The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! :flower: Comfortability is my only concern actually, because I can already name quite a few occasions in the near future that I would wear them to,
and I think they can be worn to work too. Not on a daily basis, but still seem business appropriate.
Eithey way I would made myself wearing them because they are freaking gorgeous indeed. :lol:

@Juliette: Somethimes people think I am insane for spending a high price at something simple. They only see the design, not the quality. Since you have been wanting it for years I definetely think it is a good choice to buy the real deal.

That sounds very interesting. What kind of job are you hoping to get once you finish your studies? Could you wear the white on black scarf at your current job?

fashionista-ta You do have a point, I have actually heard that the Revas are uncomfortable... Unfortunately, I have nowhere to try them on, unless I travel somewhere. They're mostly on the list because I used to be obsessed with them, though, I love the design. Especially the turquoise ones with the silver logo. :heart: Though I won't be buying them anytime soon, I don't like wearing ballet flats that much, I feel like I look so chubby in them. And I have a gorgeous new nude pair that I love, so I think I'm covered for now. :smile:

The shop that stocks the skull scarves is really intimidating to me... I called there the other day and asked about the scarves and the prices and I got almost scared to go in, I'll feel so out of place. I'm afraid of shopping assistants, honestly. :blush: But I'll do it!

The scarf does come in my work colours (white and beige), but I don't think I'll invest in that particular one, since this job is more of a student thing. It wouldn't be a problem if I wore it to work in different colours, though. Maybe just more subtly, plus I could hide it behind my apron anyway. :smile: I'll decide when I see them in person and you're right, the pink and white might be just right for me, too!

Jinadaze I know, I know, you're totally right, but I want it so badly. :D I've wanted it for so long and now I finally have enough money. I'm not sure I can resist... But I'll try my hardest. :P

Betinapple Thank you for the words of encouragement. :flower: Once I'm done with school? Well, my dream job would be to be a writer. :blush: Other than that I would love to work in a bookstore or with fashion/cosmetics/beauty in general. A magazine would also be great... I have way too many interests. :D

@Juliette: nothing wrong with having lots of passion :D I think you should go for the black/white one if that is what you want the most. Does not seem like you will be working in a too conservative environment.

^Yes, I think that would me the most versatile. Though it will be another hard decision between black and white or white and black. Oh my god, I'm complicating things so much. :D

By the way, I've always liked the look of chunky chain necklaces, I think I'm going to add some to my shopping list. I first saw them on a Youtuber, I think her name is Alex, her usernamee is hrhcollection. She also sells the necklaces, but I'd prefer something from Europe so I don't have to pay taxes... I think she's such a stylish girl too.

Some photos:

1.jpg

B.jpg

mmmmmm.jpg

hrhcollection.net

I really like the look of two of these necklaces with a simple black tee, like the one I got recently, and some denim cutoffs, maybe a boyfriend blazer. I'm trying to find some on Etsy...

@Juliette: I would go for black with white skulls. It will look nice with your white dresses and the white tops on your shopping list but also black tops and dresses. I do not think the white will go that well with white tops.

You should be able to find necklaces like that on e-bay for a reasonable amount.

fashionista-ta You do have a point, I have actually heard that the Revas are uncomfortable... Unfortunately, I have nowhere to try them on, unless I travel somewhere. They're mostly on the list because I used to be obsessed with them, though, I love the design. Especially the turquoise ones with the silver logo. :heart: Though I won't be buying them anytime soon, I don't like wearing ballet flats that much, I feel like I look so chubby in them. And I have a gorgeous new nude pair that I love, so I think I'm covered for now. :smile:

The shop that stocks the skull scarves is really intimidating to me... I called there the other day and asked about the scarves and the prices and I got almost scared to go in, I'll feel so out of place. I'm afraid of shopping assistants, honestly. :blush: But I'll do it!

The scarf does come in my work colours (white and beige), but I don't think I'll invest in that particular one, since this job is more of a student thing. It wouldn't be a problem if I wore it to work in different colours, though. Maybe just more subtly, plus I could hide it behind my apron anyway. :smile: I'll decide when I see them in person and you're right, the pink and white might be just right for me, too!

Jinadaze I know, I know, you're totally right, but I want it so badly. :D I've wanted it for so long and now I finally have enough money. I'm not sure I can resist... But I'll try my hardest. :P

Betinapple Thank you for the words of encouragement. :flower: Once I'm done with school? Well, my dream job would be to be a writer. :blush: Other than that I would love to work in a bookstore or with fashion/cosmetics/beauty in general. A magazine would also be great... I have way too many interests. :D

if you don't like how you look in ballets, i would skip them then. maybe what you really like is the color combination?

well, don't be afraid of SAs ... they are there to help you. most are nice ... there are some who switch between sucking up & being snotty--both modes are painful :wink: i just wait for someone to offer to help me, & generally i like that person pretty well. def don't buy from someone who didn't treat you well.

there is one store here where the shoe dept has a lot of snotty SAs. there's nothing better than watching the jaw of the SA who walked right by you drop as you buy a very nice pair of shoes from someone else. i avoid the place if i can, but the buyers are good & sometimes it's my only option.

you are so friendly that i'm sure they will love you. i'm sure you'll have fun looking at all the different color options & deciding. i too would definitely not buy the work colors first.

