spaced out and there is always a purchase to look forward to, even though in the end it adds up to a very similar amount either way.

Thx for the congrats :D

Actually, for me it will probably mean buying less items, since I haven't been to good at keeping the 5 item limit. Think the limit gave me some kind of pressure. Maybe 10 items is better for me.

I haven't fully decided yet what counts as an item. I don't consider belts, jewelry and scarves and item. I rarely buy them anyway, and when I do, I thrift. I just haven't decided wether to count basics or not, and what is basics? For me, I think, it is items that is used a lot and therefore needs to be replaced once in a while. Like underwear, tights and basic tees. A little black dress, jeans, a good bag AND the pistols (:wink:) is also basics for me, but they will not need replacement in the same way that the real basic stuff does. I have to buy a new striped shirt. I bought one as a replacement for the one I've had for 3 ½ years, and still wear, because I have not had any luck finding one as perfect as this, but the replacement was too big.. I'm considering wether the stripe tee should go as basics or one of my 10 pieces. I probably use it just as much as a white tanktop or even more, but still.

Bikini arrived here! I've just been showing it to my hubby and it passed the test... :P It's just as flattering as I imagined it to be. I think I will feel confident enough when wearing that one. So my February shopping is done! ^_^

Here is the good piece:

(pic by net-a-porter.com, Bikini by Melissa Odabash)

Attachments

• melissa.jpg
    melissa.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
My list for spring/summer:
- 1 pair of nude flats.
- A brown leather satchel for school. Thinking about waiting for this until fall but we'll see. If I find one that I love and that aren't crazy expensive I will buy it now.
- A small colourful sholderbag, with silver hardware.
- 2 blouses, one in a nude colour and a more colourful one.
- A pair of shorts in a bright coral colour.
- 2 pieces of silver jewelry, just small simple ones. I'm looking for a small silver cuff, but haven't found any that I love yet.

I'm trying so hard to get more colour in my wardrobe, it's full of navy, black and beige so hopefully this will help a little bit :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So. I've decided to make each season a fashion season as well. So my ultimate goal ATM should be 10 items from January untill end of June and from July untill the end of December. Looking at all the items i bought since I started doing the 5PFW it should be impossible, but it is a lot more realistic than 10 items pr. year, for me at least.

I've already bought 4 (!) items, which I think is a lot since we've only just entered February, but I'm hopeful. The next couple of months are going to be expensive (bills, bills, bills and travels to see my family), so there will not be a lot of money for shopping anyway. Just have to try avoiding thrift stores, since I can not control myself :wink:

My musthaves ATM are:

1. A white silkshirt with short sleeves and a Peter Pan collar.
2. A nude or black silk shirt with long sleevrs. I found a great cream one (see pic below) on sale with 70% of, and it goes with everything, which a similar nude one wouldn't do, so I'm happy and consider this slightly "done". I would like to have one more blouse, but preferable with short sleeves and maybe not in silk, if I go for the white one listed as no. 3. Black pistols. DONE.
4. Grey Jeans. I have to find time and patience to go try on lots of pairs. ATM it seems very impossible though, since I can not find a pair that looks right. I prefer grey ones since they are more dressy than bluse jeans, but go better with light and bright colours, than black jeans. Just can't seem to find some that is right.
5. Statement dress. Actually I decided that I didn't need this anyway since I discovered that I have a wonderful printed silk dress that is perfect, but then I found a 6 dollar cotton dress on sale, and ended up buying it. It is not a long lasting piece for me since it is not classic at all, but I think there should be room for fun as well. I will see if I get to wearing it or else I will give it to a thrift store.
6. Black clutch. Preferable Yves Saint Laurent "Mail". My favourite clutch which has been my mother's is falling apart and needs replacing. I've been dreaming of the y-mail for a looong time, and I think I will buy it as soon as I got the funds. I think it will go with everything and still add something nice, since it has the detailing.
7. White summer dress. DONE! I'm looking so much forward to wearing it.
8. Big black hand/shoulder bag. Having a hard time deciding what to get and since there is a bunch of other things I need more ATM I think I'll wait and see if I find the perfect one.
9. Statement jacket (bouclé). I have seen one from Zara that is great, but it is from an old collection, so I'll see if I can find it on e-bay.
10. Maxidress. I love maxidresses in the summer, and I would like to own one again, but only if I find one that is absolutely perfect. Bought one last year that I loved, but the fit was off. Would like one in a gorgeous print.
11. A striped blouse. The one I bought in December was too big. Have found the perfect one, just need to get the money for it :wink:

I think my next move will be the striped blouse and the jeans, and then I'll take it from there.

DSC_0004-3.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

Hi everyone!

Betinapple: How are your pistols doing? I was wearing mine a lot in the freezy weather lately and they did surprisingly well. I actually wasn't cold when wearing them, which means something with the minus 15 degrees we are having.

Me: Still having tons of ideas what I could need for my wardrobe, still trying to control myself... :blush: I just put on my bikini before going to bed so I can tell myself that I have all a girl needs :lol:

Hi everyone!

Betinapple: How are your pistols doing? I was wearing mine a lot in the freezy weather lately and they did surprisingly well. I actually wasn't cold when wearing them, which means something with the minus 15 degrees we are having.

Me: Still having tons of ideas what I could need for my wardrobe, still trying to control myself... :blush: I just put on my bikini before going to bed so I can tell myself that I have all a girl needs :lol:

I'm really happy about them! I do not find them warm, however, but these days the only thing keeping my toes from falling off are my big snowboots. It's soooo cold. They are certainly better for keeping the feet warm, than any of my other nice looking shoes. I could add a knitted sock since theres space for it, but I'm afraid it will expand the leather.

