The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :lol: good that you didn't start the year breaking a resolution!

It is a lovely coat alright! So comfortable and flattering

eizhowa giveth, and eizhowa taketh away :lol:

I wore my new leopard heels last night as I knew the restaurant would have valet parking :wink: Still in the learning curve phase--only the second time I've worn them actually. Love the twinkly jewels. I've also started a new thing to encourage me to keep all of my shoes in rotation. I have them in clear boxes in a corner of my bedroom (which I have officially grown out of--I need to go to the Container Store & buy more :ninja:), currently in three stacks, will be four when I expand. I keep three pair out on the top, and what I've started doing is putting pairs out that I haven't worn in awhile so that when I'm contemplating what to wear, I can consider building my outfit around the shoes.

Also wore my leopard wrap last night (with black cashmere sweater and black wool pants and Patagonia ivory jacket). Have also been wearing my new leopard flats with my snow leopard sweater. I delight in breaking the one piece of animal print rule whenever it works :wink:

Happy New Years! I am having such a hard time keeping up with this thread these days. Just before Christmas I handed in my semester project and I have spend the entire vacation trying to recooperate.

@Tata: great purchases. Though not being silk, the blouse look gorgeous. The colour is so nice. I like that it is somewhat electric blue, yet a little more subtle. I think it will look great with the gold ballet flats. And I love the pearl detail on the back of the black pair. You are really great at finding things that are subtle but with great detailing :flower:

I am looking forward to the warmer weather as well - I havent worn ballet flats much for the past couple of years, but I feel like this spring might be the time to get them back into my wardrobe - I still have some great pairs on stock - includong the red suede Anniels. Like Ta-ta is saying, a nice pair of flats can be great for dressy occasions where heels are just no good (which are quite a lot in my case, since I mainly walk/use public transportation, and I have discovered that I loathe wearing heels when having to walk more than just to/from the car).

Great idea, rotating your shoes. I should get better at that with all my clothes, not just shoes. I haven't spend a lot of time wardrobeplanning lately, so I tend to just go for whatever works. So not much rotation.

PS: I bet Eizhowa a going full on Kardashian :wink:

@Melisande: Puffer coats are difficult. The fit needs to be perfect if you are not going to look like a Michelin-man. I would go for Peak Performance over North Face any day - the fit just seems better and the diamond shaped quilt is more feminine IMO. Do you have any pics of your coat?

Just dawned on me that I forgot to include my new Ganni dress in my last post. I saw the print on a blog Late Summer and fell in love with it. It is part of the prespring collection and I have been waiting for it to get in stores. I have worn it a lot for both every day, dining out etc. I even wore it for Christmas.

In December I bought the stud detail dress and the mesh detail heels. The dress is really great - again, both for every day with boots and as partywear - and very nice with something warm to wear when going out. The shoes were a bit of a gamble since I haven't bought cheap non-leather shoes in ages due to comfort and durability issues, but these are really good - they are padded, so quite comfy to walk in despite the heel height. Wore them for New Years - with stockings though :wink:

For Christmas I got the plain turtleneck dress and the wallet, as well as some organic cotton leggins and t-shirts for homewear, and Calvin Klein underwear from the My Calvins series. Very happy with all of it. The turtleneck dress is just a great basic that I can use for all occasions - and as a layering piece. I have worn it a lot already with boots and a cardigan, and for new years with the mesh heels. I have a similar dress in the same fabric, but with an o neck, that I got for christmas 5 years ago - I used to wear it costantly as well, and it has been holding up great. Generally I love the Samsøe Samsøe basics, since they are so durable, which is key for me.

