UK Elle May 2010 : Demi Moore by David Slijper

Demi's forehead looks overly airbrushed, i do much prefer the newsstand to the subscribers copy

Fashion editor : Natalie Wansbrough-Jones
Photographer : Garance Doré

elle1g.jpg

elle5.jpg

elle41.jpg

Garancedore.fr

Demi is so pretty but they tried to make her look like a new face and it flopped:ninja:

I don't mind Demi, and I appreciate the magazine choosing someone different for their cover, but I don't think she works that well with UK Elle's aesthetic. I wouldn't say it's awful, but that cover doesn't give me any compelling reason to get this issue.

I checked this in the store and there is one ed where they are playing colors.. kind of lovely. A midsummer night's dream. Found some previews from stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/celebritymodeldvds__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Has anyone posted this???
Limited Edition cover by Garance Dore:
ellecovergarancedore1.jpg

:heart:
Source: garancedore.fr

^no, i was just about to post it, i haven't seen that anywhere, and I'm completely unsure where id get it, i actually want it

That limited edition Demi cover is quite something. Although there have been quite a few magazines doing illustrations for their covers and that can become boring if it becomes a trend. Thanks for posting, birdyandme.

With that illustrated cover, I was disappointed that they hadn't used someone who excels at the craft - Garance might be good at it but she's not one of the greats - but I still find it rather charming.

I would buy this mag, but the cover subject should not be encouraged . I have trouble thinking of someone less interesting or relevant. She was a terrible actress back in the day, so why this relic is still around baffles me.I guess this means Elle will still be giving Lindsey Lohan the cover in 20 years. Well but i do bow to the plastic surgeon and the retoucher. Great job.

^no, i was just about to post it, i haven't seen that anywhere, and I'm completely unsure where id get it, i actually want it

It's not available to buy. Only 100 copies were produced and the only way to get one was to be a member of the Elle Insider scheme/thing they promote in each issue. They randomly selected 100 people who'd signed up for that to win a copy each.

Lucy In The Sky
Model: Dewi Driegen
Photographer: Lee Broomfield
Stylist: Natalie Wansbrough-Jones

Unpublished:

*fashiongonerogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53