UK Elle March 2012 : Alexa Chung by Thomas Schenk

Alexa is insufferable.She's the hipster's Paris Hilton. But she's looking quite good on the cover.

If that cover on the left is the newsstand shot, it hardly shouts out that this is MARCH - an important fashion issue that you must have or miss out - because it seems to be Alexa looking fed up on a sofa. Regardless of who it is, where's the vitality?

I like the newsstands cover. For the first time I like a cover of Alexa.

Bigger preview of newsstand cover

ZTehZ.jpg

twitter/LorraineELLE

thanks tarsha. the colours are amazing, i just don't like her face much. there's to much of something in her face

Other than my total disinterest in Alexa (and I like her personality), the newstand cover is a massive improvement on the subs one.
I'm really wondering if anyone is remotely interested in anything she does, or says anymore.

I like the cover, it's simple and also love how she Alexa looks in it.
I'm looking forward for Bregje's and Vlada's ed, specially vlada's ahahaha.

The free Soap & Glory Thick and Fast mascara tempts me to get this issue, considering it normally costs around £10... it's more like buying a cut-price mascara and getting a free magazine.
Posted via Mobile Device

the other cover blew me away but this one does not lol

Why her again?:rolleyes: But I must admit that both newsstand and subscriber's covers look really good!

Love the colours on the cover and in her ed. But it would have been great if Clemence or Charlotte were on the cover for a change.

I'm starting to get bored with UK Elle. I'm not happy about it but it's the last one I pick up off my pile each month. I hope this issue is better.

It's a shame you know, I really like the eds this month - far better than UK Vogue, but why did they have to put the weakest person from the weakest photoshoot on the cover? It's images like this that really make me resent people calling Alexa a 'model' because she's clearly not. Overall though it seems like a nice optimistic issue. It's really what Elle does best.

Elle is a mainstream womans magazine.
It is a business.
It has to sell.
It has to make money.

Alexa chung sells magazines.
Every magazine wants her.

This is why she is on the cover.

previews of bregje's ed

clemence:

vlada

caroline, poppy, elisa, alexa, laura, tallulah

loren

sauliusst @ ebay

^Thanks for all the previews, definitely more excited for this issue now:D. Bregies looks fab, loving all the looks so far, Clemence is as lovely as ever, love her in the Prada car top:heart:, and nice to see Vlada looking sexy for a change. And I like the newstand cover much better, not so much for Alexa but that adorable Vuitton dress and shoes:P

* one pic missing

marry the night
model: vlada roslyakova
photographer: david slipjer
stylist: anne-marie curtis
hair: tomohiro ohashi
make-up: mary-jane frost

scans by Greenway via vlada's thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I might buy the issue but I have enough British magazines with Alexa covers.Bored to death! whats the hype? Clemence ed is nice.I watched the video too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->