US Elle February 2020 : Zoë Kravitz by Paola Kudacki

Assuming that is the subscriber cover, I'm gonna have to sneak that one in. Doubt my parents will give it to me when they see it even though its my subscription

I wish I could just move out.

She's one of the most beautiful girls right now. She could pass as an Avedon girl.

I think she's pretty (apart from that hair), but everything is so forced and phony about her. Her acting, facial expressions, posing, even the smile in that one photo. Don't take yourself too seriously, girl.

I guess perception is a serious thing because I find her so effortless.

Zoe Kravitz in Saint Laurent. Groundbreaking. (She does look good tho).

Saw this issue in bookstore, they go back to their old size, it’s not wide anymore. Also this issue is very thin, only 128 pages, which makes me a little bit surprised cause usually regular month issues of US ELLE is slightly thicker than US Vogue. Makes me wonder how many pages Vogue will have this month, they can’t be as thin as the january issue, right?

Anyway the editorial contents in this issue is not that bad, it looks kinda interesting and not boring. But of course still very few reading contents.

Elle always does a good job with Zoe (not that she's a hard cover subject, BEYOND gorgeous), the Running with Wolves spread from last year is still one of my favorites.

I agree she's way overdue for a Vogue cover. One of the most talented and beautiful actresses of the moment. But no, Wintour would rather feature Reese Witherspoon again.

That running with wolves edit was actually US Harper's, believe it or not.
Haha that is so hard to believe now. I'm pretty sure that was the last cover before they decided to have the same kind of shoot over and over.

That's the power of a genuinely photogenic person - a generic editorial becomes elevated in the memory because there was something special about it.

I miss the work of people whose beauty went beyond the page and into our minds and memories.

Only 128 pages.

Review:

"Major Key"
Photographer: Terence Connors
Stylist: Marine Braunschvig
Model: Myrthe Bolt
Shot in Key West

"Walk This Way"
Photographer: Sebastian Kim
Stylist: Aurelia Donaldson
Models: Charlee Fraser, Lameka Fox, Georgia Fowler, Chane Husselmann

Not much written content other than an essay by David Sedaris