The Devil Wears Prada Movie

I saw it I liked it
Loved meryl ! she's awesome :woot:

I know it's just the tittle but I saw lot more chanel going on than actually prada lol

I sooooo want to see this, but my friend isn't much of a girly-girl, so is there any way I can convince her to see it?

^I have the same problem:( I might try and persuade my mum to come with me instead

I Read It Know...i Have To Finish The Book Before I Will See The Movie...

Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the movie? It had a few funny moments, but was quite bland in that regard.

And Anne Hathaway bugs the hell out of me. I'm sure she's a lovely person, but I can't stand the girl. Ugh.

I didnt like it either. It was pretty much what one might expect of it. Nothing that you'll remember within 20 minutes after walking out of the cinema.

^ Yes. There is no chance that I'll be watching it again.

I don't like Anne either. My mom actually refused to see the movie because she cannot stand her at all. I am not sure what Anne ever did to my mother! :lol: Anyway, I STILL liked the movie but it was mainly for the clothes, hair, makeup, jewelry, and accessories. :P

meryl is the only reason to see this movie- fashion wise the assistants seem to dress better= that white prada bag at the start was fairly awful..

What a dissapointment, I just can't believe it. Firstly; Chrsitian = My God, Ugly Fug. I was so looking forward to him, I was thinking, oo dark hair maybe, a little beard, curly hair? But I see this chunky blonde frump with crows feet and discoloured brows. It was just small things like Alex being called 'Nate', and I had this vision of Lily and it was not met. The film totally went down a different route, Alex was supposed to take a break from her, but she hopped into bed with Chrisitian! Why Why Why? That angered me, I actually cried a little at one point because I felt so let down. And I re-read the final scenes of the book so many times (where she telles Miranda where to go) and it was totally side-stepped!!!!!!! Miranda and Andrea were NOT supposed to part that way, I know they have to alter things so it'll run with the audience but that whole thing about Miranda being replaced???? That confused the hell out of me, I just didnt undertand the incentive. I know I'm blabbing but really I feel like one of my friends had just grossly let me down. Clothes were...OK. Nothing great, altough about three of those outfits I am already half way through re-creating. I think Emily Blunt was V. good, Anne wasn't bad either, just not amazing. I wish there was more about the pre-Paris make-over too, when she is explaining all the different looks and pieces, and I think most of the evening looks were terrible. And the icing on the cake was when she threw her Sidekick into the pool, my heart went into minor spasm.

seen it! Love It! Cannot wait for the DVD! I think Ill ask Santa for it!

Seen it luv it! Meryl Streep character was based loosely on Anna Wintour. It just makes me wondered is she really that sadistic?

:heart:

Saw it, liked a bit. It's just that freakin' Hollywood mania of making even the msot cruel dictators look a little more human. Damn you, producers!

I was disappointed!! I expected it to be so much better, but I enjoyed watching the clothes, shoes, & accessories used in the movie

I have seen it in July, I really liked the fashion styling, and esp. Miranda's arrogant, cold, strong and powerful business women character (odd enough).
But true, I have already forgot about the story already.

Erin said:
Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the movie? It had a few funny moments, but was quite bland in that regard.

And Anne Hathaway bugs the hell out of me. I'm sure she's a lovely person, but I can't stand the girl. Ugh.

I wasn't either. It was ...well...okay for a lazy Saturday afternoon when you don't want to have to work your mind too much but other than that, it was disappointing after all the hype.
I must say Meryl Streep was really an ice cold b*tch! And I mean that as a compliment 100% :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->