UK Elle March 2020 : Zoë Kravitz by Paola Kudacki

Really? A February reprint of the same US cover but with a pink filter??

As a 'big name fashion magazine', this edition of Elle is really trading on its reputation now.

The editor seems to be applying the same formula to UK Elle that she employed for UK Cosmo - generic content and covers which are often reprints.

I don't buy US Elle these days because there's absolutely nothing of interest to me beyond the front cover, so I don't hate the sight of a reprint on a cheaper edition, but there are probably youtubers who invest more effort into creating original content than what gets churned out on the pages of this magazine.

Yikes, all the UK magazines are gloomy.

Farrah is making it so difficult to root for her. A reprint cover for the 2nd most important month on the fashion calendar tells me she doesn't care. Either that or things are far worse at Elle than it looks.

We’re only three issues in to this new decade and two thirds of the covers are already reprints/global Elle deals. It’s just sad.

I understand it for smaller months e.g. January but for March?!?

Is her remit to save money? Because she must be saving a fortune with re-prints and global deals.

UK Elle March 2020

The Joy of Sex

Photographer: Mariana Maltoni
Stylist: Aurelia Donaldson
Hair: Hiroshi Matsushita
Makeup: Jimmy Jones
Manicure: Nichole Williams
Cast: Alexandra Agoston

UK Elle Digital Edition

UK Elle March 2020

Into the Light

Photographer: Andreas Sjodin
Stylist: Laura Seganti
Hair: Christoph Hasenbein
Makeup: Sergio Corvacho
Cast: Alexina Graham

UK Elle Digital Edition

UK Elle March 2020

Flashback

Photographer: Lacey
Stylist: Heathermary Jackson
Hair: Rudy Martins
Makeup: Ayami Nishimura
Cast: Jasmine Dwyer

UK Elle Digital Edition

A sad state of affairs when we're getting reprints for March, especially when the American edition with Zoe is on newsstands here at exactly the same time. However, I must confess that this did look rather beautiful on the shelf in Tesco earlier this morning - pink filter et al.

I did notice that UK Vogue's cover is pink, Elle is pink, Cosmo is pink... Bazaar is defying the trend by opting for bright orange.

The reprint cover rubbed me really wrong and I was quite prepared to give this a miss until I saw the fashion content. Wow, definitely a great addition to my collection! Maybe it's because Anne-Marie's tenure is still so freshly etched in my mind, or because you simply don't get this level of thematic editorials in mainstream magazines anymore, but it's just such a bliss to flip through the print copy.

Alexina Graham's edit is likely an Italian Elle buyout which will be published in the coming weeks, but the other two were created by UK Elle team. Mariana Maltoni once again impressed me with The Joy of Sex. Everything, the angles, composition, styling and poses look so chic. Especially the 4th shot. And even though Flashback is basically textbook Inez & Vinoodh, it still looks refreshing here.

So far Farrah's tenure is tainted by reprinted covers, last-minute cover choices, and global deals. But she deserves credit for bringing in two new stylists with a very defined point of view which instantly separates Elle from Vogue and Harper's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->