The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pretty much solves the problem of looking for a pair of monochrome sneakers.

[/SIZE]

Now the next problem will be choosing which color... :rolleyes:

Oh my, that is awesome! Which colors are you considering?

^I like the dark blue, bright green and orange ones. And some more.. :innocent:

Since I don't need that much this S/S I'm trying to limit my want list. For now I have three items that are the main "priorities":

• Knitted blazer, navy
  • Shorts, navy
  • Summer shoes

Lots of navy, but I've got enough color in my S/S wardrobe and I need some neutrals to bring it together. The shorts will probably be the Acne shorts I pinned, I like the A-line model. The blazer I'm not sure of, I saw two I like so far (one from Drykorn one from Massimo Dutti). The shoes will probably be Rivieras although those sneakers will be something I can wear all year round. I'm not planning to buy those anytime soon so I'll have some time to think.

I'm planning to buy one item each month for the coming months. The navy blazer is the first one on my hitlist... :shifty:

My (mostly fall/winter) wishlist atm (don't need anything by the way ^_^:(
- Black wool jacket/blazer (Acne? Stella wasn't fitted at the waist at all)
- Black wool skinny (cropped) trousers (pinned some of the F/W collection)
- Black boxy (silk) blouse/shirt
- Black crossbody bag
- Maxi dress (currently trying to sew a black jersey summer maxi dress)
- Black oxfords/lace ups (Church wasn't perfect)

My example:

glamradar
A lot of black! :D Fewormany won't like it. :P When I'm in Paris in May I'm gonna try to find some items and try them, can't wait. Also want to try a leather jacket and different flats eizhowa mentioned. If you guys have some suggestions, please pin them. :flower:

^Yes I will, it's the perfect opportunity in Paris. Thanks fashionista-ta.

Really nice list! The outfit in the picture is so cool! No idea who makes the blazer by any chance? I realize it probably cost as much as a used car, but still, it's nice to know:smile:

I don't mind the all black at all! I wanted to mention something about this earlier, but forgot. I think there are so many elements to style that it is perfectly doable to have a very personal style without using any color. You can play with the fit, the proportions, the materials/texture and the various cultural connotations we have with certain items etc.

^Thanks! I'm sorry don't know the designer, only general text with the pic unfortunately.
Can't agree more with you eizhowa. I love the details like you mentioned, it finishes my outfit and makes it chic and interesting. It makes me buy something or not. Some people wear amazing colour combinations, but I find it difficult to incorporate for myself. But I have to say I also have an all bright red outfit in my closet and I wear it. :lol:

^ Funny :wink: Today I'm wearing a black sweater, black jeans, red distressed patent d'Orsay ballets, and red lipstick :smile:

@Fewormany: I think dark blue would be very cool with your wardrobe!

@Nymphaea: nothing wrong with black - and I really like that outfit!

---------

I am still considering that Iro jacket. But yesterday I went to their store and found out that they also have a black bouclé jacket in their collection this season - which has been on my wishlist for quite some time.

I am not even sure wether I want to spend that kind of money ATM or if I should save them for when I go to London, and now I am even more confused. The one I was originally looking at is in a blue/white combo - it is definetely more colorful/patterned than what I usually wear, but I am feeling very drawn to it, and it would work with everything in my wardrobe, yet still add something new. The black just might be a safer choice, even though I am not that into (all) black ATM - I doubt that I will start dressing like a rainbow though - probably just a phase.

^If you have found a black boucle jacket you like, I would go for that, despite the appeal of the other. I just think it will be worn for so much longer. A black boucle jacket looks really cool with light blue jeans like the ones you have:smile:

^you are right. I just really wasn't planning on paying that kind of money for it. I have never bought that expensive a piece of clothing - I had really hoped I could find something in a more reasonable price range :smile:

Well, if it is overpriced then it doesn't matter how gorgeous it is....

Iro is kind of contemporary pricing, right? A jacket is a good investment item ... as long as it continues to fit, it should last a long time.

@Eizhowa: It is not that I consider it overpriced, neccesarily - I just do not have unlimited resources :smile:

@Ta-ta: I have absolutely no idea what contemporary prices are?

It would be a good investment piece, but it would also mean that I have less money to spend in London.

When are you going to London? Can you first visit London and maybe afterwards purchase the jacket for example?

When are you going to London? Can you first visit London and maybe afterwards purchase the jacket for example?

In the beginning of June :smile: Waiting could be a possibility. I don't know how fast these kind of things sell out.

^Tricky, then all comes down on how much you want it. Difficult!

if it is a perfect black boucle jacket then I am guessing it is something that won't make it to the sales in July.... But if you don't need it, then it won't be the end of the world if it sells out either:wink:

A lot of black! :D Fewormany won't like it. :P

The outfit in the picture looks really great. :smile: I'm not a big fan of (all) black, but I understand why so many people like it. Head to toe black can look good, but like eizhowa mentioned, different textures/materials are important to keep it interesting.

Betinapple the jacket sounds great. You could wait for the sale and let fate decide..

.. it IS a dilemma - I knew you would understand!

It is excactly the kind of black bouclé jacket that I have been wanting, but I think it is very expensive, and ATM I am doing fine with my grey boucle jackets. It is the kind of thing that I would wear a lot and enjoy if I got it, but I don't NEED it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->