The Interior Decor Thread! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a great topic!

right now i am sitting at my nomos table by norman foster. i bought it 5 years ago and still like it. my investment will be this eames aluminium chair (in white/leather) in front of the table.

i prefer rather few selective pieces of furniture in my appartement, cause i choose them very carefully and hence i have a special connection to them.

[attachmentid=32349]

Originally posted by faust@Nov 17 2004, 10:37 AM
They are indeed. I have a pair of them in my hallway. I posted them a few pages back in this thread :flower:
[snapback]435712[/snapback]​
:o Sorry I missed them. It's always great to discover things for yourself too though!

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Nov 16 2004, 08:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Nov 16 2004, 08:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>From models.com, I think these are wonderful- and not too expensive either! :buzz:
[snapback]435045[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia
@Nov 17 2004, 02:58 AM
Here's his website- this one is so breathtaking! :crush:
http://www.tordboontje.com/news.html
[snapback]435364[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I :heart: thats metal "papercut" styled lamp shade..
I'm thinking if the baby is a girl I don't want to make her room all cutesy babypink..but more like an enchanted forest..with lamps like that,
cut offs from this kind of tree (Can't for the life of me remember the english name for it:(
troldhassel2.jpg

paint glue on the cut offs..and sprinkle silvery glitter..
A enchanted forest without corny elves..

If it's a little boy.. African animals a la Hans Scerfigs paintings
HansScherfigsafrikanskedyr03.jpg

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 17 2004, 11:33 AM
:o Sorry I missed them. It's always great to discover things for yourself too though!
[snapback]435791[/snapback]​

No problem, and it sure is :flower:

i wish i could get some of this stuff for my house...
89Mario%20Canenzi.gif
88Andre%20Dubreuil.gif
53Charlotte%20Perriand.gif

54Claude%20Vassal.gif
53Jean%20Royere.gif

Ok, so MOMA store is running a special, 20% off and I can get the Louis Ghost chair for around $250. Question is, is it still worth it? What color should I get, lucid like the ones I posted above, or black like I'm posting in this thread? It'll be for my computer desk which is frosted glass/metal. It's in my bedroom and the rest of my bedroom is metal/frosted glass/light wood, so I'm leaning towards black for a nice contrast. Opinions?

l_49562.jpg

hmm i've always been partial to the crystal color because the emphasis is just on the lines...but that IS a good deal... i haven't seen it for cheaper anywhere. is that black just opaque?
zm_2456_8.jpg

Originally posted by meowmix@Nov 17 2004, 05:21 PM
hmm i've always been partial to the crystal color because the emphasis is just on the lines...but that IS a good deal... i haven't seen it for cheaper anywhere. is that black just opaque?

[snapback]436315[/snapback]​
No, it's jet black, which actually looks much nicer in person. The translucent ones look kind of cheap, the black one looks more presentable, in my opinion. But I'm still not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Hanne@Nov 17 2004, 11:47 AM
I :heart: thats metal "papercut" styled lamp shade..
I'm thinking if the baby is a girl I don't want to make her room all cutesy babypink..but more like an enchanted forest..with lamps like that,
cut offs from this kind of tree (Can't for the life of me remember the english name for it:(

paint glue on the cut offs..and sprinkle silvery glitter..
A enchanted forest without corny elves..

If it's a little boy.. African animals a la Hans Scerfigs paintings

[snapback]435810[/snapback]​
ditto, both my wife and I hate this pink bullsh*t for girls. we mix up the colors for our daughter's room and clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i saw the translucent ones in the dwr catalog and store recently... i like the idea, but it j ust looks like a plasticy chair to me... from the picture, the black one looks rather plain and normal... but if it looks nicer in person, i say go for it... will the black wear well? i'd be concerned about scratches.

Originally posted by meowmix@Nov 17 2004, 05:26 PM
yeah i saw the translucent ones in the dwr catalog and store recently... i like the idea, but it j ust looks like a plasticy chair to me... from the picture, the black one looks rather plain and normal... but if it looks nicer in person, i say go for it... will the black wear well? i'd be concerned about scratches.
[snapback]436325[/snapback]​

supposingly you can drop it from a building roof and nothing should happen to it.

:shock: like a nalgene bottle? :lol: anyway, i think for the real thing that price isn't bad... just a matter if you really like it. i think i've seene someplace with knockoffs of them or something and those might have been cheaper but it's just not the same imo.... anyway, good luck with your decision :smile:

Faust-I've never seen it in black. I love it. Have you sat in it yet. I only ask because the other clear chair from Kartell feels as if it will break when you sit down. I don't know if DWR has that colour but here's a discount code:

Thank you for your feedback to our Founder's Letter.

Your promotion code* is: B50

To use your promo code, place your order online at www.dwr.com, call us at 1.800.944.2233 or visit a DWR Studio (www.dwr.com/studios). When shopping online, please enter this code in the promotion code box in the shopping cart to receive $50 off any purchase of $200 or more.

Special Founder's Letter offer is NOT combinable with any other promotions including company-wide, limited time promotions. A maximum of $50 off your next order of $200 or more (not including the shipping charges). This offer can only be used once. Offer is not valid on the purchase of gift certificates.

Start shopping now: www.dwr.com

We look forward to your visit soon.

Design Within Reach
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*This promotion code is valid on purchases placed by December 31, 2004.

:flower:

Originally posted by purechris@Nov 18 2004, 10:43 AM
Faust-I've never seen it in black. I love it. Have you sat in it yet. I only ask because the other clear chair from Kartell feels as if it will break when you sit down. I don't know if DWR has that colour but here's a discount code:

Thank you for your feedback to our Founder's Letter.

Your promotion code* is: B50
To use your promo code, place your order online at www.dwr.com, call us at 1.800.944.2233 or visit a DWR Studio (www.dwr.com/studios). When shopping online, please enter this code in the promotion code box in the shopping cart to receive $50 off any purchase of $200 or more.
Special Founder's Letter offer is NOT combinable with any other promotions including company-wide, limited time promotions. A maximum of $50 off your next order of $200 or more (not including the shipping charges). This offer can only be used once. Offer is not valid on the purchase of gift certificates.

Start shopping now: www.dwr.com
We look forward to your visit soon.

Design Within Reach
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*This promotion code is valid on purchases placed by December 31, 2004.

:flower:
[snapback]437206[/snapback]​

Ah, Chris thank you so much for looking out for me! The chair feels solid, and supposedly it's unbreakable (unless you melt it in an oven :lol: ). I think with MOMA store coupon I am saving a little bit more, but thank you for the coupon regardless!

I sat in that Louis chair and it swayed a little. Made me nervous :shock:
I prefer them in the crystal color, the other colors look like they want to belong to a more prestigious group, if that makes sense. The crystal one is saying "what you see is what you get".
Am I over-analyzing furniture? :blink:

anytime, Faust

Maarit--that's how I felt about the other clear chair. I like your analysis of the chair, and actually agree the the black looks like it's trying to be more prestigious. Which, incidentally, I like.

This would be a nice alternative, even though it's not even the same look....
[attachmentid=32429]

and since we're talking chairs, I have always wanted this
[attachmentid=32430]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back