The rules of flats

Well, I have lived in flats since forever. I have more flats than heels in my collection and I only break my heels out for special occasions.

I am not that tall, just 5'4", but I have big and flat feet (eek!) and wearing heels hurt after 2 hours or so.. so I'm really envious of girls who can walk around the city all day in heels - maybe it's the type of feet that I have?

I am 5'9 but I guess I dream to be 5'11 because I am most comfortable in mid-sided, chunky high heeled boots.

Somewhere fancy? Strappy mid-thick taller high heel sandles.

Hot hot day? Strappy chunky mid-high heeled sandles.

I do wear running shoes and other "comfort" shoes (Tevas if it's a hot day camping), but a good chunky heel is not uncomfortable for daily bouts of walking.

I may experiment with the flat, but I feel like it would be better in a delicate, spring shoe, rather than a big winter boot. But they'll probably be out by this spring, don't ya think? :smile:

I find flats adorable but not all of them work for me unfortunately..

what kind of jeans do you think look best with flats? particularly low cut closed toe flats..

I always find where the jean ends and the top of the shoe looks awkward.. any help would be so very much appreciated!:flower:

I love flats, all I wear is like flats and chucks. I cant wear heels because I have flat feet, no arch at all and no ankle support, so if I wore heel, like the heel would collapse b/c of the way my ankles go. I LOVE FLATTS! :smile:

Since socks don't really look good with flats..what are you guys going to wear with your flats in the winter? barefoot or tights? and what kinds of tights?
thank you :flower:

I think flats are cute, but I feel more comfortable in heels. I prefer to have those extra few inches too.

FashionRoyalty said:
Since socks don't really look good with flats..what are you guys going to wear with your flats in the winter? barefoot or tights? and what kinds of tights?
thank you :flower:

I wear mine with all kinds of thights. and with socks too. and with legwarmers

^Agree....socks and flats are so cute.
I live in tights and flats as well.

eh... the rules are alright. but I'm only 5 feet tall... I wear my flats with jeans... I don't give a damn. When I'm not in the mood to wear heels, then I am NOT wearing heels. :wink:

Im still wearing flats even in winter but I cant find any nice socks that match to go with them. Maybe I will give black tights a try.

Luckily, I live in texas, and it won't get that cold as where I can't wear flats w/out socks or tights.

lizloveslife said:
I'm on the quest to find the perfect flats.

As am I.

I only have three pairs- all ballet flats.
I desire to purchase a pair of inexpensive dark pointy-toe flats. Today, I went shopping and found nothing. :cry:
And my mother will not allow me to buy them through the internet. :cry:

(However, the black ballet flats I purchased at Nordstrom not too long ago went on sale. :angry:)

Love flats :heart:. My favourite flats in my collection are my olive green Miu Miu ballet flats and my Marc Jacobs multi-coloured flat sandals ^_^. I've got a pair of pointy black Marc Jacobs maddies that I'm yet to wear.....

why not ? I wear them all the time with jeans and it works perfectly to me.

yeah me too, its a stpe for me = flats and jeans! I just bought another pair of Chloe flats, cant wait for them to arrive! :woot: :woot:

I may be bias but I think flats look good only on tall women. If you are short you should always wear heals or your legs look stumpy. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

^um i don't think so, if you're short and u have chubby legs, u cant wear flats, but my legs are Super thin and it looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->