The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered another pair of my favourite ballet flats today, so I can cross them off of the list... I am also eyeing off this Jason Wu for Target US blouse, but I'm going to have to hunt it down on Ebay when it's not so darn expensive...

Super-cute blouse! I hope you get one for a great price....:blush:

So it is confirmed that I've been good. I just came back from 10-day trip to London, Aberdeen and HongKong. Usually trips throw me into buying frenzy, but I think I behave quite nicely this time.

I did buy two sets of thermal clothes (hey, am a tropical girl!!) and some tshirts for yoga. I also get replacement for jeans (my old ones are already too big thanks to Bikram, and also the price is way cheaper for exact same models+brands+colors in London).

My frivolous spending (if I can say it) is one mason pearson brush, and a greatly discounted zara dress (hey, 10 gbp compared to 80 usd in my place!!!!) that I just can't resist! And one set of work clothes (blazer + pants) from maje that suits my new size.

I can cross out "watch" from my list for the time being, as I fall madly in love with a watch (it's iconic bangle from burberry btw, will try to find a pic later). It's silver not bicolore, but I love the simple shape so much. Besides I still have my black movado one.

So that's it forr me, no new bag, no new shoes. I think little by little I will be able to really curb my spending. My shopping list may seem a lot to you, but for me with my eenie meenie self control it's actually an achievement :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

0020000000012.jpg

I hope u can see the pic. Image from 3rd st vintage828
Posted via Mobile Device

Between now and next autunm/winter I need:

Good pair of jeans (next to impossible, not looking forward to the search).
Leather sandals.
New trench coat (my old one pulls horribly at the shoulders).
Perfect all-year-round black pants, which will work both formally and casual.
A tiny yet beautiful necklace.

Doesn't sound like much, but it will break the bank no doubt. :smile:

^ I too have noticed how one can spend quite a lot on just 4-5 items :wink:

That's great you found a watch you really love, floodette. A great item to spend $$$ on since you can get so much use from it ...

Thanks a lot, ta-ta. I read somewhere that a watch (if wear it regularly) is an even better investment that shoes or bags bcs it's one thing you will wear the most.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am on the lookout for the perfect soft knit, navy blue, scoop neck, long sleeved sweater. Sigh.

I think my search for a pair of nude leather (not suede) moccasins have ended, well hopefully at least. I'm going to order these Marni ones. Originally I wanted a pair with tassels, but I think I like these just as much. They are simple and clean while still having a bit of a boho-vibe.
I do hope they fit!

scaled.php

[yoox]

Thanks a lot, ta-ta. I read somewhere that a watch (if wear it regularly) is an even better investment that shoes or bags bcs it's one thing you will wear the most.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think that's very true. I still have a watch (wore it today in fact) that was one of the first nice things I bought after I graduated from college. You just have to maintain them, and they should be with you for life. I prefer leather/skin or fabric bands, and getting good replacements is the only challenge (very possible though).

Love the shoes, Tinetush!! Really great. And as a side benefit, they look like they should wear like iron.

Floodette and Tinetush: Congratulations on your buys! They look great. I love the thought of a watch as a major investment... I should think about that, too - but not right now. I don't wear a watch but I think I should start wearing one soon. Checking the time on your mobile is just so..... not elegant.

The moccassins are great! Looks like a shoe you will wear a lot and they are an interesting yet classic style.

Me: I find it extremely hard to focus this season. I've sticked to my rule so far, but somehow I feel like there are TONS of things I want and need and I have difficulties with knowing what to focus on. For example, I see so many cute ballet flats out there and would love to have another pair... But then again, those can't be worn on rainy days and I'd rather need something that serves me in bad weather, too... But what? Then there are things that I need like a cardigan. And I do see several that I'd love but those are all at least 400-500 Euros and that's just a bit too much for me right now.

March, April, May, June... I have about four things left this season now - plus an extra piece in the sales. I have to do some research and thinking to know what I REALLY want before I do any more shopping.

^Thank you both :flower:
ta-ta, yeah I tend to wear the same pair of shoes 6 out of 7 days a week. And seeing as these are nude I have a feeling they will be my go to shoes for spring and summer, when I just want to tone down an outfit. So hopefully, they'll last for a long long time despite the wear ^_^

RedandNavy, I know exactly how you feel. I've seen so many things that I want atm. But I really have to really think about what I need as to what I want. I think it's the weather that confuses me, I want to buy spring pieces but I still feel I need some for winter :doh:
And as I'm sort of trying to save some money for half a year abroad in Canada, I really can't afford to go crazy :ninja: :rofl:

Tinetush: the shoes look great! Comfy, and I can imagine you wearing that with almost all clothes!

Btw is it true that we better not use the same shoes 2 days in a row to prolong their lifespan?

R&N: thanks! I can totally understand what you feel. Maybe this season's style is similar to your style, so you see many things that interest you?
Posted via Mobile Device

So, actually I think I'm doing pretty well, but I've just had a case of "oh my god, there's a million things that I need!". I know that it isn't true, but still I've found a couple of items that would make my wardrobe work even better, which was not part of the plan. It occured to me that a pair of pumps and a pair of ballet flats in a brighter colour would be a nice addition. I'm hoping to wear a lot of non-black outfits for spring and summer, but I do not have a lot of shoes that isn't black. I think I'll go for the flats first, since I'm going to use them the most, and I kind of have an idea what style i want.