The wallet has proven really great as well - for the past few years I have been using a coin purse and while I love having a small wallet, it has been driving me crazy never being able to find my credit card when needing it. This one has a few rooms, so now everything is easy to find. Functionality is just so important for items that you use all the time.

pics via mettef.dk, asos.com, bubbleroom.com and bymalenebirger.com

Attachments

• GANNI-RYDER-CREPE-KJOLE.jpg
    GANNI-RYDER-CREPE-KJOLE.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 2
  • asosdress.jpg
    asosdress.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 3
  • missguidedheels.jpg
    missguidedheels.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 2
  • eppas.jpg
    eppas.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
  • sak long.jpg
    sak long.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
Betina! Hope you're feeling more relaxed after handing in the project. I definitely know how that feels, and even though I haven't been a student for a couple of years now I have been helping my boyfriend on some papers and it can be hell!

Some lovely pieces there. The shoes are definitely bold, and the Ganni dress is lovely! I understand the need for a wallet as well (my coins kept falling from my old one...), I'm waiting for mine to arrive :smile:

Happy new Year, all. I was browsing old threads and found the 1st 4-5 thread! It's been a VERY LONG TIME! Am also surprised to see that I posted there as well!

eizhenhowa, no worries even if you broke NY resolution, as chinese new year (and Moslem new year, and hindunese new year) will come soon!

Tata, I really like your gold shoes! and what a wonderful idea to rotate shoes! One of my New Year resolution is to use my heels again (now I only do wedge and vara like heels).

in BV, nero is black, ebano is chocolate milk, moro (discontinued) is dark chocolate. Now they discontinued ebano as permNent color and launch new color espresso, a darker chocolate color from ebano, but i dont know yet whether moro and espresso is similar or not...

my lanvin bag will come this week, am so excited!

these days i have the strangest urge to paint my nails. i think it will give nice pop of color, as i am too lxy to use lipsti k these days...

Happy New Years! I am having such a hard time keeping up with this thread these days. Just before Christmas I handed in my semester project and I have spend the entire vacation trying to recooperate.

@Tata: great purchases. Though not being silk, the blouse look gorgeous. The colour is so nice. I like that it is somewhat electric blue, yet a little more subtle. I think it will look great with the gold ballet flats. And I love the pearl detail on the back of the black pair. You are really great at finding things that are subtle but with great detailing :flower:

I am looking forward to the warmer weather as well - I havent worn ballet flats much for the past couple of years, but I feel like this spring might be the time to get them back into my wardrobe - I still have some great pairs on stock - includong the red suede Anniels. Like Ta-ta is saying, a nice pair of flats can be great for dressy occasions where heels are just no good (which are quite a lot in my case, since I mainly walk/use public transportation, and I have discovered that I loathe wearing heels when having to walk more than just to/from the car).

Great idea, rotating your shoes. I should get better at that with all my clothes, not just shoes. I haven't spend a lot of time wardrobeplanning lately, so I tend to just go for whatever works. So not much rotation.

PS: I bet Eizhowa a going full on Kardashian :wink:

@Melisande: Puffer coats are difficult. The fit needs to be perfect if you are not going to look like a Michelin-man. I would go for Peak Performance over North Face any day - the fit just seems better and the diamond shaped quilt is more feminine IMO. Do you have any pics of your coat?

Just dawned on me that I forgot to include my new Ganni dress in my last post. I saw the print on a blog Late Summer and fell in love with it. It is part of the prespring collection and I have been waiting for it to get in stores. I have worn it a lot for both every day, dining out etc. I even wore it for Christmas.

In December I bought the stud detail dress and the mesh detail heels. The dress is really great - again, both for every day with boots and as partywear - and very nice with something warm to wear when going out. The shoes were a bit of a gamble since I haven't bought cheap non-leather shoes in ages due to comfort and durability issues, but these are really good - they are padded, so quite comfy to walk in despite the heel height. Wore them for New Years - with stockings though :wink:

For Christmas I got the plain turtleneck dress and the wallet, as well as some organic cotton leggins and t-shirts for homewear, and Calvin Klein underwear from the My Calvins series. Very happy with all of it. The turtleneck dress is just a great basic that I can use for all occasions - and as a layering piece. I have worn it a lot already with boots and a cardigan, and for new years with the mesh heels. I have a similar dress in the same fabric, but with an o neck, that I got for christmas 5 years ago - I used to wear it costantly as well, and it has been holding up great. Generally I love the Samsøe Samsøe basics, since they are so durable, which is key for me.

