The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Barbaraa: Thank you :flower: yes, being a student can be quite stressfull. Hopefully the next semester will be better. Having a good wallet is just important - I really like yours as well. Was it nice IRL too?

@Floodette: thank you! I am very happy with both. And you are actually right - I hadn't though of that.

@Ta-ta: thank you so - and you are perfectly right - very different purchases. Love your socks! Which lipstick brand do you use? I always have my nails painted, but I loathe wearing lipstick these days - it just doesn't last.

Hope the dress will be better in the next size

@Eizhowa: :lol: I can understand the confusion. And thank you - I adore that print as well.

@floodette: gorgeous dress - very sexy.

Re bags: After I got my Willow I pretty much havent been wearing anything else. I use my Michael Kors quilt bag when going out for drinks since I am not really comfortable bringing my willow to some of the bars I go to :huh: I rarely have a need for evening bags, but I do pull out my YSL mail clutch once in a while - not just for fancy occasions, but actually also for daytime if I am not carrying that much. I tend to have shoulder problems as well, so sometimes it is good to force myself to bring a smaller bag - also it is to pretty to just be sitting in the closet.

@Melisande: one can never have too many stripes - I have a woolen option as well :lol:

@Eizhowa: frozen solid :o I am never moving to Norway.

I could really use your guys help. I need to pick out my wedding shoes soon, and I am really having trouble finding the right pair. We are getting married outdoors and probably having the reception outdoors as well - so I need something that I can walk around in for quite some time - possibly on gras as well. At the same time I think my dress calls for heels. So maybe to pairs - a pair of heels (possibly stilettos) and a pair of flats/lower block heels. And to complicate manners even further I might be getting a second dress. I wasn't really planning on it, but if my dress is not going to be a PITA for the outdoor reception, it might be a good idea - at least to have the option to change - so the shoes should preferably match both. I have invited you all to a secret board on pinterest (let me know if I forgot any of you) where you can see my dress and the 2nd dress option and pin if you like.

I have been contemplating a lot of different things

- Classic stiletto pumps: black lace, navy suede or nude patent - and I think that would suit the dress, but maybe be a bit boring? (maybe except the black lace, but that might be a little "harsh" with a black dress?)
- Glitter, satin or bows - maybe sandals. I like the style Karen Millen used to do a couple of years ago.
- Red shoes

I will pin some of my ideas to the board, but would really like your recommendations. I would like something that I can wear afterwards as well, but still I will have a budget around 150 dollars for each pair - more if I only need one pair. - I will be eternally gratefull for your help :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I wear almost only MAC lipstick, thanks to back to MAC :wink:

I am trying to accept your invite, but Pinterest doesn't seem to be working right now. Instead of adding your board, it just takes me to my feed :huh: Hopefully I'll have better luck later ...

^ I wear almost only MAC lipstick, thanks to back to MAC :wink:

I am trying to accept your invite, but Pinterest doesn't seem to be working right now. Instead of adding your board, it just takes me to my feed :huh: Hopefully I'll have better luck later ...

How long does it last? I feel like I have to re-apply lipstick constantly.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble later - then I will try to add you again :flower: glad you wanna join.

Betina, as much as I think stilettos would go perfectly with your dress, I am sure they are the least appropriate shoes for an outdoor wedding, unfortunately. :( I've read some opinions about it from experienced brides before getting my block-heel sandals ...
I still love the idea of (rose) gold/copper glitter shoes though, but with a wider heel. Also if you are planning to wear high heels, you should consider flat sandals for later. Mine are just 9 cm and I think I will be fine for the whole night, but I guess I will bring an additional pair. Better safe than sorry. I will definitely pin some for you when I find them. :flower:

We went shopping for his wedding suit last Friday ... My oh my, we checked every possible store in our city and didn't find anything that would suit his muscular physique. :rolleyes: I already made an appointment in a showroom for a custom made tux. We are such a problematic couple fit-wise. :lol:

Betina, as much as I think stilettos would go perfectly with your dress, I am sure they are the least appropriate shoes for an outdoor wedding, unfortunately. :( I've read some opinions about it from experienced brides before getting my block-heel sandals ...
I still love the idea of (rose) gold/copper glitter shoes though, but with a wider heel. Also if you are planning to wear high heels, you should consider flat sandals for later. Mine are just 9 cm and I think I will be fine for the whole night, but I guess I will bring an additional pair. Better safe than sorry. I will definitely pin some for you when I find them. :flower:

We went shopping for his wedding suit last Friday ... My oh my, we checked every possible store in our city and didn't find anything that would suit his muscular physique. :rolleyes: I already made an appointment in a showroom for a custom made tux. We are such a problematic couple fit-wise. :lol:

Oh, believe me, I know! I must admit, I don't really think that I thought it through regarding the venue, when I bought the dress - but I love it, and I am wearing it. I just feel like stilettos are the best option for it aesthetically. While being outdoors, we are not standing on grass - actually the excact place where the ceremony and probably the reception will take place, is pavement. So I think I will be going for stilettos - and a pair of flats/very low block heels. If we were to be on grass, I would def. not be getting stilettos.