Decided to return/sell the cheap statement dress I bought last week. Just doesn't feel right. So I'm back to 3 items bought so far.

I love your last paragraph - made me laugh :wink: Have any idea on what is going to be your March buy? I'm thinking neither jeans or a striped tee next time I've got money.

Hello all,

I am so happy, as i am now doing bikram yoga almost everyday, i feel my body toned down and i can wear my old clothes again! Also bikram has greatly diminished my shopping appetite!!!

So pls allow me to jump back to the quality-over-quantity wagon and try to attain max 10 items until june ends.

1. I want a ruby ring « not sure if i will buy it this year as it's'not priority, but it's'been on my wishlist for ages. And i dont have ring with yellow gold anyway, so ruby + yellow gold sounds nice
2. Watch « bicolore chain « another item that has been on my wishlist for ages
3. White blouse « i dont have any!!!
4. Coloured blouse
5. Nude wedge « has ordered from my favourite shoe designer (local)
6. Navy strappy shoes « for work :-)

*cant think about anything else atm*

Apart from that, i need to stock on socks and yoga top (i consider this as basic since i use it everyday)
Posted via Mobile Device

@Floodette: welcome back!

Went to check out a stam bag today. Was not impressed at all. Good for my economy, sad since I was really counting on it to be THE bag. However, even though I coould fit my belongings in it the kiss-lock opened all the time. So no bag for me ATM.

I actually saw a bag recently that I'd really really love to have. It's more of a small bag for evenings and such though. I don't really own one for such occasions but I'll have to think whether I want to spend on something I don't need 100% even if I think it's one of a kind. Well, I have to hold myself back for the moment anyway, so maybe time will solve the problem by selling the bag out before I can put my hands on it. :shock: I really have learnt during the last year that "out of stock" isn't the same thing as "the end of the world". :blush:

Floodette: That sounds great with the bikram yoga! I totally think these kind of things can lessen shopping appetite!

I actually saw a bag recently that I'd really really love to have. It's more of a small bag for evenings and such though. I don't really own one for such occasions but I'll have to think whether I want to spend on something I don't need 100% even if I think it's one of a kind. Well, I have to hold myself back for the moment anyway, so maybe time will solve the problem by selling the bag out before I can put my hands on it. :shock: I really have learnt during the last year that "out of stock" isn't the same thing as "the end of the world". :blush:

Floodette: That sounds great with the bikram yoga! I totally think these kind of things can lessen shopping appetite!

That sounds very exciting! I want to seee! Maybe in a private message - promise I wont buy it :wink: I really know how you're feeling though. I think I would get more use out of a big bag, but since I can't find one I want I should might as well wait, since I don't need it NOW.

adin.be

floodette, my aunt recently gave me a ruby necklace that is something I never would have bought for myself, but I've really been enjoying wearing it. Sometimes something completely different is nice for a change ...

I've gotten some things from Adin before, and so has a friend ... she was very pleased. Here's one of their ruby rings (Victorian) ...

RedandNavy, I have never spent more than $100 on an evening bag (unless you count the one I carry as a wallet, and then I have :wink:) I haven't yet been able to justify the expenditure, given that often I carry my regular bags in the evening. I did see quite a lovely one from Nina Ricci ...

Attachments

• Adin ruby ring.jpg
    Adin ruby ring.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 273
Thanks for the warm welcome, redandnavy, betinnapple and ta-ta.

Ta-ta, the ring is very nice! Thank you also for the adin recommendation.

Redandnavy: what color of the evening bag that you eyed on? I found that i need two, one for silver jewellery and one for gold.

*it seems that i am obsessed with having silver and gold color for everything hahaha*
Posted via Mobile Device

I got myself a sweet bargain yesterday. I wanted this cardigan for months, but I felt it wasn't worth the price (US$ 157), even though it's pretty much my style and in a colour I've been longing to introduce to my yearly wardrobe. Long story short, I got a 78% discount on it (50% from a season sale plus a discount from a loyalty programme) and it ended up costing me only US$ 35. If I'm not mistaken, this is my first wardrobe purchase this year.

(Image credit: Folic.com.br)

Attachments

• casaco_heart_Folic.jpg
    casaco_heart_Folic.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2
Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal To The Metal Natasha Bag in Black
Black Cashmere V-Neck or Scoop Neck Sweater
Black Ballet Flats (purchased)
Black Wedge Boots (or round toe wedge heels)
Joie Louvre Silk Blouse in Navy
a black or red pea coat
& another pair of dark denim skinny jeans (purchased)

I ordered another pair of my favourite ballet flats today, so I can cross them off of the list... I am also eyeing off this Jason Wu for Target US blouse, but I'm going to have to hunt it down on Ebay when it's not so darn expensive...

countryroad.com.au / target.com

Attachments

• flats.png
    flats.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 225
  • target.png
    target.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 3
I ordered another pair of my favourite ballet flats today, so I can cross them off of the list... I am also eyeing off this Jason Wu for Target US blouse, but I'm going to have to hunt it down on Ebay when it's not so darn expensive...

countryroad.com.au / target.com

The ballet flats look really good and lovely.

Also love the blouse! Very stunning and perfect colour.

Belowen, i have the same idea. waiting around a few months for the ebay hype for jason wu to die. i have my eye on the blue wheel dress that alexa chung wore in vogue. it was an online only item (same with the blue blouse you wanted i think)

i love the ballet flats as well. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->