The wallet has proven really great as well - for the past few years I have been using a coin purse and while I love having a small wallet, it has been driving me crazy never being able to find my credit card when needing it. This one has a few rooms, so now everything is easy to find. Functionality is just so important for items that you use all the time.

pics via mettef.dk, asos.com, bubbleroom.com and bymalenebirger.com

ooooohhhhh that gani is pretty! and somehow, i think it matches your wLlet!

nordstrom

Thanks, betina and floodette :flower:

Love your purchases/gifts, betina ... very different from each other, but all "you." I like the floral print (a bit Dries), the sexy heels, and the very interesting-looking wallet. It's so nice to be able to pull something pretty out of your bag! I see so many ugly wallets out there :ninja:

floodette, milk chocolate and black should definitely be distinguishable to people :wink: Maybe they need new glasses? I was just looking at my Pinterest, and looks like my bag is called a Medium. Which one/color did you get?

Too lazy to use lipstick!! So much easier than painting nails, though--but why not do both? :wink: I painted my nails for many, many years, but suspect I will not go back now. My nails are so much longer, stronger & healthier. But the pedicures definitely continue!! I keep all my lipsticks in a purple Bottega makeup bag--perhaps that's what you need to encourage you to use them!

PS Forgot to post an important purchase!

PPS You had me laughing out loud with full-on Kardashian ... but won't that require some serious visits to the cooking thread as well as a complete wardrobe overhaul :wink:

Attachments

• Bear socks.jpg
    Bear socks.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, girls :heart:

eizhowa, you're giving new meaning to retail therapy :rofl:

If I really had a choice, there were some beautiful black ballerinas with a purple snake toe, and if I could bring that back, I'd have them instead. With these, I believe they took the heel and brought it down. It may be similar to the toe of the leopard heels I have. I think these will be versatile ... but what I was thinking they could do is work well when I have a more formal occasion where I need to walk a lot, like a museum show opening.

The reason I say that about the two sites is, these gold flats have been sitting around forever on Farfetch. On Yoox, literally everything I was interested in (that's at a reasonable price) has sold out. Granted, they do much better discount codes than Farfetch. But had these been on Yoox at the same price net, I think they would've been long gone.

Usually I search both sites by designer (and not just the one I've been buying lately :smile:), and that works well. Sometimes if I'm looking for something like a black sweater, denim trousers, etc., that can be more of a needle in a haystack situation--best not to go there, especially on Yoox! But, patience can pay off. A color/type search can really work well too, especially when it's a more unusual color--I've done that for myself, as well as others.

So you're thinking of changing your style, eizhowa? Go ahead and start warning us now, so we don't get too shocked later :wink: Will you go for the Hedi Slimane transgressive schoolgirl look? Luxe bohemian? Maybe princess, with fur and tiaras??

I completely missed this post! Now Betinas comment finally makes sense:P

I have no clue what I want to do with my style, but I feel like I want it to change somehow. I still haven't figured out how to change it, and until I get a part time job, I won't have the money to change it too much. I want to add some heeled boots, and try to show of my shape more, but I still want to wear really casual clothes...

It definitely won't be a Kardasihan inspired style. that I know for sure:wink:

Floodette: Haha, good to know!

Betina: The print on that Ganni dress is STUNNING!:heart:

Fashionista-ta:
Ugh, I am really craving some christmas socks as well... Thay are just so bad in a good way. I also want a christmas jumper with tassles and lots of stuff sewn onto it. If it doesn't give everyone a headache it is not christmas-y enough!

I received some Christmas socks as a present this year, but I think they would be too subtle for you :wink: One pair is white with red and green polka dots, and the other is red with a green edging and hot pink toe/heel.

