Tracy Anderson Method

I'm struggling with my hands supporting the rest of my body while doing the meta workout. My wrists hurt like hell,:doh: because the whole weight is on them.

And I'm also having the same problem as daniellat, there is no way I can proceed with it after 10 minutes. And that sucks!:ninja:

I did the sitting arms vid on youtube for the first time...I did 4 minutes which is amazing regarding how flabby my arms are :rofl: but **** that burns! I don't think I'll be sore tommo though. I was just doing Pilates, and I have no arm exercises, so this was really great. I can't use weights because of a shoulder injure, so I'm quite happy with that vid. I don't think it's that hard to follow?

You can't be expected to complete the method in its entirety right away. Just keep adding more minutes every other day and you'll build endurance. Of course, Tracy isn't a fan of endurance b/c that means your muscles are 'getting used' to the workout - her method is all about constantly changing it up.

It is amazing though, the next day after I workout I swear I can see a difference :shock:

Endurance doesn't mean that your muscles are "getting used to" the workout, it means that it's working. Isn't that the whole point of working out - strengthening your body so it can endure more? It is for me anyway.

Fabulyss You know what...I really think my arms are looking better :lol: I'm not sore at all BTW.

Ida, I measured everything (arms, hips, tummy etc) before starting, so I can see exactly how much I've lost.:D

That arm workout really is hard at first time, but you get used to it after 2-3 times.

I should do that too! I'm afraid I'll be too depressed though :lol:

Well, you won't be if you do the workout constantly. I was a little bit disappointed because I didn't lose much at the area where I wanted to.:ermm: But I've lost 5 cm on my hips and 3 cm on my thighs.

OK I'm not imagining stuff. My BF said he could actually see that my arms looked different :shock: Then again...I build muscle like I'm on steroids. :lol:

I'm definitely going to try this! I eat fairly well but I still have some flab that I'd like to get rid of-I have a current workout that I do but I don't feel like I'm getting much result out of it.

^I may have to ask her for a check, you wouldn't believe the amount of people I got into buying her dvds...I need a comission :judge:

I'm not sure it's endurance or what but I feel stronger and it's less difficult for me to support my body while doing the meta moves, but there are some that I still can't do like the ones where your body is supported by your toes and hands, I still need to put a knee down or I'll feel like my belly button is going to pop out :lol: And I'm definitely more flexible.

About a week ago I just felt bored with meta and I started the Perfect Design Series, I still go back to all of the other dvds just to keep it interesting, they don't become easier (like the sitting arms video that still hurts like hell afterwards) but I just get bored.

Perfect Design is the most difficult of them all, you'll need a lot of strenght on your legs and abs and you could get seriusly injured if not done right. First time I did it I thought I pulled a muscle because my back was so sored and I stopped working out for a couple of days,then I came back with PD but payed extra attention to the moves. They are really slow and controlled and the angles are very specific. But it's a great workout just not for starters.

I have nothing agains't Tracy Anderson Method. I never really try her workout, just watched a few videos.
My question is : is it really that different from other workout ?
Compared to Les Mills Body training system for instance ?

Because, if you work out 2 hours every day like Gwyneth, you'll get result no matter which methode you're using.

I guess she's a little different because she makes it feel like it's not a workout.

After reading this threas, I've started doing the mat workout. I can only do the first twenty minutes :blush:

I would like to point out that it's not possible to "spot reduce". you can build muscle in a particular place, but where one's body chooses to lose fat first is not possible to control. just noticed a few people under the wrong impression in this thread.

I'm doing week 11 - 20 of the Hip series and OMG it is soooooo hard compare to the first 10 days, I could barely finish the mat exercise, is anyone on the same boat or is it just me?

Tracy's method is similar if not exactly like the aerobic dance classes I took in the 80s. She is totally right about dance cardio, light weights, tons of reps, floor work, isolating specific muscles. I've needed to.go back to.this type of workout for years, so glad I finally I did.
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->