UK Harper’s Bazaar April 2020 : Gugu Mbatha-Raw by Richard Phibbs

MISTRESS OF TALES & REVELS
Photographer:
Richard Phibbs
Stylist: Rosie Arkell-Palmer
Hair & Make-Up: Amy Brandon
Model/Celebrity: Hilary Mantel

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

I've always had a soft spot for British Harper's Bazaar but I am slowly starting to loose my patience with the magazine of late, and find both the newsstand and subscribers covers here incredibly basic and lackluster. The two cover images (and entire cover feature) evoke... nothing. Nothing.

If they don't get a new editor in who wants to be there, I can see this magazine going the way of Marie Claire - what a waste, when Bazaar has been a magazine that's recently achieved a consistent increase in its readership.

If they don't get a new editor in who wants to be there, I can see this magazine going the way of Marie Claire - what a waste, when Bazaar has been a magazine that's recently achieved a consistent increase in its readership.
It’s sad, I don’t understand why she left and what’s the problem to find a new EIC.

vam.ac.uk

HARPER'S BAZAAR APRIL 2020 (Collectors' Edition for the V&A)
Photographer
: Patrick Demarchelier
Celebrity: Madonna
Fashion Editor: Brana Wolf
Stylist: Arianne Phillips
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Laura Mercier

When I finally got time to sit down and read this issue, the kimono feature - more of a personal reminiscence - wasn't very long, but it was an interesting starting point, and it would have been wonderful to have had a little bit more content of that sort in the magazine - a bit more about the art form aspect of the kimono.

But I've thrown out the last two issues of UK Bazaar, because there's not much in there that's worth keeping. The travel section has some gorgeous photography, but the rest of it has become rather mundane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->