Tracy Anderson Method

^yep, I've read that yesterday and I was shocked at her suggested diet. Less than 700 calories per day?? :shock:
I'm only sticking to the exercise 3 times a week and definitely not 6 days a week as she recommends..

I don't believe in dieting and I think subsisting on 700 cal a day is nuts unless you are the size of a child basically with no activity whatsoever.

She is not a nutritionist so I don't care if she says this is the way to go with her method. I've only tried her workouts and they work for me, I have had great results in a very short period of time that I haven't got with other types of exercise, it´s fun and I like it.

I´m in love with my arms, btw :P

^yep, I've read that yesterday and I was shocked at her suggested diet. Less than 700 calories per day?? :shock:
I'm only sticking to the exercise 3 times a week and definitely not 6 days a week as she recommends..

I started 3 days a week too but after a while I got excited about the results so started doing it six days a week, it´s a huge difference and if you have the chance get outside, your porch, backyard etc, do it. It feels so much better than working out inside the house. Try to learn the basic moves so you don´t have to be watching the dvd all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I get you. But I'm so bad at memorizing I still watch the DVD, even after 2 months of watching it :lol:

^:woot: Is it good?

Since she said this: This Dance Aerobics video is the perfect cardio complement to your muscular structure work that you will do with the Mat video. This video is so unique because you have so many learning and viewing options.
~ Do I need to get the Mat video too?^_^

It is but it's also very hard to learn, especially the dance routine. I mostly do the simpler exercises in the beginning of it, to be honest :D I don't have any of her other ones and I do not think you have to buy them, that's just her silly marketing stragedy :flower:

I think the mat workout is best for a beginner, it´s all more relaxed and easy to follow. The post pregnancy video is good too, it has a killer ab workout. I alternate both of them.

You can alsowatch some bits on youtube, the sitting arm workout is short but really good. There are a lot of webisodes, as she calls them. The iron man video is impossible to follow, at least for me, it's too painful.

^Thank you guys! Are the Youtube videos just snippets of her DVDs or are they different things?

Anyone tried her new Metamorphosis workouts? There are seperate dvds etc depending on what your body shape is (i.e. pear, apple etc). It sounds great but I am skeptical

^I saw it mentioned on GOOP last week but I haven't read it yet. Must get onto it.

Anyone tried her new Metamorphosis workouts? There are seperate dvds etc depending on what your body shape is (i.e. pear, apple etc). It sounds great but I am skeptical

I just got it today and it looks nice. I got hipcentric and the workouts look good. This has much more production than the mat workout and the lighting is great, they even do close ups when tracy is doing certain moves and it helps to get a better idea of what she´s doing.

The introduction video is nice. She explains that you have to commit to it blah blah blah. But it´s nice. There´s also a chart to mark your progress. And also a suggested diet that I´m absolutely not going to follow:P

Daniellat: have you done the arm workout from the mat program?

Could someone please post her diet? I just wanna know what it looks like^^

Daniellat: have you done the arm workout from the mat program?

I stopped doing it a week ago, and now I do the sitting arms video from youtube then the post pregnancy abs and arms. I wanted to changes things up, the mat video is my favourite but I didn´t want to get bored or get my muscles bored, I already know the whole routine by memory:P

I only have 2 pound weights though, it´s fairly easy for me to do the workout and at times I feel like I can handle a bit more weight, but the sitting arms video is a killer so I don´t think I will buy any weights anytime soon:innocent:

I´ll stick with it until next week and then I'll start the metamorphosis workout. It says it lasts for 90 days and you get 9 different workouts, one every 10 days and a cardio workout to use thorough the program.

I must say though that after 3 months of following the method I still can´t do the whole workout, I have to skip some bits because some movements seem impossible to follow, I´m not strong enough and if I feel it´s too hard for me I just skip it, there are lots of skipping times during the post pregnancy video.:lol:

daniellat
I already know the whole routine by memory:P

I find it really hard to remember the arm routine from the mat workout which is a bit annoying since I can't do it when I'm at the gym I have to wait till I come home.
I use 3 pound weights and they're killing me hahaha I have very weak arms I guess

Thanks daniellat. So going to try this :flower:
I need routines that I can do in front of the telly :lol:

Good luck with that..It´s impossible for me to workout in front of the tv, I just can't, I have to watch the dvd even though I know the routines. I get too distracted.

I am really glad I found this thread. I haven't heard about Tracy Anderson before that.
I joined the gym 3 months ago and do cardio and weighs there... I must say my body really changed nicely (sorry I'm not a native - so that might sound weird). and looks toned and nice. I got very nice inspirations from Tracy - though I must say it's a bit silly of here to constantly talk about not being "bulky" - it's really, really hard to look bulky - unless your natural bodyshape is like Britney Spears for example. Nevertheless I tried Tracy's excercises a couple of days now and really like them... I do the arm workout alot - because its so easy to remember... I only exercise by the youtube videos though!
I just wanted to say thanks for opening to thread because it's really nice to get new inspiration when it comes to work out!!! It really helps me to get some variety when working out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foussman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->