Since I probably will be getting two pairs, I do want something that I can wear afterwards, since I believe it would be a waste of ressources otherwise. No matter what I will be bringing flat shoes, new or old, - not the kind of day when you want sore feet And thank you, you are a champ!

Problematic couple fitwise :lol: did you try Tommy Hilfiger? I know their suits can be very good for men with broad shoulders/arms.

^ That's a whole different matter, I would go for stilettos in this case as well if I were you! I haven't even thought about other options then having the ceremony on the grass etc. In this case if the ground is just a wee bit moist, you can easily drown. :D

I don't think we even saw any appropriate suits at TF, all of them were too casual. It really has to be an elegant classic suit, if not tux. I think I have never seen so many shades of dark blue and grey before :lol: - it has to be as black as my dress. :smile:

How long does it last? I feel like I have to re-apply lipstick constantly.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble later - then I will try to add you again :flower: glad you wanna join.

I would say a few hours ... but I am used to reapplying :wink: It's important to me that the texture be moist.

Yes, still having trouble ... this time on my phone I get the error 'User not found' :huh:

I have found that you can tiptoe in stilettos while crossing grass if necessary :wink: That way the heels don't sink in.

I'm wondering if two pairs of shoes will necessitate two dresses? Let me wait and see the length :smile:

@Jina: glad that I am not completely insane :Lol: and regarding your fiancee, I cannot think of a better time to get a custom made suit than for your wedding.

@Tata: well something is not working for me. Maybe I should try Mac.

I also tiptoe on grass. It is not that two pairs of shoes will make two dresses neccesary, but my dress is long with a small train and maybe not that comfortable for an outdoor reception, so I would like the opportinuty to change at least, sine I would hate to feel bothered on my wedding day

^ Some dresses have either a detachable train, or a way to loop it up out of the way (and maybe the second option could be a modification??). But hey, if the second dress is something you can wear again, why not?

@melisande: thanks! I also like lollipop, a very bright red. But I thought it was discontinued… Oh, YSL is another love of mine, although I prefer Pilati. Oh well, no more new YSL (or SLP bag) for me since Slimane is on the helm, as I prefer to hunt for Pilati-era preloved ones in consignment stores. Which chain bag that you have in mind, BTW? Is it the WOC one?

@Betinapple: oooh, YSL mail clutch! So pretty! I wish I can learn to use my clutch more for daylight, like you!

I like vwey bright lipstick as well, and despite my constant eating, I found NARS audacious to be very nice and last quite a long time. The color payoff is TDF! Oh, I also like NARS velvet matte lipstick.

@Ta-ta: I will have to look into that - I don't think my dress will have it though, since the train isnt very long. Either way, I would hate to feel like changing on the day and not have the option, despite the fact that I love my dress and want to wear it for as long as possible. But if I am getting a 2nd dress, I will definetely be buying something I can wear over and over again - then it doesn't matter if I dont get to wear it on the day itself.

@Floodette: thank you! I am very happy with it - it is not the bag I use the most, but I have had it for three years and dreamt of it for twice as long, and I still love it, so I think it will be something I will keep for a looong time.

Thank you for the lipstick recommendations!

@Ta-ta: I will have to look into that - I don't think my dress will have it though, since the train isnt very long. Either way, I would hate to feel like changing on the day and not have the option, despite the fact that I love my dress and want to wear it for as long as possible. But if I am getting a 2nd dress, I will definetely be buying something I can wear over and over again - then it doesn't matter if I dont get to wear it on the day itself.

@Floodette: thank you! I am very happy with it - it is not the bag I use the most, but I have had it for three years and dreamt of it for twice as long, and I still love it, so I think it will be something I will keep for a looong time.

Thank you for the lipstick recommendations!

Betinapple I had a wedding dress with only a very small train and it had some built in hooks so it could be looped up afterwards. It was a really useful feature

Betinapple I had a wedding dress with only a very small train and it had some built in hooks so it could be looped up afterwards. It was a really useful feature

Thank you for the advice :flower: I am not sure whether that will work on my dress since the train is really short. I will have to ask the seamstress.

I had written a reply and it didn't get posted! On the road again, unsteady internet conditions.

