The Business of Magazines

Vogue PAris is trying hard to get popular by making stupid videos on Youtube/Instagram, all these videos do not match its Parisian taste as a leading high fashion magazine. Is it a sign that VP is trying to satisfy its mother company in NYC with some 'effort' and 'achievement', before it is getting closed?

Vogue PAris is trying hard to get popular by making stupid videos on Youtube/Instagram, all these videos do not match its Parisian taste as a leading high fashion magazine. Is it a sign that VP is trying to satisfy its mother company in NYC with some 'effort' and 'achievement', before it is getting closed?

Just saw it and you're right, so off-brand for them. LOL. I would never connect their IG page with the magazine. But what's with all the food pics, which oddly enough gets a lot of engagement.

They've all only just realised that they'll have to establish a digital arm beyond the magazine and website if they want to stay relevant to the public at large. Both British and French Vogue only recently caught onto this and it shows. It shows with how obvious they're going about doing sponsored content (too obvious imo). It shows with their rookie mistake of using the same Lana Condor and Jessica Jung video on all the CN European Vogue YT channels - but translated into different languages. Basically, like the video version of a reprint. What's hilarious is that you'll probably never see Lana Condor in French, Italian or even German Vogue.
This must be one of Edward's initiatives to unify the CN Europe and I'm not sure he's going about it the right way. Why not play to the identity of these magazines and create content that actually relates to that?

It's odd that American Vogue is lightyears ahead of everyone right now with series within their YT page and whatnot. Because they were one of the last magazines, if not the last magazine, to launch their own website. British Vogue launched in 1995, but American Vogue only got a digital presence in 2000. And I remember at the time it looked so outdated, like something done in Windows 95. And much worse, it was basically a category page under Style.com. LOL.

One more thing, I assume that CN and ANNA WINTOUR are working hard on digital stuff in a unified way, as you could tell that VP, VI, VUK, VUSA are basically using the same website templates at the moment. Local Autonomy is missed, this applies to the case of Vogue China, in which Wintour did not promote local Chinese stuff but hiring a Wintour Puppy all the way from Australia to rule the Vogue China team.

But I have to admit, this is so boring. Before that VI under Franca has a very tasteful website. Now? I can't tell the difference. To be honest, VP is a cool magazine and as the only version that uses a city name on the tile, it doesn't need to be a boring commercial one by doing something NON-FRENCH.

If VP and Emmanuelle must obey Queen Wintour by doing stupid videos, promoting stupid celebrity American Models (e.g. Gigi, Bella), I won't continue subscribing this magazine. There are Egoiste, Purple, Self-service magazines in Paris as well.

Just saw it and you're right, so off-brand for them. LOL. I would never connect their IG page with the magazine. But what's with all the food pics, which oddly enough gets a lot of engagement.

They've all only just realised that they'll have to establish a digital arm beyond the magazine and website if they want to stay relevant to the public at large. Both British and French Vogue only recently caught onto this and it shows. It shows with how obvious they're going about doing sponsored content (too obvious imo). It shows with their rookie mistake of using the same Lana Condor and Jessica Jung video on all the CN European Vogue YT channels - but translated into different languages. Basically, like the video version of a reprint. What's hilarious is that you'll probably never see Lana Condor in French, Italian or even German Vogue.
This must be one of Edward's initiatives to unify the CN Europe and I'm not sure he's going about it the right way. Why not play to the identity of these magazines and create content that actually relates to that?

It's odd that American Vogue is lightyears ahead of everyone right now with series within their YT page and whatnot. Because they were one of the last magazines, if not the last magazine, to launch their own website. British Vogue launched in 1995, but American Vogue only got a digital presence in 2000. And I remember at the time it looked so outdated, like something done in Windows 95. And much worse, it was basically a category page under Style.com. LOL.

I watched one of the videos in the VP youtube channel and I instantly thought it was so very frivolous, try hard and unaligned with the cool attitude of the print publication.

It was some workout video with the current face of Le Male...

I CANT BELEIVE THAT VOGUE PARIS IS MAKING VIDEOS WITH KPOP IDOLS ON YOUTUBE...
Which should be Vogue Japan, Hong Kong, Tawian and Korea-ish....
SERIOUSLY? KPOP? VP IS NO LONGER A COOL HIGH FASHION MAGAZINE....

