The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit that I do not feel the need to hide or defend my purchases to my family, friends or boyfriend. It is my money, I work a lot and I am good at saving my money and rationalizing. I never buy take-away coffee and I always bring my own lunch to school and my job. I do not think I should be ashamed of my purchases - I think I should be proud since it is all about focus :smile:

My boyfriend always knows what my things cost and he thinks it is fine. He aggrees that it is better to spend a little more and be able to have your things for a long time.

@Ta-ta:
I think you are right. I'll keep them on my "over-all" musthavelist and remove them from me seasonal list. A long musthavelist does something to me mentally. It's discouraging to me.

I do not "need" to wear pumps. I am a student in a creative environment and in my sparetime I works at a mens clothing store. I can not wear pumps to work - my feet will die :lol: I have the ballet flats I need for now, I guess. I have a pair of plain black ones, green satin with a big bow on the front, red suede with a bow on the back, baby pink with rhinestones on the front and a similar pair in black which I am going to put glitter on.

I actually have a light silkblouse with a big bow! I am thinking that the black blouse could be with a pussybow or some ofther detailing - maybe lace.

I spend a lot of money on designer bags last year. I bought the YSL mail clutch, a green MJ Stam bag and a black Milli Millu bag so I will keep a low profile in that area. Also I would love a classic school bag so if I am going to get a tan bag I will go for something vintage. Mulberry is a good suggestion though.

I think my problem is that I do not really feel like I need any of the stuff on my list - except the jacket and maybe a Breton sweater (which I forgot). I am considering just going for those two items + a pair of ear rings that I have wanted for a long time and save the remaining money (if any) for winter since I have a lot of stuff that I could use then. I think I am simply confused ATM.

.. oh and of course, heel cap. Thanks :flower:

@Juliette: I think that is a good decission! Having your shoes fixed are great! I had my pistols and a pair of blue ancle boots fixed last month. It cost med about 50$ in total and I got my fave shoes back. Cheap for "new" shoes :wink: I lovingly scold my friends when they do not take care of their shoes :lol:

Sorry for this long post - yet again!

I might think that my "problem" is that I don't really need anything for summer. I got tons of ballet flats, sandals (with and without heels), dresses, tops and skirts. I think the thing I really need is more winter clothes (boots, sweaters, leather jacket).

Juliette, I only have a skirt which is Viscose/Polyamide blend and the material is really nice, the rest I own from COS is of wool, silk and cotton.
Asos is shipping Michael Kors here, so if I will decide which model to get, I will probably wait for a decent discount code and order it there. :flower:

betinapple, can def understand that, as your climate is dominated by winter. mine is the opposite, so i often do more shopping for spring/summer. at times like this i either buy something i really like, or just wait & focus on other things--like furniture!

juliette, you may want to wait for a dress you're 100% happy with ...

@Ta-ta: Funny you're mentioning it. We have almost decorated our entire apartment now. Just purchased a desk, shelves for the living room and one of these days we're ordering a dining table and chairs. Then we just need a dresser for the bedroom a full-mirror and a chair of some sort for my boyfriend to throw (..) his clothes on.

My first thought was to wait and see what happens and not buy anything untill then but I think I'll search for the perfect leather jacket and buy a pair of somewhat expensive earrings I have wanted for a year now. If I find a good one I'll might buy a breton sweater as well. Then I'll be ahead when winter starts since I want a lot of things for that season (boots, a cloche hat, sweaters).

I have revised my shopping list. Seems a lot less overwhelming to me now.

- Black leather jacket (high priority)
- Zarah Voigt Moth Mono ear rings.
- Maybe a Breton sweater. This can wait for winter though.

I have moved the other items to my sewing list and my general musthavelists. They are nice to have's. Not need to have's. I will might buy some of them if I come across the excact right item but I wont be actively searching for them.

mothmono_zps58cbd334.jpg

Pic via zarahvoigt.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^I like the idea of having a must-have and nice-to-have list, I think I might do something similar. :flower:

I have been rethinking the Pistols, though. I will for sure get them, but I think I'll wait for fall when I have some birthday money. For now, I think I've decided on a pair of sunglasses. I :heart: the Ray Ban Clubmaster II Sunglasses, I think I'm getting them, they price is okay (well, I'm used to spending a max of 20€ for sunglasses, so it will be a lot for me!) and I think they suit me nicely.

b8f8c3b204422a25665fd4b4c6d77650.jpg

mytheresa.com

I've also been thinking about some other things so I figured, if I think about them THIS much, I guess I really must want them. :D The sunglasses are a priority though, and then the watch, which I've also picked out. Also been obsessed with the Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac bag, am I really lame? :blush: I don't know, I just think it's super cute, it would really go with my style... I know it's overrated but my do I want it :smile:

d48e2dc05f95fd5ee2851490561cf3eb.jpg

my-wardrobe.com

Would also love to hear your opinions on this sheer tee by ASOS. I desperately need a white T-shirt and I thought this one would be perfect, since the one I bought in Zara about two weeks ago is now sold out... I'm just afraid it'll be a bit too sheer, if you look at the black version it's completely see through. :unsure:

91b4c792d4d47bc217a96e2d60937d06.jpg

asos.com

I support your decisions about sunglasses, I always love to have a good pair, they uplift any outfit immediately and last for years. Ray Ban's would be a great investment indeed.

