The Ugliest Shoes You've Seen Apr 2003 - Jul 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know you didnt wanna hurt our feelings... but please don't call them stilettos... i always associated that word with manolos, choos, "styl"e in general...

The term 'stiletto' refers to the shape and profile of the heel itself and I believe originates from the stiletto knife blade profile. It has nothing to do with brand, designer, price, etc. Any shoe with a high, thin heel is considered a 'stiletto' heel, no matter who makes it or what it costs.

However, the ones referred to are definitely NOT stilettoes, but rather platforms.

I have seen 7" stilettoes though.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, the ones referred to are definitely NOT stilettoes, but rather platforms.
You are correct in that they are not stilettos, but not because they have platforms, a platform does not exclude the term stiletto from a shoe.

newyor5.jpg

The first pair referred to are not stilettos simply because the heel in not thin enough to earn the description.

Urban Stylin
well we now know where galliano gets his inspiration

Good catch; seems as though he checks this thread when he's lacking any ideas of his own. :innocent:

hahaha and looks like DEVI KROELL got her inspiration fro the above posted shoe for her eco range :lol:

Dego - I know you probably didn't include them in 'ugly shoes' but they are ugly. They remind me too much of when I march around with huge ice blocks attached to my ski shoes and I seem to get taller and taller until I notice and then knock the ice blocks off and go back to normal height.

Benno and Urban - they look a bit pinchy on the auld skin, most of those see through materials, don't they?

Vegan Shoe HELL
4pbp5sh.jpg

4kto7c6.jpg

4p2xgr7.jpg

I dont think I will ever understand why one would want it to look like they have hairy feet/legs...beavers in clogs aren't attractive..the animal kingdom seems to get this...but I guess some people just never got the memo.

4vdr11g.jpg

6fkb6uc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teamever101
Back