The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't to my taste, but it's hard to tell with that picture. Once you get them, post a picture of them on with an outfit. They might be pretty cool on. I'm not sure.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal To The Metal Natasha Bag in Black
Black Cashmere V-Neck or Scoop Neck Sweater
Black Ballet Flats
Black Wedge Boots (or round toe wedge heels)
Joie Louvre Silk Blouse in Navy
a black or red pea coat
& another pair of dark denim skinny jeans

I decided to puchase the jeans first because I will get some wear out of them before A/W arrives anyway, plus Forever 21 have a habit of selling out of things that I want really quickly. I re-purchased 2 pairs of the same kind of jeans that I already own from Forever 21, because they fit perfectly and wear well. And at $10.50 per pair I just couldn't resist...

forever21.com

Attachments

• Image3.png
    Image3.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 0
I decided to puchase the jeans first because I will get some wear out of them before A/W arrives anyway, plus Forever 21 have a habit of selling out of things that I want really quickly. I re-purchased 2 pairs of the same kind of jeans that I already own from Forever 21, because they fit perfectly and wear well. And at $10.50 per pair I just couldn't resist...

forever21.com

Great purchase! The great thing about jeans is that even though you buy a cheap pair they will last a looong time. That is my experience, at least.

---

I'm so excited about recieving my dress, hope it'll arrive soon.

Wen't windowshopping yesterday because I had to go try on some shoes. Biiig mistake. Found a really perfect silk shirt marked down to half price. Just don't think I should be buying anymore ATM, since I've already bought an item this month (+ some new underwear, that I needed, and a dress on a gift certificate I had). It would be stupid to let a good quality shirt that would work well in my wardrobe get away, but I do not want to use all my item slots right away. And as always I'm afraid that it's an temporary infatuation even though it is a great classic piece. I hate that I just can't make a decission without having to consider it for ages :ninja:

Hey everyone!

My cherry sandals arrived here :P

They are definitely a risky choice, I don't think I own another pair of shoes so playful. I've tried them on with different outfits and while I admit they don't work with all of them, they look great with simple, "serious" outfits. When paired with classy trousers or jeans and a button-down they actually loose some of their cuteness and become more elegant than cute. I love how they look with such simple stuff but I'm also aware they shouldn't be paired with any other "girly", sexy or young looking stuff.

I'll most definitely keep them and try to have much fun with them! I think it's worth taking the risk and play! And if I don't wear them enough, they would also make a nice decoration on my bedroom wall :P So, yep, my january purchase is a pair of cherry sandals. :flower:

Hey everyone!

My cherry sandals arrived here :P

They are definitely a risky choice, I don't think I own another pair of shoes so playful. I've tried them on with different outfits and while I admit they don't work with all of them, they look great with simple, "serious" outfits. When paired with classy trousers or jeans and a button-down they actually loose some of their cuteness and become more elegant than cute. I love how they look with such simple stuff but I'm also aware they shouldn't be paired with any other "girly", sexy or young looking stuff.

I'll most definitely keep them and try to have much fun with them! I think it's worth taking the risk and play! And if I don't wear them enough, they would also make a nice decoration on my bedroom wall :P So, yep, my january purchase is a pair of cherry sandals. :flower:

Yay about the cherry sandals! Hope that you'll maybe show us some outfits with them.

--

My "january purchase" arrived an hour ago. The dress fits perfectly and I love it! The pleats are crooked though, from the dress being send from England to Denmark, so I'll have to iron it and I'm not quite sure that my skills are that good. A shame to live so fair away from my mother B)

I think I'll try to wash it and straigthen the pleats while it is still wet, unless you have a better suggestion? Is it something that a dry cleaner maybe could fix for a small amount?

tedbaker-1.jpg

pic via johnlewis.com polyvore by me

RedandNavy, thanks you :flower: unfortunately the moccasins are going back, they simply are too big.. So that means I'm looking for a new pair of nude moccasins or perhaps loafers.

Belowen, the jeans look very nice. I rarely wear jeans myself but my favorite ones are cheap ones as well (from Gina Tricot) they have a great fit, and I'm always able to find them in my length which have always been a hassle for me as I'm quite short.

Betinapple: The dress looks lovely! Haha, I can't help you with the ironing part. I hate ironing, to be honest... :yuk::angry:

Tinetush: Oh, that's too bad. I think Tod's has absolutely great loafers in nude, but I'm not sure whether you'd want to spend that much. I own a pair in emerald green and they are super comfy and excellent quality.

Betinapple: The dress looks lovely! Haha, I can't help you with the ironing part. I hate ironing, to be honest... :yuk::angry:

Tinetush: Oh, that's too bad. I think Tod's has absolutely great loafers in nude, but I'm not sure whether you'd want to spend that much. I own a pair in emerald green and they are super comfy and excellent quality.

It sure is! And I feel you. I don't think I've ironed anything since I took sowing classes. I generally make a habit out of not buying clothes that has to be ironed and when I still lived with my mother I always asked her to "help" me iron, knowing that she would do it :innocent: Actually, I don't know where my iron is these days.