I think the model here wears a nude strappy top under it, so it's not looking that sheer like it is IRL. I would skip it and search for a better option instead of ordering it. :flower:

I have a HUGE shoe craving myself, it's really bad.:doh: The thing is that I only bought a single pair of them last year (Sam Edelman sandals) and got one as a gift.
So I decided to invest more in shoes this year, since they're my love but it's really rare for me to find a 'perfect' pair.
Now I love those Jil Sander Lima heels and the discount is huge, but I'm not wearing heels that often, because I'm already tall and I think I might even kill myself in them. :lol:
But I love love love them, and they have my size left. Also, they are from one of my favourite collections ever, the last one Raf made for Jil Sander. I'm really undecided.
Have to say that I didn't spend any money at all for clothing etc. for more than 4 months now (I got some things as a bday and Christmas gifts though) and I'm soon graduating from University, so I might reward myself a bit. :innocent:

ln-cc, cristinahh.files.wordpress

Attachments

• jil-sander-fall-2012-black-dress-shoes-handbag.jpg
    jil-sander-fall-2012-black-dress-shoes-handbag.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 0
  • jil0210033mlt_03_large.jpg
    jil0210033mlt_03_large.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1
@Juliette: Love the sunglasses! I am considering buying the brown version as normal glasses. I think they have a real nice 60's touch. I think sunglasses can be a good investment. I got a pair of prada baroques last year and even though I have always bought sunglasses at H&M before I consider them a really good purchase. You can really see how the quality is better.

And I think your decission regarding the pistols is wise - you will need them more for fall. Forgot to mention that they get a bit wider around the ancles as you wear them. They still look really nice though IMO.

Like the colour of the bag - nice pop. I have never heard of it so I do not know anything about the quality. Why do you think it is overrated? :smile:

Have you asked if Zara will get any more of the t-shirt or checked their online shop? I would definetely buy more of those now that you really like them!

@Jinadaze: Great shoes! I think the main questions is "will you wear them"? If so I think you should buy them! I think that we sometimes forget that shoes are for wearing, not for interior decorating :lol:

Thanks girls! :flower: Though I kind of sort of love that white top, it would actually look kinda cool if it was sheer. I'd wear a long bralette under it and I think it would look great, or even a nude tank like the model... I really like that look!

Betinapple You know those girls that make beauty and fashion videos on Youtube? Well, I'm obsessed with them, I watch soooo many. :blush: And it feels like every single one of them has the Mini Mac bag! They're kind of getting the same reputation as the Tory Burch flats and McQueen skull scarves, but I don't care, I love them all. :D It is kind of small though, I could only fit the essentials, but then again, I don't carry much with me if I'm not going to work.

Zara won't be getting more of those shirts, unfortunately, I already asked. I'll have to check their store in another city next week when I'm there.

And I'm going to a local store that sell the skull scarves next week, I'm so excited. I hope they have a color I like! ^_^

@Juliette: I think that things often are hyped for a reason. In Denmark every fashionista with the slightest selfrespect owens a balenciaga bag. They're not for me but I must admit that the quality is nice. If you like the bag, it fits your style and the quality is great then I can not see why you shold pass. I think the pink colour goes great with black and white which I recall you have a lot of in your wardrobe?

It's a shame with the Zara t-shirts. Hope you'll be able to find them.

What colour are you planning on buying the scarf in? So exciting!

Being that you watch those beauty gurus on youtube, can you recommend a videotutorial for victory rolls? :smile:

^You are right! :flower: I just don't want to be seen as one of those people who follow trends blindly. I genuinely like these items, though I will admit that if the girls didn't mention them, I probably would never have found them! I do wear a lot of monochrome colours. I actually have a pink clutch that I wear loads, but it has gold hardware, and the Minkoff has silver, which would be better for me.

About the scarf - I CANNOT decide. :D I was completely sure I was going to get it in black and white, but then RedandNavy mentioned that she has a dusky pink one with beige skulls and it sounded beautiful. I'll have to see them in person to decide. Only thing I know is that I'm getting the silk one, not the pashmina, because I want something very light. Which colour do you like? :flower:

Of course, I have two for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzaNNhHbCJ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFZrQgZ8To

Both of these girls are gorgeous and have many great pinup and vintage looking tutorials. I hope you enjoy them. :heart:

@Juliette: Thx a bunch for the links! It will be interesting to see wether I can figure it out. I am not an expert on hair and makeup.

