The Photography Contest Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
A world...tiny, hidden, precious beauties waiting to be discovered! It's just amazing how so many things are overlooked, taken for granted...yet I don't fully apprieciate it's presence, until I look at it a whole different way, and I can find something new in something old, something really beautiful...

843505427_081e974e45.jpg

My ideal world is one in which people have little worries. They don't fuss over little things and they realize that some things just don't matter. They dip their hands in the water without worrying about getting wet.

idealworldak1.png

A world where simple things evolve into natural beauties. Where people don't have to make them selves up to look pretty, a place where you can appreciate what you have been given, a place where you realise how beautiful you really are.
P1040823.jpg

a world, spirited, yet keeping up and following one way (loyality), achieving high goals and dreams i got. :flower:

Reviews

JR1 - First of all I have to say I completely agree with your idea of an ideal world! I adore busy and vibrating cities full of people and great places! You captured the architecture of this particular place extremely well and the b/w 'effect' adds a certain modernity, which is great! :heart:

Rebel Yell - This photo is truly amazing! The details, the colours, the texture! Everything matches perfectly with your caption and it shows the hidden treasures of nature so beautifully! :woot:

seanutbutter - I like this picture very much, I feel like a child waiting for the whale (or dolphin or… :D ) to appear while looking at it! It does express the feeling of not having to worry about anything and just having fun! :cool:

yellowetpink - At first I couldn't really believe that those are the real colours of the bird's feathers! I like the simplicity of the image and the way the focus is set, as it draws the attention right to the great pastel colours of the bird! And this bird should indeed be glad to have been given this Prada-coloured feathering! :wink:

thingummyboy - Wow, this is amazing! I don't know what it is (a sculpture maybe?) but it looks so intriguing and interesting! The angle, the b/w and the background go so well together and you really get the feeling of sth leading you all the way up to the sky! :heart:

and the winner is………….

:buzz: Rebel Yell :buzz:

You've accomplished the challenge perfectly and you've shown us that we really need to acknowledge the beauty of nature more often!​

congratulations rebel yell...really nice pic...and thx kate_is_goddess for the judging^_^:clap:

Thanks kate_is_goddess! The bird was really friendly, it just sat there and I could take the picture :D (It was at the zoo, so it was used to it probably)

Congratulations Rebel Yell :clap:

The next theme..

Inspired by a Song

Does one of your photos remind you of a song? Or has it inspired you in photography, or just personally? Is there a song that really means a lot to you, and you feel like it tells the story of YOUR life? You can submit pictures related to/'dedicated' to a song of your choice, and it is up to you how you want to portray it-literally, metaphorically...be creative! :smile: [Oh and please tell us what song your picture relates to, that would be helpful:flower:]

Deadline: 5th of August

Last edited by a moderator:
oh what a lovely theme!:flower: I have an image for that in my mind. We'll see if I can turn it into a photo :P

Congratulations Rebel Yell! I'm working on my new entry at the moment.

wicked ways [garbage]
wickedwaystp5.png

I tried hard to mend my wicked ways.
I'd keep my promises if only I could.
I've done things I never thought I'd do.
A little time and I'll be all right.
C'mon sugar let's go out tonight.
The damage's done, there's nothing left to save.

Not sure why I am entering.
Bubblewrap [Mcfly]
I wish I could bubblewrap my heart,
Incase I fall,
and brake apart
[Chorus]
This is the last time,
I give up this heart of mine,
I'm telling you that I'm,
A broken man who's finally realised,
You're standing in moonlight,
But you're black on the inside,
Do you think you ought to cry?
This is goodbye.
bubble.jpg

Hey, this is my first time participating (just found this thread-- love it!)

"Samson"

smiths.jpg

Regina Spektor

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the stars came fallin' on our heads
But they're just old light, they're just old light
Your hair was long when we first met

please click here for full lyrics...

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/reginaspektor/samson.html

I took this with my nikon d40... i just bought it last week. I am really new to photography, but hopefully I will grow better over time!

^ welcome ! nice one...

just realized that i missed the previous theme :cry:
congrats Rebel Yell ! :D
love the new theme... i will post my entry later !

awwww yellowetpink...that's the cutest pic you could have posted on your lyrics...already the bubblewrap around the teddy...so cute:heart::crush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->