The Fashion Spot Top 50 Models F.K.A. Top 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this points sytem work, for example how many points do you allocate to an editorial as opposed to a runway appearance.

I think this points should be organized by the importance of the campaign or editorial, or it is, I don't know

^ that is coreect...for instance a one girl ed in Vogue Italia is 35 points...a one girl ed in Vogue US is 25...a one girl ad for Prada is 35 a one girl ad for Max Mara is 25...runway: 10 points given per 10 shows done...open/close is 2 points extra, one of the 20 biggest shows is another 5 points (dior, chanel, prada, marc jacobs etc) less high end campaigns such as benetton is 15...if you would like to see the full overview of points given i'll post it here...

^ that is coreect...for instance a one girl ed in Vogue Italia is 35 points...a one girl ed in Vogue US is 25...a one girl ad for Prada is 35 a one girl ad for Max Mara is 25...runway: 10 points given per 10 shows done...open/close is 2 points extra, one of the 20 biggest shows is another 5 points (dior, chanel, prada, marc jacobs etc) less high end campaigns such as benetton is 15...if you would like to see the full overview of points given i'll post it here...
I'll be interested in seeing, though an only girl ad for Prada really should be worth more than an only girl ed in any magazine IMO. And I might even put an only girl ed in US Vogue worth more than VI because Vogue US tends to be more "exclusive" and rarely use a variety of models. But then again, Trentini would be racking up points big time then! :lol:

Ok, so pardon my previous post...I was drunk and not at home :P So basically everything I said was not true, because I had already changed the count after November's listing.

The point of the count is to divide the total count into six major parts: 1 part runway season, one part seasonal ads, and 4 parts magazine work of the current and previous three months. For the next list that'll mean January, December, November and October. To give every part the same weight, this means that the max pointing for each job done is more or less the same.

As to the remark about Vogue US being worth more than something in Vogue Italia, I resent that. For instance, Models.com would more likely report on a girl doing a stint for Vogue Italia, that a studioshoot for Vogue US. We, as modelista's, rev more about a girl being in Vogue Italia that in Vogue US. Ergo, it gives more allure and stature to appear in Vogue Italia then in US....therefor it is worth more. However, a model cover for Vogue US is worth most of all, because that rarely happens and when it does the crowd goes wild (think back to last May).

On a last note, minor points are given out to things such as being on the Models.com Top 50, appearing in the Style.com Top Ten New Girls list or such untouchable things as creating hype or explode in the Paris runway season (think Hilary Rhoda a few years back, or girls like Edita Vilkeviciute and Karlie Kloss this season). I do this because I recognise that these things also have influence on girls' careers, albeit minor

I'll just post how the counting works, so you can see for yourself how it works. Note that this is my vision on the importance of different modeling jobs. Others might have different views, these are just mine. There is no perfect list, I only strive to get as close to perfection as can get. Questions or remarks, please post them and I'll see what I will do with them :wink: :

Magazinecovers

Vogue US OG: 50
Vogue US MG: 40
W, Numero, V Magazine, Vogue UK, Paris, Italia OG: 40
W, Numero, V Magazine, Vogue UK, Paris, Italia MG : 30
ID Magazine, POP Magazine, Vogue China, Nippon, Russia OG : 30
ID Magazine, POP Magazine Vogue China, Nippon, Russia MG : 25
Other Vogue editions OG : 20
Other Vogue editions MG: 15
Other magazines: 15
Supplement covers : magazine’s worth minus 10

Magazine editorials

Numero, V Magazine, Vogue Paris, Italia OG: 30
Numero, V Magazine, Vogue Paris, Italia MG : 25
Vogue US, UK, ID Magazine, W OG : 25
Vogue US, UK, ID Magazine, W MG : 20
Other Vogue editions: 15
Other magazines: 10
Supplement editorials: magazine’s worth minus 10
Multiple editorials in one magazine: 5
Reprints: 5

Beauty or perfume advertisements

L’Oreal, Maybelline, Estee Lauder etc contracts: 50
L’Oreal, Maybelline, Estee Lauder etc ads: 35
High fashion perfume: 30
High fashion beauty: 20
Other brands: 10

Fashion advertisements

Only-girl big high fashion brands: 40
Multi-girl big high fashion brands: 30
Medium high fashion brands: 25
Commercial big fashion brands: 20
Commercial or small high fashion brands: 10
Big commercial brands: 7

Runwayshows

Over 70 shows in one season: 50
Over 60 shows in one season: 40
Over 50 shows in one season: 30
Over 40 shows in one season: 20
Over 30 shows in one season: 10
Over 20 shows in one season: 5
Vicotoria’s Secret: 5
Shows from the big ones*: 5
Opening or closing: 2

Exclusivity

Prada/MiuMiu, Calvin Klein: 20
Photographers: 20
Marc Jacobs/Marc by Marc, Balenciaga, Jil Sander: 15
Other brands: 10
Magazines: 10