I watched one of the videos in the VP youtube channel and I instantly thought it was so very frivolous, try hard and unaligned with the cool attitude of the print publication.

It was some workout video with the current face of Le Male...

The reality is that the socials of VP or in general of all the Vogue’s are not an extension of the magazine, it almost like an independent unity, it happens to all the versions some are very focus ob celebrities, etc. I know, should reflect the spirit but in these days i take it like this. Did Alt oversee the socials? Not sure, they have their own EIC. Some contents are specific for them, some are shared to all the editions. If we talk about Kpop, Vogue Us i remember started with CL long time ago and someone could say have nothing to do with the magazine. We live in the time where “likes” and “followers” are more valued. I still think you can get the digital attention without compromising your identity. you can get magazine and socials more in tune with an independent magazine.

If you like VP it doesn’t mean you are gonna enjoy their socials. And really some of them are really bad, VP is not the worst.

I CANT BELEIVE THAT VOGUE PARIS IS MAKING VIDEOS WITH KPOP IDOLS ON YOUTUBE...
Which should be Vogue Japan, Hong Kong, Tawian and Korea-ish....
SERIOUSLY? KPOP? VP IS NO LONGER A COOL HIGH FASHION MAGAZINE....

Question, if Vogue Paris makes videos with Arianna Grande, Beyonce, Adele, and all the other western artists, will VP be considered a cool high fashion magazine?

Cause I cannot fathom how featuring Kpop Idols would result to a magazine no longer being a cool high fashion magazine.

Domestically, in South Korea, kpop idols are the lowest class in the entertainment industry, as they cant act, they cant write songs, and even South Korean people respect more on true actors, and these actors look down on idols as well.

Can Beyonce, Adele write songs? You know the answer better.

Question, if Vogue Paris makes videos with Arianna Grande, Beyonce, Adele, and all the other western artists, will VP be considered a cool high fashion magazine?

Cause I cannot fathom how featuring Kpop Idols would result to a magazine no longer being a cool high fashion magazine.

Domestically, in South Korea, kpop idols are the lowest class in the entertainment industry, as they cant act, they cant write songs, and even South Korean people respect more on true actors, and these actors look down on idols as well.

Can Beyonce, Adele write songs? You know the answer better.

Hmmm. so your standards are: can act, can write songs, and being revered by actors. However, these standards alienate and disqualify more than half of Western artists who get to be featured on these types of videos, and worse even gets the cover.

Adele can write, but can she act? Disqualified.
Beyonce can reasonably write a song, but can she act? As a die-hard Beehive, she's a pedestrian actress. Disqualified.
Rihanna isn't known to write her own songs, and is a pedestrian actress. Disqualified.
Mariah can write, but we all know what happened to Glitter. Disqualified.
and the list goes on.

And just because they're allegedly the 'lowest class in the entertainment industry' doesn't mean the world sees it that way. There's a reason why Prada, Burberry ++ book them.

From where I'm standing, the issue here seems to be the fact that they're Korean idols and for that reason alone.

Before you point fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Teen Vogue staffer who opposed hiring of Alexi McCammond tweeted N-word

Yet Davitt — who calls herself a “queer fat filipinx femme in brooklyn” in her Instagram bio — still had up old posts of her own in which she repeatedly dropped the N-word, Fox said.

She at least twice referred to a friend — who appears to be white — as a “n” in 2009, and the next year also used the word “n” in a joke tweet, Fox said, of messages since made private.
nypost

Why is Fox News so obsessed with this story? LOL. I thought it's done now. She resigned, or got sacked, or it was a mutual agreement for her to leave. But it's done. Nothing they'll do or expose will get CN to rehire her.

Why is Fox News so obsessed with this story? LOL. I thought it's done now. She resigned, or got sacked, or it was a mutual agreement for her to leave. But it's done. Nothing they'll do or expose will get CN to rehire her.

I think it's part of the their narrative of 'Liberal hypocrisy'. They do enjoy these kinds of stuff tbh.

Anna Wintour to cast wide net for Alexi McCammond replacement

Keith J. Kelly
5-6 minutes
It’s back to the drawing board for Anna Wintour.

Although there were a handful of other candidates in the running to take over Teen Vogue before Wintour’s top pick of Alexi McCammond blew up in her face, the Condé Nast chief content officer won’t be defaulting to a runner-up, sources said.