@Ta-ta, the navy Lanvin skirt is gorgeous! I am looking for something casual, thinking maybe I should make another skirt since I have some nice fabric...we'll see. I hear you on the gold shoes...though it seems a pity not to wear them every day, they are so cute they deserve to be shown off :wink::heart:

Re lipstick: Floodette so glad to hear you wear red lipstick too! Like Ta-ta, I only wear MAC. It's the only red I've found so far that doesn't bleed, and stays put. I wear only two colours, Dubonnet or Russian Red (after filling the lips in with lip liner). For me it stays put at least half a day, even after eating a burger. But the Nars sounds great, looking forward to trying it out!

@Floodette re YSL bags, the large satchel, small satchel, matelassé, wallet on chain, with or without tassels, etc. etc....they are all cute and elegant. Yes, Betina's is lovely! I think it's fun and stylish to use a large clutch for daytime, though I got rid of mine recently. Now I have a teeny-tiny beaded clutch for dinners.

@Betina best of luck with the shoes! So exciting! (I have no idea how to use it but I'm on there, you can add me on Pinterest.) "had it for three years and dreamt of it for twice as long"...:wub::wub: You clearly are the rightful owner...may you have a long happy life together.

Now I REALLY want a Russian Red.... No bleeding after burger is definitely something that could work in my life! *munching cassava chips*

Last weekend I finally took the plunge and bought the belated bday present for me that is the lotus subeng (traditional earring). I will post it once I receive it, as it is sent from Bali.

My subeng is here!!!!

The details and workmanship is just awesome. They even carved the top part of the 'bottom', which basically noone could see!!! And the graet thing is that it is quite lightweight!

Attachments

• IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 7
^ Glad you're so happy with them :flower:

My exchange dress arrived, and the new size works. It's rather plain at the neckline, but I can try a necklace I rarely wear--rubies with a black and diamond pendant. I imagine it was intended to be worn with one of those spectacular costume pieces. I got an e-mail saying my shoe refund has been processed, but still waiting for the actual funds to show up. In the meantime, someone's returned a top I wanted ... and someone's bought the graffiti ballet flats I wanted in my size. Online shopping drama :wink:

Beautiful Floodette!! Congratulations!
Oh wow Ta-ta, drama indeed, good job keeping your cool through it all :cool:
I like plain necklines, they are very versatile with all sorts of necklaces or big earrings.

Been looking casually around the usual suspects for sales, nothing catches my fancy... good thing I bought the striped sweater full-price last month, and my long over-knee boots from the fall have grown comfy so they're happily and elegantly keeping me warm in sub-zero temps. So glad I planned ahead!

Just to say, yesterday my Russian Red was absolutely impeccable after eating a big salad with big clumsy leaves and dressing that went everywhere and having to dab constantly at my mouth with the napkin. So yes. But I would not wear red lipstick without a full base of good liner.

Hi everyone :flower:

I have been keeping up but sometimes it is hard to take the time to actually post... I'm officially "unemployed" as I quit my job to take care of heavy bureaucracy to get my new job :lol:

Regarding my Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet - I LOVE it. The leather feels amazingly smooth and the quality is definitely palpable. A great investment for sure, and the colours and style are so classic that I can definitely use it for years and years to come. Very, very pleased with the purchase.

Regarding lipsticks... like nail polish, I find that your mileage may vary (Opi is a brand that disappointed me but others find really good). I have never tried MAC, but my coworkers were often impressed at how some of my lipsticks didn't wear off during the day. I find Revlon's lipsticks very durable and comfortable to wear. I eat like three or four times during my work day and I never reapplied! I also have a Sephora lipstick I really like, and recently got Lord & Berry from my Look Fantastic beauty box subscription and it is really good as well.

My new job is near a huge shopping centre and I browsed a little the other day when I went to sign the contract... I finally found a leopard print button up I'd had my eye on for a while, nicely discounted (for 1/3 of the original price). One of my goals is to balance nicer quality items with items that are not as good, and I think it is working.

The thing with my new job is it has a bit of a dress code... but not too much. It's a well known international financial services group. Jeans for Casual Fridays only, no leggings (not a problem for me) and no sneakers (also cool with that). Everyone seems to wear non-obvious denim during the week however :lol: I want to get some skinny trousers... looking into those.

I've also bought a handbag "organiser" thing but I haven't used it yet as I've been relying heavily on my gym bag my boyfriend gave me for Christmas (as I'm mostly going out in order to go work out) and my British Museum tote bag for my wallet or a sandwich :lol:

Browsing yoox has given me a better idea of what designers I do like, but that site is a mess!

Also trying to wear more jewellery but I'm not sure what kinds I do like...

Thanks, Melisande and Tata. Now my next shopping list is south sea pearl stud.

Melisande, so you use liner? do you put the liner all over the lips to give the lipstick something to 'hang' to or really as a liner? I will try to pick up RR next time I'm in a mall.

Barbaraa, congrats on a new job! ahhhh nothing's better than having things you coveted with great discount!! love that feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->