tomford.com

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Published: Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Tom Ford Launches Web Site
By Courtney Colavita

MILAN — Tom Ford is now only a click away.

The American designer on Tuesday unveiled his first Web site, which features evocative images of his eyewear, as well as information on his new fragrance, Tom Ford Black Orchid, and the impending launch of his men's wear collection, now slated for April 2007.

"I think it is important to always address and use the primary media of one's time and we all have to face the fact that there is no more powerful media than the Internet," said Ford. "It is how most of us communicate, get our news, entertain ourselves, and increasingly shop."

Produced by Web designers Create the Group, the site is done in Ford's signature tones of brown and black and will be rolled out in multiple stages. The Web site, tomford.com, will eventually house an online Tom Ford boutique.

In addition to current sections, which include a lengthy Ford biography, editorial style images of lounging women in retro frames and product stills, pages will be added to reflect growing product categories under the Tom Ford label, namely men's wear, since the Texan has repeatedly denied any interest in returning to the women's clothing fray.

The stand-alone Tom Ford beauty brand, which includes hair perfume, cleansing oils and hydrating emulsion, is set to launch next month with Black Orchid (industry sources estimate it could generate $40 million at retail globally in its first year). This spring, Ford will simultaneously launch 12 unisex scents and install perfumery store-in-stores in his upcoming retail doors. His men's line, which was originally due out in November, is now slated to be introduced in April, when Ford's first directly owned store opens on Madison Avenue in New York.

Following the New York shop, select distribution will begin for spring 2008, and additional Tom Ford stores are planned for London, Milan, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Los Angeles over the next two to three years. The men's line is expected to generate more than $100 million in sales in the first three to five years.

Ford, who signed licensing deals with Marcolin, Estée Lauder and Ermenegildo Zegna, has been coming to Milan with more frequency to prepare the launch of his luxury men's collection. Produced by Zegna, the line will contain both ready-to-wear and made-to-measure clothes, furnishings and leather goods.

credited to wwd.com

Wow I cant wait to see his menswear! Yay! Also, its a very nice website indeed!

his bottle looks very art deco/nouveau.more deco. very Biba. Very ME.love it!

after his disapperance , i miss his sleek, edgy & bold touch, nice to see him back..

Oh Tom, what a businessman! I'm pretty sure his men line will be 100% stunning. He's one of the most elegant and stylish men, he always look fierce! And when it comes to tuxedos, no one does it better than him. Well he knows how to deal with money and be successful in business ( i don't say he's a great designer, because it's quite obvious). "Sex Sells", right mr.Ford?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom's making his comeback surely & steadily, without rush or anything. I'm positive that his mens accesory line will be a stunner. I'm already prepared for those 4k suites, though I'll probably pass the 20k made-to-measure tuxedos. :D
His eyeglasses collection looks as good as sunglasses, can't wait to get test some of his eyeglasses.

machinist, I held off on a YSL suit because I simply must have a Tom Ford suit, and shoes, and bags and scarves, eyeglass frames, more sunglases, ...Possibly fragrance*

I keep repeating myself

I CANT WAIT.

*Of course, if he doesn't disappoint me.

I am not very impressed by the website but the perfume ad looks great.

I do hope the website grows, it's great as a start, but it definitly needs more.

Sidenote, I cannot wait to smell Black Orchid....it souds so exotic and heady.

it looks positively heady...dark..dangerous..alluring...tempting...aahh....god!!!he makes me want to scream!!! and i agree bout the tuxedo bit. and he always looks good.

He always looks amazing, so effortlessly elegant it's crazy. I like his site it's quite minimal. Can't wait to smell the perfume!

Diorling, what a coincidence, I held off my YSL pinstripe suite so that I could invest into some of Tom's upcoming apparels. :D

machinist| said:
Tom's making his comeback surely & steadily, without rush or anything. I'm positive that his mens accesory line will be a stunner. I'm already prepared for those 4k suites, though I'll probably pass the 20k made-to-measure tuxedos. :D
His eyeglasses collection looks as good as sunglasses, can't wait to get test some of his eyeglasses.

Where did you get those numbers? Last I heard suits were going to be about 2500-3500 for off the rack and about 5000 for MTM. I've yet to year anything about a 20K MTM tuxedo...yet if Tom were pinning the fabric on you it might be worth it.

I find it rather amusing how so many younger Gucci/high-fashion wannabes who might have a pair of aviators are hearlding the return of Tom Ford and yet don't realize that he has said that his collection is not going to be for the Gucci customer. It is supposed to be a mix of Italian sartorial edge with the bespoke and tailoring philsophy of Saville Row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
socksluvr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->