The Business of Magazines

Camilla Nickerson is the contributing editor of Vogue now.

Vogue Paris Sales for 2019

February - Erika Linder: 88.008
March - Rianne Van Rompaey: 95.291
April - Adut Akech, Andreea Diaconu and Raquel Zimmermann: 90.125
May - Rianne Van Rompaey: 100.449
June/July - Gisele Bündchen: 136.237
August - Kate Moss: 119.071
September - Rianne van Rompaey: 114.567
October - Laurijn Bijnen: 94.576
November - Erika Linder: 79.378
December/January - Virginie Efira: 108.201

Vogue Paris Sales for 2020

February - Jill Kortleve: 78.215
March - Vittoria Ceretti and Rebecca Leigh Longendyke: 84.984
April - Marion Cotillard: 72.237
May/June - Bella Hadid and Gigi Hadid: 84.129

Source.

Oh wow, what a bad year for Vogue Paris (and magazines in general) so far. I hope sales picked up after that.

Those bella and Gigi figures are shockingly low, especially for a double issue...

These numbers are good considering the circumstances.

Credit where credit is due.

These numbers are good considering the circumstances.

Credit where credit is due.
Fair point but people still go shopping. In England magazines were nearly empty on the shelves at peak pandemic

Every year in November sales are tragic. Does anyone know the reason?

Whenever Gisele prints Vogue Paris is the best seller, Erika had both less sold. Will Alt give it a third chance?

And it wasn't anything to be proud of. Looks like he's off to a bad start...

I disagree. I thought that editorial produced the most stunning images I've seen of Lizzo thus far. Besides finding samples for a woman with Lizzo's figure is incredibly difficult, especially in a pandemic. Nazario deserves some props.

New York and the New Yorker have proven over the past 6-7 months that it's possible to publish great print covers during Covid

This. It’s a shame that every Conde Nast editor who published illustrated covers in like August-October, in particular, didn’t look up to their sibling New Yorker, a publication whose entire oeuvre of covers literally consists of only illustrations.

New Lydia Slater announced as the permanent editor of British Harper’s Bazaar:
Logical and well deserved. At least she's taking a path familiar with the Bazaar's audience who would not be thrilled about a major change in design and features, I believe. At least I wouldn't.

And Town and Country? Probably to cut down costs.
I have nothing against Lydia, but I expected a slightly bolder hire for Harper's. She'd be great at T&C though.

Harper's Bazaar and Town & Country were under the same editor when Picardie was in charge, they always seem to come as a pair. I think there was a brief moment when Tina Gaudoin took over from Justine at T&C, but then she left and it reverted back to both having the same editor, and this arrangement continues to the current day.

I love how it says Confirmed and not appointed. Its as if she were nominated and gone through a confirmation process. Amy Coney Barrett is quaking.

Congrats to her though

Oh wow, what a bad year for Vogue Paris (and magazines in general) so far. I hope sales picked up after that.
Is it though? Those are not such bad numbers for Vogue Paris, they usually really don't sell much, just have the hype, and reputation. Not unlike Vogue Italia, that famously sells so little they barely let numbers out publicly. But what truly shocks me is that Marion performed so badly for them, I mean that is seriously awful for a star like her. And it was such a beautiful cover!

Vogue Hong Kong Expands Into Men’s Coverage With Vogue Man

LONDON — Vogue Hong Kong, a licensing deal between Condé Nast and Rubicon Media Ltd., on Tuesday revealed the launch of Vogue Man, a biannual title to be released together with the April and September issues of Vogue Hong Kong.

Vogue Man Hong Kong will be the sixth Vogue men’s title following Vogue Hommes in France, L’Uomo Vogue in Italy, and Vogue Man in Arabia, Ukraine and the Netherlands. These titles aim to tap into men’s wear brands’ media budgets as well as offer coverage on streetwear, sartorial fashion, watches, automobiles, lifestyle and culture.

The editorial team will be led by creative director Grant Pearce and editorial director Jacky Tam, both of whom worked for GQ China, and various media titles in Asia. Vogue Hong Kong’s Peter Wong will be culture editor; Fiona Hayes design director; Sean Kunjambu style director, and Carson Chan watches and automobiles editor.

Pearce said his vision for Vogue Man Hong Kong is to “create a resource that invigorates a spirit and passion for men’s wear and the creative expression that goes into every design and new direction expressed.”

“Today, there is new freedom around the identity of a man with fashion and style playing a crucial part of this makeup. We will aim for Vogue Man to celebrate this with a well-curated authoritative voice,” he added.

Tam said, “Being a modern man is about creating your own individual style, having your own identity. The key to style is to be yourself and express your uniqueness. The idea of creating Vogue Man is to provide the resources one needs, and making everyone believe in who they are.”

Vogue Man Hong Kong will also be available in a digital format via Magzter, have a dedicated channel on its official site and roll out content on Vogue Hong Kong’s Instagram account from February 2021.

GQ Australia axes print edition in favour of 'digital-first' model

By Paige Murphy | 15 October 2020

GQ Australia will move to a new publishing model in 2021 evolving the premium men’s lifestyle brand to a digital-first future.

The brand will expand its digital offering, building out gq.com.au and its social, video and events offering; and launching e-commerce, new podcasts and a new daily newsletter.

The brand will also introduce a broader editorial strategy that will include increased content in tech, gaming and sport.

The digital transformation will see the final regular bi-monthly print edition of GQ Australia be the November/December 2020 issue.

“Making this decision with our licensor, Conde Nast, we are refocusing the brand and investing in digital because that’s where GQ Australia’s growth is coming from, and our new offering has been designed to make the brand accessible to more people," says Nicholas Gray, managing director The Australian, NSW and Prestige Titles.

“Moving to a digital-first model allows us to evolve the brand and deliver a more powerful offering of market-leading products and the very best consumer and client experience on whatever channel they choose, whether it is our owned platforms, on social or through events.”

Editorial director of GQ Australia, Vogue Australia and Vogue Living Edwina McCann says the decision was made based upon the magazine brand's male audience who are digitally focused. GQ's online audience grew 55.4% this year.

"It is particularly popular with the younger male audience, with three in 10 of its audience in any given month being aged 18 to 34," says McCann.

“E-commerce is an exciting area of growth for GQ Australia, Conde Nast recently launched a successful e-commerce ecosystem for GQ internationally and with their support we will follow suit in Australia in 2021.

“GQ Australia has always been a campaigning brand and we’re incredibly proud of our GQ Men of the Year Awards, which have recognised and celebrated so many extraordinary Australians for their work and achievements over the past 13 years, and that will continue.

“The GQ Big Ideas virtual event series we are currently running has resonated incredibly well with our audience and will culminate on 5 November with the GQ Big Ideas Summit. We will continue to lead in this space and have plans to introduce even more thought-provoking digital series tackling important issues.”

News Prestige Network retains the right to publish custom printed GQ Australia products.

The November/December 2020, on sale Monday, 9 November 2020, issue will be the final regular bi-monthly print edition of GQ Australia on newsstands.

According Nielsen's August 2020 Digital Content Ratings, GQ.com.au has a unique audience of 249,000 up 4.8% year-on-year and a social audience of 384,000.

Ad News.com.au

^They did not learn from Style.com infamous failure as an e-commerce site ? :rolleyes:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->