The long-time editor-in-chief of Vogue and inspiration for the film “The Devil Wears Prada” wants to vet more candidates before making a final call, which means it could be awhile before she finds a replacement for McCammond, who resigned in a storm of controversy last week, sources said.

“I think something about the way this went down has made Anna Wintour want to cast a wider net,” said a source familiar with the process. “I think the trick now is finding someone who will be willing to inherit the scandal, be able to appease advertisers who paused their spending and build on the equity of justice reporting that Teen Vogue is known for.”

Sources say Wintour had backed McCammond’s hiring almost until the very end, hoping that controversial anti-Asian tweets, which the company had known about in the hiring process, would not become an issue.

The tweets, which referenced “Asian eyes” and a “stupid Asian” teacher’s assistant, dated to 2011 during McCammond’s freshman year in college at the University of Chicago. McCammond, now 27, first apologized for the deleted the tweets when they first surfaced two years as an Axios political reporter.

Alexi McCammond resigned in a storm of controversy last week.
Courtesy of Conde Nast
But backlash was harsh after Condé Nast announced it would be putting McCammond in charge of editorial staffers for the first time in her career at a time of surging violence against Asians, including last week’s mass killings in Atlanta. Advertisers pulled out and she resigned.

“My understanding is that Condé was very behind Alexi up until the resignation and that Anna was really upset at the turn of events,” one source said.

Now the disastrous turn of events has media watchers predicting what, if any, long-term damage this might create for Wintour, who continues to wield ever more power at Condé Nast despite harsh criticisms over her handling of race and diversity issues in the past.

“She’s 70 years old, but she still seems to be expanding her responsibilities,” said an insider who noted that she was recently promoted from artistic director of US Condé Nast to chief content officer with global responsibility. “We were all kind of hoping her responsibilities by now would have been becoming more symbolic but instead she’s adding to them,” this person added.

Back in June 2020, a group of black journalists called on Wintour to resign over her propensity to hire thin white staffer with ties to the upper class. Wintour at the time acknowledged her past shortcomings in a companywide memo and pledged to make more diverse hires.

And for about a day following the March 5 news of her tapping McCammond, Wintour appeared to be in keeping with that promise. McCammond, who has tangled with everyone from Donald Trump to Charles Barkley, was tagged by the National Association of Black Journalists as the emerging journalist of the year in 2019.

Author and blogger Steve Blacker, who consulted with Condé Nast in the 1990s, sees the McCammond pick at a time of rising anti-Asian sentiment as pure foolishness. “It shows Condé Nast to be a bunch of bumbling clowns,” Blacker said. “Why didn’t [CEO] Roger Lynch step in say let’s look at more candidates?”

But other sources are brushing off any concerns of damage to Wintour’s reputation, noting that she’s no stranger to controversy. “Anna is impervious, I doubt this is going to affect her in any way.”

Though originally designed as a fashion and cosmetic title for teens when it launched in 2003, the monthly mag soon became known for covering complex political, sex and social justice issues following its conversion to digital-only in 2017.

But Lindsay Peoples Wagner, who spearheaded much of that coverage, recently exited as top editor to return to New York magazine as editor of The Cut, its fashion and style vertical. The No. 2 editor, Samhita Mukhopadhyay, who also played a key role in the social issues coverage under Peoples Wagner, was on her way out at the same time, telling friends she planned to write a book. Her last day was Friday.

Meanwhile, Wintour is expected to largely look outside the Condé empire for a new chief. “Anna likes to look outside,” said one Condé Nast veteran on the inside, “because she wants someone to shake things up.”

Dang... who knew Teen Vogue was even in print until this whole thing happen. I will say it has shown the double standard that racism towards Asians receives. At the worst possible time, I may add. CN can’t seem to do anything right these days.

One more thing, I assume that CN and ANNA WINTOUR are working hard on digital stuff in a unified way, as you could tell that VP, VI, VUK, VUSA are basically using the same website templates at the moment. Local Autonomy is missed, this applies to the case of Vogue China, in which Wintour did not promote local Chinese stuff but hiring a Wintour Puppy all the way from Australia to rule the Vogue China team.

But I have to admit, this is so boring. Before that VI under Franca has a very tasteful website. Now? I can't tell the difference. To be honest, VP is a cool magazine and as the only version that uses a city name on the tile, it doesn't need to be a boring commercial one by doing something NON-FRENCH.

