The MAC Makeup thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Ida that blush is the coolest blush I have ever seen and its soooo tempting..it reminds me of the ones estee lauder used to do but way cooler as the colour looks soo sheer.

i also bought another MSF that i can't ID the collection of. it looks like it's half of a MSF natural and half or a regular MSF? i forget the name of the color atm, and my crap is all packed up still, so i'll have to dig it out later. at any rate, i love it!
I have that MSF duo, I've hit pan :( I don't remember which collection it's from though. I really love it :blush:

^^^
thanks for the reference, hipkitten!

i used it for the first time today with the kabuki (using both for the first time) and i LOVE the results. wow. MSF naturals are EVERYTHING people say they are. i have good skin and only wear studio fix concealer under my eyes and on trouble spots if i have them. that said, i feel in the winter the studio fix can cake in some areas unless i prep with badescu's bee pollen overnight cream. the MSF natural gives me ample coverage, but looks ridiculously light and as if i'm not wearing anything at all. it also feels weightless, which i love!

i am very fair (NC20 in studio fix), but i bought the medium (i didn't realize it was a MSF natural when i was buying it, so i didn't even bother checking the color) and it works perfectly.

has anyone bought lashes at a MAC store and had an artist apply them for you in the store?

i want to buy some lashes but im too nervous to apply them myself.

Are prices of Mac make up in France almost the same as the prices on their website?

I want to order my sister some products since she is going to Paris soon,but I have limited budget.

has anyone bought lashes at a MAC store and had an artist apply them for you in the store?

Why are you nervous about applying them yourself?

You could do that, I mean, if you buy them, then the SAs are pretty much obligated to apply them for you if you tell them to. ^_^

What is the difference between studio finish and studio sculpt concealer?And which one is better?
I want to get it but don't know which one.

yes. i was traveling and at the end of the shopping trip, my group decided we were going out to eat and dancing immediately afterward (no costume change?! :shock:). someone from the hotel came to pick up our purchases and take them to our rooms, and i had my makeup touched up at MAC and had them apply wacky lashes. i think it's free, but i may have spent over $40 (not hard to do), and i know with that total, they will do your entire face of makeup.

lamia - i use studio finish and it's amazing. i use on trouble spots when i have them and always under the eyes. it never cakes, and i always return to this product after venturing out to try laura mercier, nars, MUFE, UO, etc. i have probably been using studio finish off and on for 10 years.

I use studio finish, and I think it cakes under the eyes and photographs badly. I have dry skin, which is probably why it caked, but it photographs REALLY white because of the titanium dioxide. Bobbi Brown's concealer is much better, I just can't afford it right now.

^Yeah,I was recommended the studio finish since I have combination to oily skin and I want more of that matte effect.Thanks anyway.

Why are you nervous about applying them yourself?

i am very nervous about applying lashes myself. first of all, im legally blind without my glasses. and ive never attempted to put lashes on myself before. (ive never used them. period. actually)
and with my luck i'd probably glue my eyes shut. :stuart:

im hoping the mac sales assistant/makeup artist will agree to put them on for me. im worried they might say "oh, go to shu...a few doors down...they have a lash bar they will do it for you".

i am so obsessed with the lipstick "russian red" i think it is by far the best lipstick i've ever owned by MAC. other reds seemed very dry & chalky to me

lamia - i use studio finish and it's amazing. i use on trouble spots when i have them and always under the eyes. it never cakes, and i always return to this product after venturing out to try laura mercier, nars, MUFE, UO, etc. i have probably been using studio finish off and on for 10 years.

have you tried the studio sculpt concealer too?

I had major caking and flaking yesterday when I applied my studio finish as well. I have combo skin and normally just get dry patches in winter (annoying) that will not go away no matter what I do.

have you tried the studio sculpt concealer too?

no. my mother uses that sometimes, so i've tried it and it's way too heavy for the type of coverage i need.

the_ida is right. studio fix DOES cake if you have very dry skin. in the winter, my skin can get patchy and very dry on the center of my forehead (just between the brows :doh:) and on my chin. studio fix initially goes on well for me, but during horribly cold weather, it can cake. i use a very heavy cream from mario badescu (intended to be a night cream) and this keeps the concealer from caking. that said, i really only do this in january and february, not throughout the year. typically, studio fix does not cake on me. i would also agree it has a slight sheen finish, which is why i like it. i am very fair (NC20), and it photographs beautifully for me, in both color and black and white.

did anyone buy anything from any of the new collections (all ages, etc. or lilyland)?

is the brow set from all ages, etc. permanent? on temptalia it says mink is permanent, but every MAC i visit says it's not. this is the first time it's been released since ungaro. i really love the stuff, but i'm wondering how many i should buy atm? i'd say at least three, but do you guys think they'll dry out by the time i get to use all of them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest purchases from the Warm & Cozy Collection, i'm also wanting to give a go the lip conditioner as i heard really good reviews along with mac's wipes and facial scrub

Tinted lipglass in 2N
WarmCozy-Lipglass-BeautyVer1-72-w500-h500.jpg

Nail polish in Blissed Out
WarmCozy-NailLacquer-NudeChic-72-w500-h500.jpg

Lipstick in Faux (permanent collection)
DSC01175.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->