Blog Design Technique & Tips

thanks a lot sydney girl!!!

for anyone who likes to custom interface their layouts or blogs; i like to go to this site to get inspiration & even find different scripts for letter spacing or layout formatting. thought it would be helpful for anyone starting out. for the most part, HTML is just reading.

here is the link i mentioned.
http://www.createblog.com/

does anyone know how to post large images on blogger without half the image getting lost? i cant figure it out.

If you are using blogspot, the reason your images are being cropped is because the image width is larger than the table width of your blog. You can either edit your layout to fit larger images or resize the images.

You can upload your images on Flickr to get different sized images quickly or simply resize the images using code which links to the larger image. Make sure the dimensions are proportionate, otherwise your images will be skewed.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know of any way to track IPs of visitors (blogspot compatible)? I really don't care about any other visitor stats except IPs..

http://www.blogpatrol.com

It is a bit slow to load, but it is very informative. Includes most popular search words, how they got to your blog, when the left, what browser they are using, screen resolution, oh and IP address among other things... ^_^

i was just wondering if anyone knows where i could get some interesting backgrounds for my blogspot blog? Primarily black and white ones/ Minimalist ones? Thanks! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you all think about a black background and white writing? Doesn't it hurt your eyes or is that just me? And if so should I go for something less extreme like a cream or greyish color for the text?

What do you all think about a black background and white writing? Doesn't it hurt your eyes or is that just me? And if so should I go for something less extreme like a cream or greyish color for the text?

i would say, depending on the content of your blog it really depends. usually black is too intense for the reader, but if you have mostly writing it can work in some ways. if you're going for a darker aesthetic than maybe you should consider a charcoal colored backdrop. i prefer white, especially when posting images because it allows the images to shine on their own. if not black or white, find something in between that you like design wise.

^It's just that there are so many white blogs and I want to set mine apart, you know? I always thought that a black background would make photographs stand out more? :huh: Thank you for the advice.

I think that black background with white text is too much of a contrast, but I think it would mostly depend on the font..

I used to be good at writing html scripts, or better yet editing them to look the way I wanted them to, but that was in my Myspace days..:lol: and now I barely have the time for that..Anyway..:P

I want to get some advice and/or help with designing my blog..i don't want to post the link because i'm not sure if that's allowed but it's in my signature. I want to keep the design simple because I want it to be mainly about the photographs I blog about, but If someone could give me some tips on how minor things like texts, headline etc. to make it a little more tech-savvy, i'd appreciate it.

:flower:

I think that black background with white text is too much of a contrast, but I think it would mostly depend on the font..

I used to be good at writing html scripts, or better yet editing them to look the way I wanted them to, but that was in my Myspace days..:lol: and now I barely have the time for that..Anyway..:P

I want to get some advice and/or help with designing my blog..i don't want to post the link because i'm not sure if that's allowed but it's in my signature. I want to keep the design simple because I want it to be mainly about the photographs I blog about, but If someone could give me some tips on how minor things like texts, headline etc. to make it a little more tech-savvy, i'd appreciate it.

:flower:

i always like to give people advice, since people seem very responsive to my own design which i did. i come from the same era, learning HTML through myspace & before that with xanga. you mentioned that you wanted to post your link, but are not sure if that is allowed. while this thread is mostly used for exchange of tips & tricks, so to speak. this thread allows you to promote your own blog as an exchange with other members. post your thread, the members usually give advice or nods of appreciation for what is seen.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f58/tfs-member-blogs-51243.html

hi i was wondering if someone could help me with the graphic design for a small online vintage shop name

What do you all think about the logos/headers/title bit on blogs?
I hate mine but I can't really think what to do. How did other people create theirs? I don't know what I want so I can't figure out what to change.

What do you all think about the logos/headers/title bit on blogs?
I hate mine but I can't really think what to do. How did other people create theirs? I don't know what I want so I can't figure out what to change.

I think it depends on your background color. If you don't know how to work with PS you can try to make a header my way:
My background is white and I use black text so that's easier. I used dafont.com and made an example with text I wanted as a header, then copied and pasted in Paint. Very easy.

@jeremydante You have an awesome blog!

Hey guys! Im totally new to blogging and am feeling a little bit unsure of myself. A friend told me to link my blog with facebook to make it easier to follow.... I've tried but am feeling a little confused! can anyone guide me about the best way to go about it?

ps: here is my blog: mypurplegrape.blogspot.com. I would love to hear constructive criticism.

^It's just that there are so many white blogs and I want to set mine apart, you know? I always thought that a black background would make photographs stand out more? :huh: Thank you for the advice.

If you don't need your readers to focus on text, black background is OK. It does makes photos stand out more. If you want them to read, however, black text on white background is the way to go. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->