Blog Design Technique & Tips

I'm creating a blog again (I currently have a tumblr and had another blog for over 2 years through blogger) but I'm unsure of what web-hosting site I should use. Does it matter? Blogger, Wordpress, or Blogspot? I want one where I can have a nice design and is relatively easy to use. I've never done anything with HTML or coding in general though. Which has me a bit worried. So what would people recommend going with?

i don't think it matters really...
just pick the one that is easiest for you to understand and use...

I use blogspot and I think possibilities are pretty limitted there in terms of design etc (same to tumblr which has even less possibilities but can be a great addition to your "main site"). You need to have excellent HTML coding skills to make a blogspot look professional.
Wordpress... some of my friends have been using this platform... At the beginning it's quite challanging, but you will easily get used to it and have a wider range of design elements there.

Is there any way to make the labels in blogger look like this on a widget in the sidebar:

Label 1
Label 2
Label 3

instead of this:
  • Label 1
  • Label 2
  • Label 3

:flower:

Is there a way of removing ALL the white space betweeen photos in blogger?

From this:
image.png

to this:
image.png

screencaps by me (from Arrested Development)

I'm wondering if anyone can help me re this style of font

124vn60.png

Where could I get a font quite similar to this, free or paid for. I've searched but no luck
What would you call a font like this, handwritten, fountain pen, freehnd...nothing I search seems to come up with this style and I've trawled quite a few sites!
How could make my own font like this?

Thank you in advance!

^Which website did you search? I'm pretty sure you could find this or something similar enough on dafont.com

I'm wondering if anyone can help me re this style of font

Where could I get a font quite similar to this, free or paid for. I've searched but no luck
What would you call a font like this, handwritten, fountain pen, freehnd...nothing I search seems to come up with this style and I've trawled quite a few sites!
How could make my own font like this?

Thank you in advance!

Have you tried:
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
or
http://www.whatfontis.com/?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love simple blogs with medium large images and good photography and quality images and white backtound.I am trying this also on my blog but same size images are impossible.and I like to feel free so I never use same fonts or super tidy look in general.:smile:

I really need help with my blogspot. Me and computers dont really get a long. If someone could help i would be eternally greatful! I want clean and simple. Largeish or medium sized photos, white backround, some nice fonts etc.

I just started blogging, too. I always missed a blog that covers both my favorite things in the world: beauty chemistry and minimalism. And this is my take on it. I started it a month ago and I am very new to blogging.

Would love to hear what you think about the look of my minimalistic layout. It took a while to learn how to build things, I literally started from the scratch. Maybe you have recommendations or questions. I would be so happy ^_^

thesilentwhite.com
https://www.facebook.com/thesilentwhite

Thank you
Ea

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back