The rules of flats

I love flats too the only thing I wear an 11 shoe and sometimes my feet can look like (or at least I think they do) boats when wearing them....so I try to stick to jeans with flats. :blush:

I hope my legs don't look stumpy when I wear flats! I'm only 5'4. I really have no choice...I've got flat feet and flats are about good as it gets. Heels just don't work out for me, sadly, seeing as I have an obsession with them. I wear them with everything when I'm not wearing chucks. Jeans, skirts, dresses. But flats come in so many colors and styles today that I don't have to worry about it. So, long live the flat!

I either wear a wedge to get the height but not the pain :D or flats. Flats rule!

I :heart: flat shoes. I wear them with everything, jeans, minis, work trousers. I definitely agree with the fact that it doesn't go with pencil skirts or work style skirts in general.

i adore flats though i have like two pairs...i wear them with everything-jeans,skirts etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont agree with the article that heels dont go with mini skirts or shorts, I think it looks great.

Am I commiting a fashion crime? :ninja:

i really have to expand my collection of flats
my fashion new years resolution was to buy more shoes (my collection is pretty shameful)

I lurve flats too - look :wub: with a mini skirt but my husband is always slating them - his view (or mens views in general) is that men like to see women in heels as it brings out the muscle tone in their legs - some men eh :rolleyes:

:lol:

I thought one should never wear flats with tapered pants/jeans (ala Mischa Barton)

dlg

Hmm many of you claim you love flats but can't wear them because you are short/short legged/chubby legged...

I don't think that's true at all. :flower:

Short/short legged women: Check out Japanese street style pics for hints.

For pear-shaped and thicker legged women: long skirts, and empire lines (longer dress or short babydoll over pants) really flatter. Think long drapy silhouette and higher waistline.

HTH

i'm flat footed. so i need shoes with some sort of arch to support my feet.
flat shoes are a no-no and they can give me back pain.

Perfectly example of how to wear flats on short women:

(from fruits magazine scan:(
seda10.jpg

and TFS' own susie_bubble does a great job of rocking flats too.

i'm 5'3 and pear shaped, but trust me, i look great in jeans and flats. There is no way I can walk around in heels all day just so my legs can look slimmer. Besides pear-shaped, curvy girls are sexy and that's a fact!!:D

I wear flats to work everyday. I just can't walk around in london for long in heels, so flats are the way to go for me.

I love flats. But, I feel so short in them.
That's why I prefer the look of heels.
Flats are adorable too, though. And, so comfy!

i've got 2 pairs of flats, one's steve madden and the other is a pair from target... loveee the steve maddens, i feel it really pulls my outfit together... ^^ i love flats since soo many times, i feel insecure about my height (5'5'') yea my friends... most of them are short!! >.<

^ You get used to heels after awhile.
I can't wear anything but heels, even sneakers hurt my back.

flats are my new, current obsession. i go to shoe stores just to try them on and dream about them since my student budget is quite small at the moment. i have few good pairs that i adore, but one particular black pair is my favourite one. when i walk with the it feels like i fould be barefooted and i love that feeling.

i use flats with skirts and jeans, and currently i've wearing quite a lot leggins-flat combinations. i think i'm average height (173cm) so i can wear flats and heels, without feeling way too short or way too tall :smile:

I don't like ballet flats much, but I adore pointy flats. Overall, I prefere heels over flats, heels makes me feel sexy, long and lean (I'm 5'8).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->