The Runaways

Dakota is really talented but i just hope Kristen's wooden acting doesn't ruin a potentially good flick.

:clap:First Still!:clap:

48862204-7c0a428ecc4dd973edc11159c9.jpg

/sundance.bside.com

^wow!! they kick major a$$! I want stills of Lita Ford :smile:
this makes me so excited to see the movie!
Thanks for sharing.

dakota looks fantastic! the platinum hair is looking great

apparently this is the poster (looks fan-made-ish though)

I kind of want this to be the poster. It's cool and it's different. Looks more like an indy project.

But you just know they will have to have Kristen and Datoka on the cover cause it's their faces that sell. You know all the PR BS.

i think they'll make a poster with all the girls

OR

ala-this-fanmade-one (knowing Floria's work).

:cheer: release date for USA is revealed!

Bob Berney and Bill Pohlad's Apparition has picked up U.S. distribution rights to Floria Sigismondi's "The Runaways."

The acquisition has taken place more than a month ahead of the film's planned world premiere at the Sundance Film FestivalM in late January. Apparition plans to release the film March 19.

The biographical story of the friendship between Joan Jett and Cherie Currie, who went on to form the groundbreaking all-girl rock band the Runaways in the '70s, the indie film stars Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning as the band's teenage guitarist and singer, respectively. The fact that both actors star in the super-successful "Twilight" franchise likely played a part in the film's appeal.

Sigismondi based her screenplay on the book "Neon Angel: the Cherie Currie Story" by Currie.

"Floria has crafted a beautiful story of Joan and Cherie's tumultuous relationship on- and offstage, as well as a kick *** rock 'n' roll journey," Berney said.

The film was produced by River Road Entertainment and Linson Entertainment. John Linson, Art Linson and Bill Pohlad produced; Jett, Kenny Laguna and Brian Young serve as executive producers.

Apparition recently released "Bright Star" and "Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day." They will soon release "The Young Victoria" and "The Tree of Life." 'The Runaways' finds a home at Apparition

Kristen Stewart/Dakota Fanning pic set to open in March

By Jay A. Fernandez
Dec 14, 2009, 03:06 PM ET

Bob Berney and Bill Pohlad's Apparition has picked up U.S. distribution rights to Floria Sigismondi's "The Runaways."

The acquisition has taken place more than a month ahead of the film's planned world premiere at the Sundance Film FestivalM in late January. Apparition plans to release the film March 19.

The biographical story of the friendship between Joan Jett and Cherie Currie, who went on to form the groundbreaking all-girl rock band the Runaways in the '70s, the indie film stars Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning as the band's teenage guitarist and singer, respectively. The fact that both actors star in the super-successful "Twilight" franchise likely played a part in the film's appeal.

Sigismondi based her screenplay on the book "Neon Angel: the Cherie Currie Story" by Currie.

"Floria has crafted a beautiful story of Joan and Cherie's tumultuous relationship on- and offstage, as well as a kick *** rock 'n' roll journey," Berney said.

The film was produced by River Road Entertainment and Linson Entertainment. John Linson, Art Linson and Bill Pohlad produced; Jett, Kenny Laguna and Brian Young serve as executive producers.

Apparition recently released "Bright Star" and "Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day." They will soon release "The Young Victoria" and "The Tree of Life."
hollywoodreporter.com

The trailer looks awesome! I'm very excited for this movie, especially Dakota's part.

Floria's husband, Lilian Berlin, is composing the score for the movie. :smile:

the movie has been rated R /for language, drug use and sexual content - all involving teens/.
i'm surprised summit allowed this.

ooooh. i just know the movie was pushed by Summit, cus Floria had the script sitting around for awhile and just until Twilight came out and the buzz Runaways got picked. plu the whole KStew connection for the audition. that's why everyone thought Summit will pick it up for US too (i'm guessing they picked RM instead since it's more boxoffice lovable).

I just read the script for The Runaways and I have to say as a fan of the band and the music I'm looking forward to it. It seems really raw and hmm, can't think of another word (it's almost 2am :lol:) I'm just worried as to whether or not Kristen Stewart will be able to pull it off, she hasn't proven herself to me yet so hopefully in this film she does. I'm looking forward to Dakota's performance, it really is something different for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->