The MAC Makeup Thread #2

I agree :lol:. It's because of the packaging that I'm not excited for this collection.

^^^
same here!

i love hipness, but i do not plan on buying it because i can't imagine seeing that grotesque green and obnoxious starfish in my case every day! glad there are others on the same page...i thought it was just me.

tbh i am not excited about any upcoming collections except for the disney one, and i'm sure they'll ruin that too. =/

So I went to MAC today to check out the new to the beach collection which I wasn't that excited about in the first place and I only bought one product from it: the Hipness blush. It looks sooo good with my skin tone, I :heart: it. They also had a tester of the Instant Chic blush which I tried as it was said to be similar to Hipness, but I found it was too powdery and I liked the colour of Hipness more anyways. The beachbound lipstick ended up looking too similar to a lipstick I already own so I didn't pick that one up and the lipglasses were just too shimmery with little colour payoff on my quite pigmented lips so I passed on those as well. But I did pick up Creme d'Nude lipstick which I love.

Hipness was also the only thing I bought from To The Beach... it's such a lovely shade and although I'm not usually a fan of MAC powder blushes, I like this one! I agree with others here that the packaging is at best a waste of a good concept and at worst straight up ugly, but the product is too pretty for me to have let it gotten away! I'm considering picking up a second one for when this runs out (although it shows up so well on my pale skin that I only use the tiniest amount so it should last a while)

Just ordered my 62628228th tub of Studio Finish Concealer!
I couldn't live without it, it's a miracle! :heart:

I really want to check out to the beach!

i'd really like the sweet & punchy chartreuse coloured eyeshadow from the to the beach collection. that's about the only thing that appeals to me from that collection aside of the creme bronzer.

a quick review request:

has anyone tried out Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15? Does it moisturize well and is it gentle enough for sensitive skin? If you're familiar with the discontinued Select Tint SPF 15, how does Studio Moisture Tint compare in terms of coverage and moisturizing?

I really should just go back to my MAC store, but I'm terribly busy right now :(

has anyone got any pictures of what the viva glam lady gaga lipstick looks like on? i can't decide if its worth paying £20 for on ebay

which compact foundation is less likely to melt in the heat and which has a more believable finish? (im nc15 i think not sure)

a) the studio fix powder + foundation?

or

b) mineralize foundation spf15 in a compact?

the mineralize stuff is more expensive...i guess the studio fix is more powdery...

anyone have any more insight?

has anyone got any pictures of what the viva glam lady gaga lipstick looks like on? i can't decide if its worth paying £20 for on ebay
why buy on ebay when they have it on their website? It didn't look good on me, the colour was bit too pale for my liking

which compact foundation is less likely to melt in the heat and which has a more believable finish? (im nc15 i think not sure)

or

the mineralize stuff is more expensive...i guess the studio fix is more powdery...

Both are not the best in the heat, or for long wear, but if I had to choose between those two I would go with Studio Fix because it doesn't melt so easy (it does cake after 2-3 hours). The mineral compact dissapeared on my oily skin after an hour or so, I don't recommend it. If I were you I would go for Estee Lauder's double wear compact foundation or the Shiseido spf30+up powder compacts fro summer. They both hold very well and don't cake in the summer :flower:

or

are you sure you need so much coverage in the summer? i would try a MSF natural. i have very good skin, but i am very fair, so i need some coverage to add luster. i am floored at how well the MSF natural makes me look made-up and polished without appearing heavy or like there's anything on my skin.

studio fix is great and i've never had a problem with melting (and i wore it when i lived in the south), but the coverage is very, very "done" for warm weather imho.

^^my skin is oily and acne-prone so that's why it melts on me :flower:

Passed by the MAC store today & it was so funny--a male model (admittedly, with amazing abs) in orange swim trunks in the window :lol: I gather promoting the beach collection ...

I've gotten a couple new lipglosses but haven't worn them yet--one with my b2M stuff (had enough for both but didn't take it all). Date Night Dazzleglass & Pret-a-Papier Lipglass, which looks to be much the same color as O ...

Oh, i bought "girl about town" a few days ago and i love it on my lips :heart:

does anyone have the 209 brush? I'm looking for an eyeliner brush to use with gel liner that'll give me the thinnest line possible, so I'm considering the 209. Or any other suggestions are great too :smile:

^I have the 209, and it is a wonderful brush, but it doesn't give you a SUPER thin line. Louise Young makes a super thin eye liner brush.

does anyone have the 209 brush? I'm looking for an eyeliner brush to use with gel liner that'll give me the thinnest line possible, so I'm considering the 209. Or any other suggestions are great too :smile:

The 210 is even thinner than the 209. Actually, it's the thinnest brush I've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->