The Interior Decor Thread! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB I went to check out the ghost chair today - was planning on buying it. But they only had one left and it was scratched :cry:. So I'm going to keep shopping around.

It is definitely a beautiful and unique piece and I'm sure it would look great paired with a vintage table. They would definitely be a great conversation starter at dinner parties!

Some of these photos you guys posted are amazing! I'd definitely use some inspo for my future apartment once college is done :wink:
I'm more drawn to the sleek, modern style of interior design with small touches of vintage artwork.

^Love the bed with the fur spread...have always been a fan of hides on beds. Totally forgot about this thread until I rediscovered it while searching for threads on members' homes. :smile:

^ thanks for your scans rox_yr_sox!:flower: I was in Berlin last week and alas I never got to stay in such cool places! Lol!

I couldn't resist posting this pic - it made me smile when I saw it.:D

source: designsponge

This is the home and possibly legs of alyn carlson (graphic designer) based in Westport, Massachusetts. The home is a converted church and to see more follow this link http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/08/sneak-peek-alyn-carlson-and-paul-clancy.html

Here's a peek inside the home of Jamie Beck, photographer and Kevin Burg, web designer and their apartment on the Upper West Side, NYC. I love how they display their everyday items.

source: workingclassmagazine

Aesthetically, I love the use of stacked books/magazines as tables, but it's not very practical. To me, it pretty much says the person does not read them. :innocent:

^Love the bed with the fur spread...have always been a fan of hides on beds. Totally forgot about this thread until I rediscovered it while searching for threads on members' homes. :smile:
me too :shock: first time i've seen it used like that actually

I love how obsessive us tsfers are with our fashion mags!:lol:

Here's a cool studio apartment in London. Good spacing to work with...

source: light locations

^ I NEED that white full length mirror in the last one. There are things I like and don't like about the styling of that apartment, but how amazing is the actual bones of that apartment -- that wooden window, the trimwork, and all those fireplaces, divine! Thanks karina for sharing.

That London apartment is gorgeous. I'm in love with that bedroom - and that feathered bedspread. So lovely.

My apartment is very very similar to that London studio. The kitchen is placed in the living room in mine too, which has always annoyed me...it's pretty hard to get a decent room out of that. It requires someone to be willing to do the dishes at all times...which I'm not :ninja:

(There was the option of right clicking and saving these photos, but when I did that, they saved really oddly, and with copying the screen, I couldn't quite fit anything in, so my apologies for the pages being slightly cut off. :doh: :blush:)

Andrew Egan's NYC apartment, pictures from ReadyMade magazine:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

ae3.jpg

andrewegan1.jpg

ae1h.jpg

Source:
ReadyMade digital

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics