Trends You Are Sick Of #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots but mainly Von Dutch.

His clothing is crap, its basically a white Hanes tank top with his name written across that cost like what 50 bucks? Don't even get me started on the trucker hats. The trucker hats were already awful to begin with but then his freakin name got splash on the hood so it should cost nearly 100 bucks?

Eh today I saw this girl with a black Von Dutch t-shirt on, a graffiti Von Dutch trucker hat. Von Dutch jeans AND a Von dutch pink bowling bag WTF. Does she think she look even hot in all the stuff? No, she look like a rediciulous fat logo wh*re even though ALL her Von Dutch stuff was fake as hell.

Originally posted by Toxxxic@Aug 9 2004, 08:11 PM
Lots but mainly Von Dutch.

His clothing is crap, its basically a white Hanes tank top with his name written across that cost like what 50 bucks? Don't even get me started on the trucker hats. The trucker hats were already awful to begin with but then his freakin name got splash on the hood so it should cost nearly 100 bucks?

Eh today I saw this girl with a black Von Dutch t-shirt on, a graffiti Von Dutch trucker hat. Von Dutch jeans AND a Von dutch pink bowling bag WTF. Does she think she look even hot in all the stuff? No, she look like a rediciulous fat logo wh*re even though ALL her Von Dutch stuff was fake as hell.
[snapback]326549[/snapback]​

At least it couldn't ever be as bad as the real McCoy...

Another vote here for pleated mini's... Go walk around a mall on a Friday night and you will be able to count at least 20 teens and tweens wearing these things... uck.

Yes i agree about those chinese slippers, they are heinous. I'm sure the vendors are having a good laugh about. Some fool decided they were cool and all hell breaks loose :shock: I dont know if i would call it a trend though. I guess i'm sick of the whole pseudo hipster look :sick:

Black everything, thong sandals/flip flop, charms on handbag, heart-charm necklace and bracelet, mini ruffle skirt, shorts, LV, Hermes bags, tanned skin and logos :sick: :sick:

If I see one more person with blonde highlights I will be sick :sick:

Hello people! That colour has been out of style for months! Please have your hairdressers save you from being really tacky.

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Aug 9 2004, 10:49 PM
Black everything, thong sandals/flip flop, charms on handbag, heart-charm necklace and bracelet, mini ruffle skirt, shorts, LV, Hermes bags, tanned skin and logos :sick: :sick:
[snapback]326741[/snapback]​

When you say charms on handbag do you mean like the bags on the Prada f/w runway? i kinda like the look, adds more individuality to a bag..

also, i think that hermes bags will always be a classic :innocent:

Originally posted by utopia@Aug 9 2004, 04:52 PM
- overdone glamour/sequins/overt use of metallics...

I actually kinda like that stuff. :wink:

...nice clothes are nice clothes are nice clothes, regardless of whether they're in style or not.

Wonderfully said. I wish more people thought that way.

Originally posted by CelineChic@Aug 10 2004, 01:51 AM
If I see one more person with blonde highlights I will be sick :sick:

Hello people! That colour has been out of style for months! Please have your hairdressers save you from being really tacky.
[snapback]326849[/snapback]​

Some people look quite nice with blonde highlights, depending on the natural color of their hair. Two of my friends, whose hair is naturally a light brown shade get subtle highlights done, and it makes their hair look a lot bouncier and generally brighter and more eye-catching.

I will agree with you that bad highlights can look awfully tacky, however.

Ugg boots with mini skirts... girls in sydney persist to wear this I just can't stand it...

And the whole i-did-this-in-two-minutes-hairstyle-which-really-took-2-hours look
Grrrrr

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Aug 8 2004, 01:21 AM
Ponchos, have always hated them :yuk:
[snapback]324818[/snapback]​

totally agree. hatee ponchos :doh:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Aug 10 2004, 05:35 AM
Some people look quite nice with blonde highlights, depending on the natural color of their hair. Two of my friends, whose hair is naturally a light brown shade get subtle highlights done, and it makes their hair look a lot bouncier and generally brighter and more eye-catching.

I will agree with you that bad highlights can look awfully tacky, however.
[snapback]326921[/snapback]​

I'm talking about those really UNnaturla highlights. No one has hair that is almost white!

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Aug 10 2004, 03:58 AM
When you say charms on handbag do you mean like the bags on the Prada f/w runway? i kinda like the look, adds more individuality to a bag..

also, i think that hermes bags will always be a classic :innocent:
[snapback]326871[/snapback]​

I know Hermes is classic and I love the Birkin but it's tiring to see everyone parading it on TV and magazines. It's also sickening to see cheap-looking skank carrying knockoffs in local malls and supermarkets.

Originally posted by mxggies@Aug 9 2004, 07:05 PM
wtf, color?
[snapback]326479[/snapback]​

yeah it was cute at first and i know everyone can't just return their yellow crocodile gabbanas and their every shade under the sun bags, but it has gotten out of control...the shock value is gone and now it just looks like one's trying too hard.

don't get me wrong...it's not color, in general, it's color-as-trend that i'm sick of.

Originally posted by CelineChic@Aug 10 2004, 11:22 AM
I'm talking about those really UNnaturla highlights. No one has hair that is almost white!
[snapback]327150[/snapback]​

actually my best friend has white blonde hair. naturally.

and people are forever walking up to her and telling her to lay off the bleach. she gets so annoyed by it and I don't blame her.... it pisses me off when people make assumptions about things that are none of their business.

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Aug 9 2004, 10:49 PM
[snapback]326741[/snapback]​

black is a trend? I guess if black is a trend, then Hermes is a fad. :rolleyes: lol.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 10 2004, 09:14 PM
yeah it was cute at first and i know everyone can't just return their yellow crocodile gabbanas and their every shade under the sun bags, but it has gotten out of control...the shock value is gone and now it just looks like one's trying too hard.

don't get me wrong...it's not color, in general, it's color-as-trend that i'm sick of.
[snapback]327819[/snapback]​

I actually kind of agree with you. I am very sick of the whole red shoes, yellow dress, green bag thing. Carrie Bradshaw could pull it off, three years ago, most women can not. Its played out.

On the subject of emo glasses....I have to wear thick plastic frames because I'm so blind that my thick thick lenses keep popping out of wire rims. I don't think you should think of it as a trend as long as the person really needs glasses. I think its good everyones embracing their lack of poor eyesight rather than trying to make their glasses as invisible as possible.

And on the topic of ladylike clothes...how can some of you say in one paragraph that you hate girls dressing with little to no clothing, and then bash the ladylike look? Make up your mind! I think that the ladylike is so classic and just can't be beat. And I don't think it'll ever fully be a trend because there will always be so many people who won't be able to get out of their head the idea that "LESS CLOTHES = MORE ATTRACTIVE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->