Tumblr

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by Leeroi, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell New Member

Yours is so lovely! :heart::flower:

2. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

I heard Xanga is becoming the cool place to go now? Anyone on there too?

I have to make a blog for a class in the fall and I want to find the perfect place to start it. some of my friends said OnSugar has a great format too.

3. Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell New Member

I made one, it's for sharing embarrassing moments! haha. But there's practically no content yet because I need user submissions.. Follow me? :p

http://embarrassed.tumblr.com/

4. jets to brazil

jets to brazil New Member

5. from: sophia

I just made one and I am addicted

6. jets to brazil

jets to brazil New Member

7. juno

juno New Member

8. Susanna-Cole

Susanna-Cole New Member

Started a new Tumblr, an outlet for all those cute cat photos I keep seeming to collect. :blush: ^_^

Click here for The Cat Carousel, a collective of feline photographs.

Just started it today, so not much yet, but don't worry, I have a whole overstuffed folder of cat photos on my desktop, still to come. :lol:

9. haute femme

haute femme turn and face the strange

guys, this may be a stupid question, but is there a way to see who reblogs you and what they do? I think the notifications on my dashboard have expired, or something like that.. but it says someone's reblogged something so I'd like to see. Thanks!

www.katie02160.tumblr.com

10. Susanna-Cole

Susanna-Cole New Member

Go to your dashboard, then click on your Tumblr title (in the large, white font, not the smaller links below), over on the right hand box, underneath the "Dashboard" box, which will have a green background, if your on your dashboard page.

That should bring you to a page displaying only the posts you've made, and between your posts will be blue boxes with links, showing whose liked, and re-blogged your posts, as well as whose started following you.

If you want to view the entries others have reblogged from you, just click the "reblogged" link,in the lines that says "nameoftumblr reblogged your photo:".

Sorry if that was too much detail. I'm not very good at saying things in few words. :blush: Hope this can help you though! :flower:

#30 Susanna-Cole, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 6, 2009
  11. haute femme

^ Thank you for responding Susanna-Cole! You're very kind ^_^ It's just that, for some reason, it only has one of the blue boxes that says "___ started following you".. when there are more than just one, as well as some who have "heart"ed things and reblogged things..hmm.. I used to have much more of the blue boxes on my dashboard but they disappeared! Haha.. Do you get what I mean?

12. Susanna-Cole

Susanna-Cole New Member

Try going to this link here, it will only work if you're logged in, and only for you. Are you still only seeing one blue box on the page I just linked? :unsure:

Another way you can see what people have liked and reblogged, is by going to that same page I linked you to, and then just clicking the "? notes" (the "?" will be whatever number of notes that post has), which is the first light gray link, in the top right of the white box surrounding your post.

Clicking that link should then bring down a link list, at the bottom of the white box for that post, that will list all likes and reblogs for that specific post only.

Let me know if that works or not. :flower:

13. haute femme

AH! The "notes" link showed me everything I was curious about. Thanks so much for all of your help :flower:

You have wonderful taste in photography and interior design, by the way! :heart:

edit: wasn't able to karma you cause I need to spread some rep first..!

#33 haute femme, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 6, 2009
  14. Susanna-Cole

Susanna-Cole New Member

You're welcome! I'm happy I was able to help you! ^_^

And aw, thank you so much, I'm glad you think so. :blush: :heart: And oh, don't worry about the karma, I understand, and besides that, it's the thought that counts. ;) :flower:

Oh and I just checked our your Tumblr, it's really beautiful! :heart: I'm going follow you for sure. ;)

15. Susanna-Cole

Susanna-Cole New Member

What is it with everyone naming Tumblr blogs f*ckyeah(name of person or thing)? I thought it was kind of clever, the first five times or so, but now that I've seen it like a million times, it just seems overused, I'm like, "Come on, Tumblr community, you can come up with a name more clever and fresh than that!" :rolleyes: (And maybe one that is fronted with the curse word I hate most. Perhaps, hellyeah...instead? :p)

#35 Susanna-Cole, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 25, 2009
  16. kasmslo

kasmslo New Member

17. loopymoi

loopymoi New Member

18. PinkPrincess113

PinkPrincess113 New Member

i love tumblr... i've used xanga, blogspot, livejournal, etc etc and this is by far my favorite.

mine is mostly used for fashion inspirations, wants, needs, songs, b*tching, etc.. i love it. it's great because you don't feel obligated to pay attention to everyone's comments, blogrolls, etc like on blogspot. it's clean and easy to use, and i love reading my subscriptions when i log in.

here's mine: http://omgiwant.tumblr.com

19. electrichearts

electrichearts New Member

I'm hooked to Tumblr! Mine is strangelittlegirls.tumblr.com :)

I basically just post fashion-related pictures that I like. I love finding new people to follow, and I can spend hours just trawling through it.

20. autorock

autorock New Member