The Devil Wears Prada Movie

:o you contemplated?? This is a fashionista's "must see" on her itinerary B)

LoveMyBoots said:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this film, but after I saw the commercial praising Meryl Streep's performance I have to see it.

What was that line about giving it a try and "hiring the smart, fat girl?" :rofl:

Loved the movie. Meryls character was almost frightening...
My friend Ryan said she made him want to "crawl back into the womb"

LoveMyBoots said:
:woot: I've been searching that song for a while, even before "Prada." Thanks so much!

:clap: Glad to see KT has lots of fans here. It's my favourite KT song from the album, although my new favourite is Hollywood Hills which she has played live a few times.

I wish this film would hurry up and come out here, I really want to see it!

:huh: I thought the soundtrack was scheduled to be out on the 11th. I checked a few places this week and have not found it yet.

you should've gotten it in your area. i assume you're in florida given by your "walt disney..." location? new york city already has it. you can also get a download of the soundtrack on iTunes but like everyone has said, KT Tunstall's "suddenly i see" is not included but you can download it under KT Tunstall lists of songs.

Ianastar said:
:huh: I thought the soundtrack was scheduled to be out on the 11th. I checked a few places this week and have not found it yet.

I adore the soundtrack, when I heard the opening notes of Vogue I almost squealed in excitement.

I loved this movie, the fashion was even better than I could've imagined. Absolutely wonderful. Miranda was TDF, and I saw alot of myself in her.

The ending shocked me, what a dumb b*tch, Im sorry, I wouldve b*tch slapped her if I knew anyone was doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see Miranda's points. Being a woman in the corporate world where men hold reigns, control the boardroom, washroom, bedroom, et.al. , being an executive and a woman at that, tough skin, rogueness and smarts is crucial B)

The Devil Wears Prada

Anybody see that movie, Devil Wears Prada? I thought it gave an interesting insight into the whole fashion industry, was wondering what others thought of the movie.

smartarse said:
^ It was better than the book B)

I did too. I thought the movie did a much better job and seeing the different facets of the other characters. The book was interesting for its gossip factor (i.e. what Anna Wintour might be like), but the movie was more of a completly developed story. I can't help but think that Laura W may have wished she wrote the book more like the movie. I have read her other book "Everyone Worth Knowing" and again it is fun piece of chick lit, but I wouldn't call her a great writer.

I want to see the movie again :D

smartarse said:
you should've gotten it in your area. i assume you're in florida given by your "walt disney..." location? new york city already has it. you can also get a download of the soundtrack on iTunes but like everyone has said, KT Tunstall's "suddenly i see" is not included but you can download it under KT Tunstall lists of songs.

Yeah...........I downloaded the KT song already. and really wanted to get the actual CD instead of downloading it all on iTunes. It's going on my ipod anyways, so maybe I'll just do that.

I even went to the HUGE Virgin Music store at Downtown Disney last night, and the didnt have it either. WTF??

Im going to mall this afternoon, so I'll check the music shops there as well.

I saw the movie and just went on itunes to download the soundtrack. I do not recognize many of the songs. Can anyone recommend any good ones on the soundtrack (aside from Vogue, of course!)?

Here are some of my favorites:

Tres Tres Chic
Crazy (Alanis Morissette)
How Come
Sleep
and the U2 song

...and to add, BEAUTIFUL by Moby! :woot: :heart:

sarah13 said:
Here are some of my favorites:

Tres Tres Chic
Crazy (Alanis Morissette)
How Come
Sleep
and the U2 song

Hey everyone! I just watched this movie today and I absolutely loved it! I loved everything about it from the clothes to Meryl's performance. It was pure perfection and I couldn't have imagined it being played by anyone but Meryl and Anne Hathaway.

I also have a question about a song in the movie. Does anyone know the name of the song that is playing when "Andrea" first finds out she has the chance to go to paris but is conflicted whether she should go or not (right after she leaves "Miranda's house" and is walking through the street at night ?

thanks ! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->