Also, even though I always say that I do NOT need more cardigans, I think a pastel coloured one would be nice. I'm thinking light pink, blue or mint. But it is not top priority.

My 4th out of 10 items, a black cape from Weekdays "collection" which is a bunch of items made out of nice materials in a good quality.

400kr6.jpg

I've already worn it with a black l/s tee, draped skirt and ballet flats and it's perfekt. Goes really well with pencilskirts as well. Very Jackie O.

I'm not sure that I'm going to buy anything major in March, since I have a lot of other things to spend my money on (crossing the country 3 weekends, sigh). Really looking forward to April, since there is a lot of things that I would like to get my hands on.

I am on the lookout for the perfect soft knit, navy blue, scoop neck, long sleeved sweater. Sigh.

And guess what I found for $19.95 at the store this afternoon? I bought a couple of sizes up so that it would be a looser fit on me, which is the style that I was wanting. The knit is beautiful and soft and the neckline sits in a really nice place (not too high - I have a large-ish bust so too high necklines are a no no). I'm so glad that I managed to find this in store (not online) and so cheap.

sweaterv.png

I took the Joie blouse off of my list and replaced it with these two blouses from Express.com - nice and cheap and the colours are within my palette so that works for me. I can wear them with skinny jeans or tucked into pencil skirts so they are versatile and will work well within my current wardrobe.

So far I've purchased -

dark denim skinny jeans
black leather ballet flats
2 x blouses
1 x scoop neck sweater

I think next I'll be on the lookout for some wedge lace up boots &/or round toe wedges. I will also need a winter coat but I won't need that until mid-late April at the very least thanks to Australia's seasons and Perth's mild weather.

Attachments

• top1.png
    top1.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 1
  • top2.png
    top2.png
    140 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone!

Congratulations on the beautiful cardigan, Betinapple, and the great sweater, Belowen! Both look like very classic and very usefull investments - well done!

I haven't really found my strategy yet. I have written down what I need again and it seems like I need about eight items at least - and yet I have only four to five spots left. I could move away from my one item strategy and buy two items per month that are maybe a bit cheaper - but I don't think that would be a good idea. Instead I think I'll just choose one of my must-have items per month and that means I can't buy everything that I think I need. I guess that's okay. It helps to remember that I don't have to walk around naked - maybe just less stylish than I'd like to. And there will always be next year.

What I absolutely must buy are a cardigan and at least one pair of shoes. I still feel my shoe wardrobe definitely needs more pieces for summer. I will have to decide between pumps and trainers though since I need both and I don't want to buy only shoes. I think it'll depend on where I'll find the perfect pair.

Does anyone own a pair of Jimmy Choo's? How do they run, especially around the toe area? In general: Does anyone know a brand that makes shoes that are a bit wider around the toe area?? I have a narrow foot in the "middle" but rather large toes, sigh.... So if anyone knows how to accomodate those toes I'd be more than happy!

Hi everyone!

Congratulations on the beautiful cardigan, Betinapple, and the great sweater, Belowen! Both look like very classic and very usefull investments - well done!

I haven't really found my strategy yet. I have written down what I need again and it seems like I need about eight items at least - and yet I have only four to five spots left. I could move away from my one item strategy and buy two items per month that are maybe a bit cheaper - but I don't think that would be a good idea. Instead I think I'll just choose one of my must-have items per month and that means I can't buy everything that I think I need. I guess that's okay. It helps to remember that I don't have to walk around naked - maybe just less stylish than I'd like to. And there will always be next year.

What I absolutely must buy are a cardigan and at least one pair of shoes. I still feel my shoe wardrobe definitely needs more pieces for summer. I will have to decide between pumps and trainers though since I need both and I don't want to buy only shoes. I think it'll depend on where I'll find the perfect pair.

Does anyone own a pair of Jimmy Choo's? How do they run, especially around the toe area? In general: Does anyone know a brand that makes shoes that are a bit wider around the toe area?? I have a narrow foot in the "middle" but rather large toes, sigh.... So if anyone knows how to accomodate those toes I'd be more than happy!

Thx a bunch :flower: It's so classic without being the least bit boring. I think I'm going to love it to pieces.

I think it sounds like you're on your way to finding a strategy. I think it is a good idea knowing what your looking for (e.g. blakc cardigan, pumps, trainers) and choosing what to buy, when you find the perfect kind of what you are looking for. And remembering that you DON'T have to walk around naked is a good point :wink:

Betinapple and Belowen, yay!!!! What a pretty purchases!! The cape is kinda dramatic yet classic. Belowen: am loving the blue top!

I think I figure out what ultimate accessories I need this season (and next) that can totally renew my look.

I want long hair!!!!

I cut my hair to short bob last year, and now I am bored.... Sigh, it will take quite some time before it will be long again, and the in-between is quite difficult to manage (I still can't ponytail my hair for bikram class....)
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh how I've missed this thread!!!!

Want some advice on the post winter-spring wardrobe!
mint and camel colors? yes/ no?

Coming back to this thread for inspiration...
Need to sort out my closet...

I recently finally fulfilled some things on my list which have been there forever:

two evening gowns
perfect black skirt
black flats
lingerie

Now I need to re-sort my closet so I know exactly what I can get repaired, and what I need to buy, if anything.

I definitely need a longish down jacket for sudden cold spells. When I needed one recently it was too cold to go shopping, now that it's warm enough to go shopping, they're no longer in stores! Duh...:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->