My shoes:

I ordered a pair of cherry sandals... :blush: I don't know, I have a soft spot for cherries. I just love cherries. I always fall in love with shirts and tees with cherries on them but I don't buy them cause they feel too childish... :P But I have a lovely silk scarf with cherries. And these shoes... Well, a risky choice. But since I'd never wear a pair of open sandals to work anyway, they are cool for casual outfits. Or what do you guys think, too much cuteness?? :innocent:

They haven't been shipped yet so we will see how I like them when they arrive. Maybe I should have gone for a classic style but hey, sometimes you have to be a bit risky :lol: I guess it's the good mix of classics with fun pieces that makes the look ^_^ So: My January purchase: cherry sandals!

Oh! I loved those Miu Miu cherry sandals the second the arrived at NAP! They are so whimsical and cute! :woot:

Betinapple, i think you should take it to the dry cleaner to be steamed. it might be the cheapest option. or hanging it up in the shower away from the water to be steamed.

i love dresses that have waists like that.

Great purchase! The great thing about jeans is that even though you buy a cheap pair they will last a looong time. That is my experience, at least.

---

I'm so excited about recieving my dress, hope it'll arrive soon.

Wen't windowshopping yesterday because I had to go try on some shoes. Biiig mistake. Found a really perfect silk shirt marked down to half price. Just don't think I should be buying anymore ATM, since I've already bought an item this month (+ some new underwear, that I needed, and a dress on a gift certificate I had). It would be stupid to let a good quality shirt that would work well in my wardrobe get away, but I do not want to use all my item slots right away. And as always I'm afraid that it's an temporary infatuation even though it is a great classic piece. I hate that I just can't make a decission without having to consider it for ages :ninja:

Sounds like a good buy :flower: And glad the cherry sandals worked out, RedandNavy :heart:

@Lucy: I think I'll start by steaming it in the shower. If that doesn't work out I think I'll try washing it, or is that a bad idea? Hate spending money on getting things dry cleaned, and I do not have any dry cleaner i trust.

@Ta-ta: I surely think it will be even though I'm probably not going to wear it a lot the next couple of months since I think it is better for summer.

Pretty dress, Betinapple!

I would think a dry cleaner (at least here in the states) would be the best bet--they're used to cleaning and pressing stuff like that.

Pretty dress, Betinapple!

I would think a dry cleaner (at least here in the states) would be the best bet--they're used to cleaning and pressing stuff like that.

You might be right. Just hate spending money on that kind of stuff. :doh:

RedandNavy, thank you for the tip. I think they are a bit out of my price range though, but I'll keep an eye out in case something pops up ^_^

I find it kind of hard to prioritize at the moment. I have a list of about 14 items that I feel I need (sooner or later) for spring / summer and somehow it's difficult to decide on what should be a top priority.

I feel I should maybe have one major investment piece each season. Last spring / summer it was a trench coat, in autumn / winter it was my jacket. I wonder if I should focus on a Chloé bag this season? The most expensive handbag I own is a MbMJ and it's more of a solution on time though it's doing pretty well. Sooner or later I want a real investment bag but somehow I never wanted to spend all that money. I think I might try to focus on saving up on one and keep the other items relatively low key. Somehow I feel if you buy ONE major investment piece per season you're on the best way to a great wardrobe on the long run.

Still need tops, a bikini, a pair of pumps though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I forgot to ask what I actually wanted to ask... I have seen several pieces of J.Crew that I like. They seem very reasonably priced and I'm thinking about giving a silk blouse a try. However, I once heard not so good things about the quality. Any experiences with J.Crew? Do you think the pieces are made to last?

Oh, I forgot to ask what I actually wanted to ask... I have seen several pieces of J.Crew that I like. They seem very reasonably priced and I'm thinking about giving a silk blouse a try. However, I once heard not so good things about the quality. Any experiences with J.Crew? Do you think the pieces are made to last?

It depends. I've had great luck so far with everything I've bought, but one sweater that pilled very quickly. My mom had a button crack on a cardigan she bought fairly quick as well. For the most part, though, the pieces have held up well. I feel like the quality is on par with the price - it certainly holds up longer than cheaper items. Their customer service, however, is great.

I find it kind of hard to prioritize at the moment. I have a list of about 14 items that I feel I need (sooner or later) for spring / summer and somehow it's difficult to decide on what should be a top priority.

I feel I should maybe have one major investment piece each season. Last spring / summer it was a trench coat, in autumn / winter it was my jacket. I wonder if I should focus on a Chloé bag this season? The most expensive handbag I own is a MbMJ and it's more of a solution on time though it's doing pretty well. Sooner or later I want a real investment bag but somehow I never wanted to spend all that money. I think I might try to focus on saving up on one and keep the other items relatively low key. Somehow I feel if you buy ONE major investment piece per season you're on the best way to a great wardrobe on the long run.

Still need tops, a bikini, a pair of pumps though...

I went for a long time without dropping major $$$$ on a bag ... you'll know it when you see it :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->