The Devil Wears Prada Movie

it really was a great movie! anne hathaway wore really fantastic ensembles when she changed. i loved the outfit she wore when meryl streep noticed it for the first time - knee high leather boots, black tights, a short black dress, a long black coat and gold necklaces. i want an outfit like that.

and who thought nate, adrian grenier looked like a hairy guy + jessica stam + pivovarova??

28.jpg

00530m.jpg

00410m.jpg

Possible spoilers!

I read the book first, then saw the movie, and must say (along with many other people) that they did some dramatic changes to the book's storyline, few of them positive. Especially Andy's friends, they all seemed so dull and irrelevant? Her boyfriend appeared like a total nobody in the movie too.

Then again, Miranda's role was really good. She built up that strong, cold vibe really well. I guess she was the best actress here. Anyway, it would have been fun to see the film version not sacrifice so much from the book.

Possible spoilers!

I just came back from seeing it, and I agree with those that have criticised the outfits. I expected more really. Anne Hathaway's character just seemed to wear a lot of black Chanel. I think that the girl who plays Emily is definitely the best thing about the movie.

One thing I thought was interesting was the rivalry between Miranda Priestly and the editor of French Runway. I'm not sure if it was completely fictional, but I never thought Anna Wintour and Carine Roitfeld particularly hated each other.

Yes, I thought that was a long time between theatre release and dvd...Maybe a big Christmas promo??:unsure:

I thought this movie was good up untill the crappy ending which was stupid. and i also hated the fact that the boyfriend took her back even though she cheated on him, and perhaps didnt tell him?

but anne hathaday had very stylish clothes on and those styles suited her well, made her very classy

*Possible spoilers*

What I don't understand about the ending: Right before her interview, when Andy meets with Nate, she's wear a black shirt, brown leather jacket, jeans, and boots over the jeans. It doesn't look like all of the beautiful outfits she wore while working at Runway, but it is a little more fashion-y than her first outfits. When Nate says, "You're wearing that?", is he referring to the fact that she isn't wearing designer, that she's wearing jeans to an interview, or something I'm missing entirely? Are we supposed to think she's taken anything, in a superficial sense, from her experience at Runway? Are am I just reading into this with an overactive imagination?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->