Tracy Anderson Method

Ive seen these routines in cosmo, thanks for posting. btw a little ot..wasnt the first girl on ANTM the one who had a huge crush on Nigel? lol

yeah I thought it was her too, April or something right?
I find the rotating ribs thingy really hard to follow :cry: I suc*K :rofl:

I am so glad you all find her cardio workout too complicated, too. I was so annoyed when I tried to do it, and it didn`t just happen :D I felt stupid, since I have instructed few classes by myself... I think she is not a very good instructor, like you`ve already said, she doesn`t tell clearly what comes next etc, and that is the one thing that should come with the profession.

:rofl: Good to know I'm no the only one

I've been looking around and there are so many ppl that think her metho is BS :innocent:

Thanks for whoever posted the link! I'm looking at her mat workout and.....I think I'll pick and choose what to do. ie I am definitely not going to do her 'standing abs' workout. I'm sorry but that's just her dancing....badly. It's so bizarre - how can she expect anyone to replicate that in a home environment? Plus she has really bad form in her plie - her back is so arched.

However, some of her arms stuff looks good, so I will give it a go.

I watched her cardio workout :lol: Honestly, she doesn't explain half the things, it's just her prancing around so bizarrely. But her post-pregancy workout actually looked the best - even though I'm not post-pregnancy :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like to give this a try but I'm so uncoordinated and I find her a little hard to follow...

^ Just watch the YouTube video on page one and start off slowly following the moves. Then memorise them and repeat over and over and before you know it you will have your own routine going. Take you time seriously it's worth a go.

I haven't been doing it for two months now cause I've been sick so I got lazy but I have to get back into it or it will be attack of the thunder thighs with flabby Oprah arms.

I've been doing her leg and arm workout from the mat workout and I've lost about 3 cm on my upperarms after 3 weeks ^_^

Originally posted by Meg

Thanks for whoever posted the link! I'm looking at her mat workout and.....I think I'll pick and choose what to do. ie I am definitely not going to do her 'standing abs' workout. I'm sorry but that's just her dancing....badly. It's so bizarre - how can she expect anyone to replicate that in a home environment? Plus she has really bad form in her plie - her back is so arched.

However, some of her arms stuff looks good, so I will give it a go.

I watched her cardio workout :lol: Honestly, she doesn't explain half the things, it's just her prancing around so bizarrely. But her post-pregancy workout actually looked the best - even though I'm not post-pregnancy :lol:

Yes, her prancing around and not explaning WHAT TO DO is the most annoying thing!!!!!!!

Does she think we can read minds...?!?!
:innocent::ninja::lol:

I just cannot watch her cardio work-outs AT ALL.
Anyway, I agree, her arm and abs work-outs looks good and I have heard that people have got good results.

Btw. is she a mother? I did read something like that ages ago...but I am not sure did I understand it right.

Yes, her prancing around and not explaning WHAT TO DO is the most annoying thing!!!!!!!

[/color][/left]
I know..I tried it out once and I got really angry with her:lol::rolleyes: Also I can't stand listening to her not explaining what she's doing so I always turn the sounds off and put on some music:innocent:

Has anyone come across other 'non-bulk' exercise videos similar to Anderson? My biggest fear is that I will gain extra mass and she always talks about a leaner approach. I would try pilates etc but I want to burn fat/loose weight not just tone

Yay! Such a great thread! I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE TAM! I started about a month ago and now gave up all my other workout DVDs because she is THE BEST. In one month I've achieve more than in the last year and trust me, I am not a newbie when it comes to fitness - have been doing it for years, literally. My body has changed and I feel much happier, too.

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone come across other 'non-bulk' exercise videos similar to Anderson? My biggest fear is that I will gain extra mass and she always talks about a leaner approach. I would try pilates etc but I want to burn fat/loose weight not just tone

The only other non-bulking DVD is related to Pilates, I've got one ages ago and have used for a while. It's called Pilates Sculp & Tone or something like this. Another option is to use shaping videos, but they are only available in Russia where shaping was developed back in the 90s. So, basically, Tracy is the only option if you want to burn fat and have a strong lean body without bulking up. x

Anyway, I agree, her arm and abs work-outs looks good and I have heard that people have got good results.

Btw. is she a mother? I did read something like that ages ago...but I am not sure did I understand it right.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Oh, I actually did try her original cardio workout already and absolutely loved it. Yes, it's hard physically, but the moves are easy to learn, you just have to practice. I also used her 30 Day Method cardio, which is a walk in a park, not at all difficult. The one I haven't tried but watched is her latest dance workout.

And yes, according to what she says she has a son. She talks about it in her post-pregnancy DVD.
:flower:

Guys, just in case somebody may find it helpful... :smile:

I'd suggest that you should start with either her 30-day method or her post-pregnancy DVD, just to get a feel for the exercises and practice the easiest cardio (with 30-day method).

Then you can move to original Mat workout and add Cardio workout if you like. You don't have to, but it helps. Personally, I use both cardio from 30-day method and her cardio workout, depending on how I am feeling and how much time I've got.

She also has a facebook page where you can chat with people who's been following her method for ages. And you can visit her official website and see other programmes she offers (but they are more expensive, unfortunately... :( )

x

Her FB page is really inspiring. Watching all those pictures makes you want to keep on the method.

Anyway, I started doing her treadmill workout in the park, since I don't own a treadmill. At first I was a little embarrassed to be honest, jumping all around but as the days went by I started to see the big difference, with the mat workout I wasnpt losing too much weight, I was shaping and toning my body but I needed to shed the pounds. It´s only been two weeks, 6 days a week for 45 mins and I LOVE the results. Trying to make it a habit now, and I quite enjoy it, it´s kinda fun, actually.

Other thing I've noticed is my face is so much smoother, my skin looks healthier. I guess this improves circulation and all the redness I get after the workout is helping, I don't know but I like it:P

Wow that's sounds amazing Daniellat! :buzz:
Thanks for sharing! :flower:

Go daniellat that's awesome.

LOL I expected to open this and see people going on about the post at ONTD about how bad her method is. It's an interesting read -

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/57423663.html
original post from the dailymail.co.uk so take it however you will.

Has anyone tried/looked at the diet or are you just doing the exercise?

I don't believe in giving up food and I would seriously never ever do her diet plan but her workouts are great and I'm going to keep on doing them as they are working for me. Diet wise the safest bet is Weight Watches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trainer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->