@Ta-ta: I aggree regarding the ballet flats. You should never buy anything that you do not feel right wearing. I make that mistake myself once in a while.

@Ta-ta: I aggree regarding the ballet flats. You should never buy anything that you do not feel right wearing. I make that mistake myself once in a while.

Oh yes, I've made that mistake, too. Especially happens when something is often declared a must-have and you start believing it. Or when Lots of great versions of an item turn up - but still that item isn't you. For example I have been tempted to buy shorts lately - but shorts just aren't for me, no matter how pretty.

Oh yes, I've made that mistake, too. Especially happens when something is often declared a must-have and you start believing it. Or when Lots of great versions of an item turn up - but still that item isn't you. For example I have been tempted to buy shorts lately - but shorts just aren't for me, no matter how pretty.

I was almost making that mistake with t-shirts. T-shirts are not for me. I feel weird wearing them. Not dressy enough. But last year a white tee made its way to my musthavelist because it is "a thing that should be in every wardrobe". I did not end up buying one.

Those universal musthaves can be nice because most of them is really good to have but you need to be true to yourself wether they fit YOU.

Juliette: I just thought I'd post what pink scarfs I found, if you are still interested in pink.

Hot pink with white skulls, Viscose:
http://www.mytheresa.com/en-de/skull-print-scarf-200056.html

Merlot and fuchsia, very pretty:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/322703

Light pink, very descrete:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/322702

There is white with pink skulls as well. Mine is a pashmina btw, I saw just now that you are not looking for cashmere/pashmina... So I guess you don't want mine after all :lol:

btw, i think the complete selection is shown at alexandermcqueen.com. they have a page with all the colorways knotted & another with them laid flat, which i thought was quite nice :wink: you can also select just silk.

that merlot colorway would be so nice for fall.

btw, i think the complete selection is shown at alexandermcqueen.com. they have a page with all the colorways knotted & another with them laid flat, which i thought was quite nice :wink: you can also select just silk.

that merlot colorway would be so nice for fall.

I really love the merlot one, too. So beautiful! I'll have to go and look at the McQueen side then, too :P

I bought a leather jacket. The most important thing on my musthavelist. Yay me :P

I love, love, love it!

Right now I do not want to think about shopping since this will be my March purchase, but I will come back with a revised shoppinglist within a couple of days.

DSC_0086_zpsfd8d9d7b.jpg

DSC_0102_zps04c4aa23.jpg

DSC_0100_zps4f7405d8.jpg

Betinapple, you look great as alwys, love the draping on that leather jacket! :heart:

Also loving the discussion of the skull scarves - I agree, the merlot is very gorgeous, but wouldn't really fit with my colour scheme... Right now I'm deciding between the black & white and the pink & white that RedandNavy posted (I really really love that one!) I'm going to see them in person, probably tomorrow, but I only have 200€, so I hope that will be enough, they might be more expensive here... Wish me lucky with the SA!

I was also in Zara yesterday and am happy to say that I tracked down the tee I got in black! They only had one left, in my size! And it was in a grey colour, so I got it. I think I'll wear it a lot when it gets warmer. While I was in there I also spotted a GORGEOUS pair of pants, and this is really weird coming from me because I almost never wear pants/jeans/trousers. But these were just so lovely! They were a really hot fuchsia colour, cropped (I think 7/8) and had a pleat down the front... I NEED to try them on! Please tell me what you think about them. I would wear them with a grey or black tee and a chunky silver chain necklace + some sunglasses :wub:

6136048630_2_2_3.jpg

zara.com

Edit: Oh, as I was writing this, I got an e-mail that I got my paycheck, yaaaaaay :D Now I have some extra spending money. Definitely going to check out the pants and scarves tomorrow, I'm taking my boyfriend with me so he can protect me from the sales people. :P

@Juliette: I've missed you :wink: Thx for the kind words.

So happy to see that you got another tee. I am really looking forward to see what scarf you end up buying.

I love the pants - they are gorgeous. BUT I think you should think carefully about wether you should get them. You have a lot of things on your list that I think you could get more use out of (like shoes, bags, sunglasses). I think I would focus on those first. How much do they cost, the pants?

^Thank you! :heart: I'm looking forward to it too! Right now I have no idea which one I'll choose.

You're completely right. But they're just one of those items you fall in love with at first sight, so I had to ask for your opinion here. :flower: They're 39.95€, so not expensive at all. The reason I'm deciding if I should get them is because they might go out of stock, while the sunglasses and purses will wait for me. And I still have to try on the Ray Bans before I order them, and I haven't found a shop that stocks them here yet (went to four yesterday!!) I know, I know - I'm just making excuses :P, but man, do I love those pants! :woot:

I know I may seem like I dropped off the wagon :lol:, so I'll just tell you that I went shopping with one of my best friends yesterday and I only bought the grey tee, which I really wanted. There were tons of other things I liked, but I resisted the temptation. This is seriously big for me, because if I did this a few months ago, I would've spent everything and probably even borrowed some money from my friend. I feel better. :smile:

@Juliette: I know how you feel! Sometimes when i make excuses it is because I REALLY want an item and it will be great in my wardrobe - sometimes it ends up being one of those things I hardly ever wear. I see how they could be one of the things you go to when you're uninspired but at the same time, even though they are cheap they still cost 1/5 of what a pair of raybans cost. I feel your pain though :D Just think thoroughly about it.

And I think you are doing really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->