The Interior Decor Thread! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that somehow I missed several posts in this thread :wacko: . runner, the ghost lamp you posted is cool!

that lamp is a really good find....

just make your own 'customized' table faust... :wink: :lol:

i'm thinking of painting something on my walls or doors... :innocent:

"By Mathmos, Aduki is a rechargable light that changes color.
Available in Blue/Red, Green/Blue or Red/Green"

img_0204157293_lg.jpg

Somethings I'd like to post.

'Flower' tables, by Christine Schwarzer, for Swedese.

'Silhuett' table lamp, by Olof Kolte, for Örsjö Belysning.

Ever since we first set eyes on the 'Ring My Bell' bell for Skultuna in W*50, we have been close followers of designer Olof Kolte. This year, Kolte has given brass the brush-off and moved on to lighting for Örsjö Belysning, yet another solid Swedish establishment. Made out of steel with a little brass arm to adjust the height, this delicately framed desk lamp is laser-cut, folded and powder-coated, to create a silhouette so simple it can be combined with a whole smörgåsbord of lampshades.

All those years of accompanying the mother to the antique furniture dealerships is paying off.

I did like the shaker movement, but you've heard loads of people say that.
Persian Rugs, Russian rugs. Tomorrow, I'll share my thoughts on rugs

Guys, I'm getting a bargain opportunity on this coffee table from B&B Italia, but I'm ambivalent. What do you think about it (the one in the background)?

A1_TCH.jpg

Originally posted by faust@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:54 pm
Guys, I'm getting a bargain opportunity on this coffee table from B&B Italia, but I'm ambivalent. What do you think about it (the one in the background)?

A1_TCH.jpg
faust...I LOVE IT!!!....yes...i love it...clean simple lines...beautiful wood with just a touch of chrome...mmm...sexy.... :blush: :innocent:

i love the darker wood.... :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:01 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:01 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:54 pm

A1_TCH.jpg
faust...I LOVE IT!!!....yes...i love it...clean simple lines...beautiful wood with just a touch of chrome...mmm...sexy.... :blush: :innocent:

i love the darker wood.... :heart: [/b][/quote]
Hmmm, ok, ok, I'm going to check it out B) The price is too good to pass up.

Originally posted by faust@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:54 pm
nice indeed
by the way I will get the second Muji's aluminum table (in small size).

this "Hangman" as well if possible.

Originally posted by runner@Jun 17th, 2004 - 1:31 am

by the way I will get the second Muji's aluminum table (in small size).

which muji talbe are you talking about runner?...did i miss something?... :unsure:

you didn't anything. (just PM faust before)

I'm sure this muji table is very good, softgrey

it's very nice runner...

i also have a metal table... :flower:

Originally posted by faust+Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (faust @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:01 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-faust
@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:54 pm
Guys, I'm getting a bargain opportunity on this coffee table from B&B Italia, but I'm ambivalent.  What do you think about it (the one in the background)?

A1_TCH.jpg

Hmmm, ok, ok, I'm going to check it out B) The price is too good to pass up. [/b][/quote]
damn, it will be too big for my living room. It's 5' by 5'. Softie, you want it? Price is right :P

Originally posted by faust+Jun 17th, 2004 - 10:11 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (faust @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 10:11 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by faust@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:08 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-faust
Guys, I'm getting a bargain opportunity on this coffee table from B&B Italia, but I'm ambivalent.  What do you think about it (the one in the background)?

A1_TCH.jpg

damn, it will be too big for my living room. It's 5' by 5'. Softie, you want it? Price is right :P [/b][/quote]
how much?... :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 17th, 2004 - 10:25 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 10:25 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by faust@Jun 17th, 2004 - 10:11 am
Originally posted by faust@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:08 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-faust

A1_TCH.jpg

damn, it will be too big for my living room. It's 5' by 5'. Softie, you want it? Price is right :P
how much?... :innocent: [/b][/quote]
$400 (probably negotiable). it's probably around $2k in a store.

Originally posted by Pradaromance12+Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pradaromance12 @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blumarine@Jun 14th, 2004 - 10:40 pm
Ever since I saw the Louis Ghost chair by Stack I've lusted after them!

:buzz: :wub: :heart: , i need one.... :blush: :heart: [/b][/quote]
oh yeah....me too.

i really want the nelson starburst clock as well.

and i still need an overhead hanging lamp for my bedroom...never picked one out. i was thinking nelson bubble saucer.

hmmm....

Last edited by a moderator:
more case

WITH the onset of Royal Ascot this week, Philip Treacy is busier than ever with his hats, but he has plenty of plans to expand in the future. The Irish milliner had his first taste of furniture design when he came up with the Portrait Chair for Habitat's 40th birthday party, which showcased designs from the likes of Manolo Blahnik, Kristen Scott Thomas, Helena Christensen, Louis de Berniere and Ewan MacGregor in Piccadilli's In and Out Club last week. And he'll definitely be going back for more. "It was the start of things to come," says Treacy. "It makes perfect sense. My hats are inspired by shape, form, proportion and balance and furniture is the logical next project because anything three-dimensional has a sensibility to all those disciplines." (June 16 2004, AM vogue.uk)

this is an instance to the contrary.
Italian interior designer Vincenzo De Cotiis launched a small fashion label called Haute as "pure fun".

Born in 1958, the boho-looking architect graduated from the Milan Polytechnic after art studies. Working mainly, style-wise, with the play of surfaces and materials, he has made his name with a handful of private homes and fashionable boutiques - the directional, light-bathed Antonia in Milan, Tessabit in Como, the organic yet linear Sugar in Arezzo and Joffre in Barcelona, to name a few. Today De Cotiis still dedicates a great amount of time to interior projects such as the soon-to-open Saint Raph hotel in Milan, the first design-led hotel in town, targeted to cosmopolitan palates while continuing to shape Haute, "the free-reign of my arty side."

"I've been interested in fashion for a long time," says De Cotiis, "but I only recently came up with the right solution to produce an adequate collection."

"I love to re-use old materials, giving them new life in a constant search for the new and unusual. This is something I do also in my interiors, where I define space including, as a sort of accent, stones or upholstery that have already been used. Haute, too, is all about research and mix: it's the choice of materials that dictates the outcome of the collection, " says the designer. "The forms are somehow always there: I go for a lean silhouette with very narrow shoulders."

Eclecticism is De Cotiis' only style credo. His personal tastes and influences range accordingly. He loves minimalist sculptor Donald Judd and Arte Povera exponent Jannis Kounellis "because of the attention to pure forms and materials," but also couturiers as diverse as the exotic Paul Poiret and the quasi-minimalist Madeleine Vionnet, two French icons from the Twenties, "both masters of their craft." And the 20s are "one of my favourite periods in fashion."

Haute by Vincenzo De Cotiis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->