If VP and Emmanuelle must obey Queen Wintour by doing stupid videos, promoting stupid celebrity American Models (e.g. Gigi, Bella), I won't continue subscribing this magazine. There are Egoiste, Purple, Self-service magazines in Paris as well.

Bella and Gigi should be the least of your concerns, they have Lana Condor, the girl from Euphoria, and Tyga on their youtube lmao

Bella and Gigi should be the least of your concerns, they have Lana Condor, the girl from Euphoria, and Tyga on their youtube lmao

Yikes, even Tyga! For all the huffing and puffing about Kim K, they now feature someone with an active Only Fans account on their YouTube page? Where's that so-called French class....

French class? It disappeared when Carine Roitfeld landed in USA with her new business and her son became a US citizen

Yikes, even Tyga! For all the huffing and puffing about Kim K, they now feature someone with an active Only Fans account on their YouTube page? Where's that so-called French class....

ExpH7xOVIAQNiFI.jpg

Vogue Man Hong Kong Debuts “Parasite” Star Park Search Engine Optimization Jun Covers – WWD
By Jack Last updated Mar 29, 2021

LONDON – Vogue Hong Kong will be releasing the first edition of its Vogue Man men’s clothing range on Monday. The “Parasite” star Park Seo Jun is on the two front pages, while Louis Vuitton, designed by Virgil Abloh, is on both.

The local edition, a license agreement between Condé Nast and Rubicon Media Ltd., announced last October that the biannual title would be published along with the April and September editions of Vogue Hong Kong. This makes it the sixth men’s Vogue title after Vogue Hommes in France, L’Uomo Vogue in Italy and Vogue Man in Arabia, Ukraine and the Netherlands.

Grant Pearce, creative director of Vogue Man Hong Kong, said it takes a little courage to get a title out at a very difficult time. Pearce worked on GQ launches in Australia, Japan and China and is a former Condé Nast veteran. He left the company in late 2019 and moved back to Sydney from Shanghai.

“For example, I received a very nice answer from Mr Giorgio Armani, who was basically so happy that a men’s magazine was started and not closed. I think that’s what people around the world are very supportive of in general – something that tries to spark interest in fashion and encourage fashion, but in a traditional way.

“The support has been pretty good if you look at the advertisers … It’s pretty strong and it also suggests that people are not giving up on Hong Kong, people are actually supporting Hong Kong and I think that’s a wonderful message from the market. Hong Kong is a really great city and we want it to continue to be a great city, ”said Pearce.

He added that while the cover choice is not his choice, it sends a clear message that this local edition is aimed “to resonate beyond Hong Kong.” Park is one of the most visited South Korean actors on Instagram with 17.56 million fans.

The issue also features model Jordan Barrett, new “Gossip Girl” star Evan Mock, the Thai romantic comedy drama “2Gether”, starring Metawin Opas-iamkajorn and Vachirawit Chiva-aree, and aspiring Hong Kong actor Terrance Lau.

“Right now I’m thinking from a fashion, music and development perspective [South] Korea is making progress. Yeah, it could have been someone from Hong Kong on the cover of course, but I got the feeling that … it was about how we break into the market and one of the important things we all have to think about now is how Are you leaving Germany and going abroad? “, he said.

Pearce acknowledged that Vogue Man Hong Kong is keen to bring a new story to the market as local competitors like Tatler have put many Hong Kong celebrities and personalities on the cover.

“You want to look different because it’s very easy to look the same. There are already strong men’s titles in Hong Kong, ”he added. “If you look at the content of the fashion pages in particular. It’s a very strong group of up-and-coming talent and everyone agreed to be a part of it because we have a global approach. We really wanted to try to find people who were successful ourselves and we wanted to do that with the celebrity mix. “

Also, given the strong and forward-thinking local fashion consumption in the city, Pearce believes that a Vogue Man concept is more appropriate than a general interest title in the Hong Kong market.

“I think niche products are much more suitable than in general because men have become much more confident in their demeanor, in the way they dress and groom themselves. That doesn’t mean you can’t have a GQ in the same market. It’s a different consumer, ”he said. “Even when you think of Hong Kong retail, stores like IT and Joyce have been so strong and supportive of men’s designer fashion. These are the customers who will buy this magazine. “

The title is run by a small team. Pearce hopes that the first issue will be well received and that Vogue Man Hong Kong will eventually develop its own presence across all channels.

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-29 a las 20.12.07.png

Source: Central Marketing News

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->