The Photography Contest Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Kate_Is_Goddess! I took it early this morning, so I was able to catch the magenta hues.

wow, great so many participation in this thread!:smile:
Mine:
609137399_35c8d75d3b.jpg

from my flickr

wow, this theme is really bringing out a lot of really good entries

The Nominees

collageuh3.png

TOP ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT: ruthie, JR1, kate_is_goddess, Aida. Sevan, supreme, Royal-Galliano, kriszti.md
BOTTOM ROW: unplugged66, co-pilot, Lilliana, perfect10, Rebel Yell, ngolf, fourboltmain

Fantastic job to everyone! Like I said before, you all interpreted the theme in your own way, which both surprised and impressed me.

ruthie - The stark contrast between the dark building and light sky is great; it shows how the weather can affect other objects as well.
JR1 - Such rich, beautiful colors to complement the scenery! Great focus and subject.
kate_is_goddess - All around lovely photo. The "hidden" sun makes for a unique picture, while the trees add another dimension.
Aida. Sevan - Wow! That was my initial reaction upon seeing your entry. You managed to make what would otherwise be an ordinary sky something amazing and almost haunting.
supreme - The fence in the photo is a very nice touch; it adds a feeling that you're not actually there. Unique capture of a beautiful sunset!
Royal-Galliano - Black and white, my favorite! The tree is definitely the most prominent piece of the photo, but once I looked past that I found that the weather conditions were equally interesting.
kriszti.md - Your entry is probably the most warm and inviting one! I enjoy how the photo is more of a capture of the houses with the weather as a sort of frame.
unplugged66 - Great focus on the distance and haunting colors. The black trees look as though they're stamped into the sky.
co-pilot - Your entry was also quite warm and inviting, like it was taken from a car heading towards home. The sun shining on the grass is a lovely touch as well.
Lilliana - The clouds here are reminiscent of dust or powder; they almost look surreal. I love the location, too; where was it taken?
perfect10 - The addition of the silhouette is a unique touch, though I do enjoy the colors of the sky as well. Great work on the shadows and dark colors!
Rebel Yell - If we're being technical, your entry by far followed the guidelines best! :wink: No distractions, no buildings, just the sun and some beautiful clouds.
ngolf - Surprisingly, the only snow-themed entry! I adore snow, so you get some brownie points from me. I can see little traces of the sun on some of the branches; you managed to capture a snowy day well.
fourboltmain - Like Rebel Yell's, your picture comes with little distraction from the actual weather. The clouds hardly look real; you took such an interesting angle of the sky that it takes a glance or two to figure out what you're looking at.

And the winner is...
kate_is_goddess!

Congratulations! Your photo captured the weather beautifully while managing to add some other aspects as well.

wow :o didn't expect this at all! :woot: thanks so much seanutbutter!!! :buzz:

and of course my boys Rg & Jamie ^_^ :kiss:

new theme in a few minutes :shifty:

B)

~ seeing the world through pink coloured glasses ~

what does your ideal world look like? is it all pink & fluffy? or are appearances sometimes deceptive?

deadline: saturday, july 28th

B)​

Last edited by a moderator:
call me crazy :ninja: but...my ideal world is a REALLY busy world where you have to take the tube every day all the time, work all the time, be busy and always on the move (oh, and doing more than one job and special projects too) :cool::lol:

:lucky::bunny::king::chef:

...here it is larger...imageshack resized it :angry:
(sorry if its too big now though :blink:)

863064805_2b358336d0_b.jpg

Congratulations KIG! This was such a great contest. We had so many responses. :smile: Thanks Seanutbutter for all the great reviews as well.

Thanks for the comments, though I couldn't have done it without your great entries. :smile:

Nice theme! I'll think about this one and post my picture later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->