You have to find your dream items somewhere and if you live in a smaller town the internet somtimes will be the place. I do not think that's bad :smile:

I saw RedAndNavys advice and I think she is right, if you are planning on wearing it at a conservative workplace. Right now you are a student, right? It still might be good to consider the environment you will be working in when you finish your studies. What are you studying? That said I think the classic black scarf with white skulls would look gorgeous with your wardrobe. If you want something more subtle I think that a pink one with white skulls would look nice!

I have a white on black skull scarf, been wearing it this season regularly, and I really think it's not that in-your-face at all.
It's not McQueen though, I would never spend that much on a scarf, it's a rip-off. The reason I have it is that it's so passé that it became cool again, but hey, that's just me. :D
My wardrobe is based on black so this combination was s logic choice.

^That's good to hear. :flower: This is going to be a bit of dark humour, but once (in my I'm-14-and-I'm-an-angry-emo) phase, I showed up to see my grandmother in the hospital with a black and white skull belt. Oh my god, it was so inappopriate, WHY didn't my mother stop me? Now I'm very careful about where I wear prints like that. :D
About the scarf - I've wanted it for years, ever since I first saw it. :blush: I don't care if it's trendy or whatever, I would treasure it and wear it forever. Even when I'm 80 and wrinkly. :P I wanted to get one from Topshop, or Zara or something, but I just want the McQueen one so badly... Everyone knows about it too, they all make fun of me for wanting to spend so much on a scarf. I do admit the price is too much, but... my precioussssssss :heart:

Betinapple I'm studying bibliography! But so many more things interest me. Right now I work at a semi-natural :D cosmetics/perfume/skincare/etc store and I love it! ^_^ You know, you're making me want two scarves now, one for my free time, and one for work! :D Oh, a girl can dream...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks girls! :flower: Though I kind of sort of love that white top, it would actually look kinda cool if it was sheer. I'd wear a long bralette under it and I think it would look great, or even a nude tank like the model... I really like that look!

Betinapple You know those girls that make beauty and fashion videos on Youtube? Well, I'm obsessed with them, I watch soooo many. :blush: And it feels like every single one of them has the Mini Mac bag! They're kind of getting the same reputation as the Tory Burch flats and McQueen skull scarves, but I don't care, I love them all. :D It is kind of small though, I could only fit the essentials, but then again, I don't carry much with me if I'm not going to work.

Zara won't be getting more of those shirts, unfortunately, I already asked. I'll have to check their store in another city next week when I'm there.

And I'm going to a local store that sell the skull scarves next week, I'm so excited. I hope they have a color I like! ^_^

forgot to mention ... have you tried on the reva flats? unfortunately for me they are very uncomfortable, but obviously alot of people are wearing them. this would be a good item to try on in person.

skulls are still edgy, but almost becoming a classic motif at this point ... they are not me, but if they were, i'd wear the scarf to work. glad you have a shop where you can see them :flower: i bet they have more good things there too.

i think you're right about the wang bag being heavy, but i think it's also fairly small. will check on it next time i go shopping.

^That's good to hear. :flower: This is going to be a bit of dark humour, but once (in my I'm-14-and-I'm-an-angry-emo) phase, I showed up to see my grandmother in the hospital with a black and white skull belt. Oh my god, it was so inappopriate, WHY didn't my mother stop me? Now I'm very careful about where I wear prints like that. :D
About the scarf - I've wanted it for years, ever since I first saw it. :blush: I don't care if it's trendy or whatever, I would treasure it and wear it forever. Even when I'm 80 and wrinkly. :P I wanted to get one from Topshop, or Zara or something, but I just want the McQueen one so badly... Everyone knows about it too, they all make fun of me for wanting to spend so much on a scarf. I do admit the price is too much, but... my precioussssssss :heart:

Betinapple I'm studying bibliography! But so many more things interest me. Right now I work at a semi-natural :D cosmetics/perfume/skincare/etc store and I love it! ^_^ You know, you're making me want two scarves now, one for my free time, and one for work! :D Oh, a girl can dream...

omg, too funny!!! just don't start resembling gollum please ...

if the scarf turns out to be a real go-to for you, a second one next year or so might be a good idea. does it come in your work colors?

Juliette; :lol: You sound so passionate about it I think you should buy it, but you may first get some staples you're talking about in the other thread?

Ta-ta, I'm curious what do you think about 'my' Jil Sander shoes. :wink:

Juliette; :lol: You sound so passionate about it I think you should buy it, but you may first get some staples you're talking about in the other thread?

Ta-ta, I'm curious what do you think about 'my' Jil Sander shoes. :wink:

i think they're gorgeous & you got good advice from betinapple. i do remember trying on some really uncomfortable jil shoes, so i'd check the return policy carefully ...

btw juliette, i see that they have been so good as to make the scarf in your uniform colors :wink: so good that there are several to choose from in that color scheme alone ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarestjewel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->