I have given some before that you might like--a string of Christmas lights winding around the foot and ankle.

This year it was too warm to wear my Christmas sweater on Christmas Day!

PS Maybe a sweater with a deeper V-neck?

I received some Christmas socks as a present this year, but I think they would be too subtle for you :wink: One pair is white with red and green polka dots, and the other is red with a green edging and hot pink toe/heel.

I have given some before that you might like--a string of Christmas lights winding around the foot and ankle.

This year it was too warm to wear my Christmas sweater on Christmas Day!

PS Maybe a sweater with a deeper V-neck?

I like the idea of christmas lights on a sweater... hmm...

I am always looking for deep v sweaters and t-shirts, but unsurprisingly, I am very picky... I haven't found a single one that I like (that also fits)...

^ Well, put some meat on your bones, girl! Then you'll really have a shape to show off :wink:

Yes, I understand about picky! I think that is one thing we all have in common here :D

eizhenhowa and tata: stupid question, but is it possible to be shortcircuited when wearing socks / sweater with xmas lights?

tata: hahahaha, actually i am too lazy to put on lipstick because i eat all the time, so it always almost wiped out. i painted my nails dark purple today, and am not happy. I thought bright red would be a better color. Oh well, til wednesday!

I'm talking about lights knitted into the pattern--so no!

Well, I eat at all the usual times as well :wink: I start off the day with lipgloss, and then apply lipstick as needed. At home, I keep a lip balm in every room, and apply that when I'm there. I virtually never have chapped lips!

Finally got my black dress when I went back to work today (and my two pair of bear socks--one for me, one to give away). The fit was good in many ways, but ultimately fell short. I went to fill out the return form tonight, and had the opportunity to exchange for the next size--which has never even been a possibility before with other Yoox returns--so I decided to try it.

I think what's biting me is that my unusually curvy rear view is taking an inordinate amount of the available space, thus causing fit issues in other areas :ninja: I also thought it was a tad short, so the next size should fix that, and hopefully everything--I'll see!

Ouchhhhhhhhhhh so it's knitted lights!!! *embarassed*

tata, have you tried Lush lip scrub? I love it so much, so delicious and effective! BTW on the bottega veneta, mine are venetas in maxi. I lugged a lot of stuffs in my bag, and i heard medium is quite small, altough can perfectly used in night outings as it looks more formal. Yours is purple, right? Os is it your make up pouch that is purple? The leather is so delicious, right?

BTW I got zara coupon for xmas, and i bought this. Very comfy to wear, and the back is interesting.
5646002800_2_4_1.jpg

I did once see a sweater that lit up! Not sure if that was DIY or not ...

Pretty back to the dress!

I like a very specific size bag, and I find that Bottega doesn't make it generally--I typically find their bags either too small or too big. So the things I have from them are not handbags, but other accessories--like my makeup bag. I would buy more if I could think of a reason!

I need lip scrub only once every few years, so I don't own any :smile:

Beautiful dress floodette, love sexy backs on dresses!

Hopefully your next size is perfect fashionista-ta.

Beautiful dress floodette, love sexy backs on dresses!

Hopefully your next size is perfect fashionista-ta.

thanks a lot, nymphaea and tata!

just a bit on goldilocks type of problem with BV bag, indeed a lot of people said that they need a size between lrge and maxi venetas, on which it was replied that large belly veneta (the one with rounded edge) is that size. i dont know if it is the size you prefer, tata, but just in case...

Some years ago, Tomas Maier would say that the bags were the 'right' size, and he didn't really care if they weren't the size women wanted. Then mysteriously that changed, it seems :wink: I am perfectly happy with my Happy--long may it last!

Thanks, Nymphaea--me too! Hopefully the style works on me.

The dress has an interesting (and very typical) feature that I didn't notice mentioned in the description ... at the seam under the bustline there are large hooks at either side and thread eyes to make the dress a bit more fitted. I have the same hook in a different finish in my Bottega skirt I think ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->