Other:

Buzz or hype: 15
Paris runway explosion: 10
Style.com or Models.com top ten: 10
Models.com Top 50: 10
Upcoming big time ad, cover or ed: 5

* Big ones per city:

New York:
  • Marc Jacobs
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs
  • Calvin Klein
  • Michael Kors
  • Proenza Schouler
Milan:
  • Prada
  • Jil Sander
  • Gucci
  • Burberry Prorsum
  • Dolce & Gabbana
Paris :
  • Balenciaga
  • Christian Dior
  • Louis Vuitton
  • MiuMiu
  • Chanel
  • Lanvin
  • Givenchy
  • Yves Saint Laurent
  • Alexander McQueen
  • Valentino

LOL. I thought Ralph Lauren would be in the top 5 of New York too but then again I'm not sure, I know the big shows but I don't where they'd be ranked :P

Again, that one came in sixth :P

And PS: This Top 75 completely excludes girls like Gisele, Amber, Linda, Claudia, Carolyn, Naomi, Carmen, etc....

I don't think you should count up-coming work, I think the list should pertain to what they "have" done, because who knows what another girl has up-coming, as not all news makes it to the net, and really it's in limbo, e.g. Egle was supposed to be in Gianfranco Ferre ads, and Freja got, and Karlie was supposed to be on the cover of Teen Vogue, but Chanel and Ali Michael were also on it. Also hype shouldn't be worth more than Victoria secret appearance or a cover of lets say Vogue Greece, because the latter is substantial whereas not everyone "gets" the hype, and a girl can be over-rated, hype doesn't really exist in the world the same way as a cover does, for example how do you gauge hype? Who had more hype Catherine or Georgia? You can't really compare, the way you can compare a Vogue India cover with a Vogue Portugal cover, models live for covers and contracts not hype. Only my opinions though, compared to other lists this one certainly is brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been rethinking the upcoming work thing as well...in fact I don't even remember giving points for it more than twice...thanks for pointing that out.

I think hype is worth more than the VS show and definetly noteworthy in a list like this. VS shows don't really improve your popularity under high fashion clients, but do increase your popularity under the public. Hype has no effect on the public, but has huge effect on high fashion clients and us as well. Girls that got points for hype this past runway season are Siri, Meghan and Toni (I forgot if I gave it to Adina, I don't think I did). Siri was bound to all the shows even before the castings started and it came true. For Meghan the same thing counted as all the internet sources went carzy on her before showseason. However, her success stayed behind on the runway BUT it got true in printwork. Toni generated a huge buzz after her CK thingy...Thusfar, I only have one candidate to get hype points for coming season and that is Abbey Lee Kershaw, as industry insiders such as MDC and COACD would prob agree with.

There's not really anyone but Abbey getting any hype. MDC has reported that Nadia De Haan seems to be a potential star, same with Fabienne but I'm not sure we can go by MDC. I also read on the clotheshorse blog that Zuzanna @ Supreme is an option for the Prada opening slot. Just giving my two cents :lol:

Looking at how the whole ranking system works, I've really got to hand it to you, Mr-Dale! :clap: I think that your system is much better than the one at MDC and you've done a great job of organizing all these models. :shock: :woot:

The graphic rankings are gorgeous as well! :winkiss:

^Oh I didn't know that thanks! I guess I'll have that filed under 'Other brands' :flower:

And thanks for the nice words kissmesweet :blush:

I need your advice for next month's list. As I said September is left out of the counting for January which already stirs the list up quite drastically...but my dilemma concerns the ads. Do you think I should leave out the points for the FW 0708 campaign and count only SS 08 campaigns, even if they are not yet published. Or should I still count the FW 0708 campaigns and add the SS 08 campaigns that have been published already (or also those that have not been)....or perhaps there are other options?

I am asking this because the sudden transition from FW 0708 to SS 08 has extreme effects already on the list and leaving out September adds to that. Plus, January has a lot of doublemonth issues (Dec/Jan) which have already been given in December...so there will be no huge ammounts of points given out to make up for the loss of September (the wait is still on VI of course). I just want the transition to be more smoothly instead of so drastic. Perhaps I should still count September but then only half of those points as an exception? I'm grateful for every feedback :D

Ok, I have done some tests and I think that I am most satisfied about a smooth transition when I add the SS 08 campaigns that are out already onto the FW 0708 ad-points. I'll do the same for Feb and then in March when the first new runwaypoints will be out I'll delete the FW 0708 ads from the counting and add the full SS 08 list. :flower:

Fantastic work, Mr-Dale! I think your system is quite fair and definitely exctremely comprehensive. Bravo for this list, it's probrably one of the most accurate out there :D!

The amount of work that msut've gone into this is astounding :ninja:....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->